87XX Charter Initiative

SMS

Very interesting.

Now how did you even discover this, and why do they even do that?

I know you are not joking or anything, but it almost seems too good to be true, and who else would even use this feature?

(Sorry for derailing)

During doors open 2007, the tour they gave they told us they've once had someone calling asking how to cook a turkey, as they are tax payers and OC Transpo is funded by tax payers (well at least 50% of it), they will ask around seeing if anyone knows how to cook a turkey and they will tell you. So that got me thinking, if they will tell you how to cook a turkey, will they tell you where a specific bus is? So I tested this feature when one day on my scanner, a driver called in a Code 5 for the EZ Rider demo we had as the automatic announcements was annoying him and calling out the wrong stops to go with it. So after that I couldn't believe my ears so I called them up (this was the first time I tested this feature) and sure enough it was out on the 123. I got a photo of it in service on the 123. Photo here Wouldn't of gotten this photo if they didn't confirm the radio scanner for it being out. So that is photographic proof that they will give out info as long as you just ask the correct question.

Later I tested it with random buses that I've previously saw so I'd say it works, they'll tell you almost anything if you call that number lol

BTW OC Transpo will not understand "EZ Rider", they didn't know what I was asking about until I said "30 foot demo bus". Just a tip if anyone plans on using this in the future. If you want to find those new D60LFs probably a good idea to ask "Could you tell me if any 2008 60 footers are out today? Like 6351 or 6352. If so could you tell me where I could find one?" If they ask "How do you expect me to find them?" as I've had this happen to me, just say "Well don't you guys have GPS on them?" and then he'll do a GPS search on them.

I plan on using this once again on Friday to find 8769 because I want to judge the ride quality before I select it as our charter bus. I know 8769 has GPS so it should work.

Well, I've heard all about that guy. He's certainly causes absolute big stir with the hobby!

Yep, apparently he's been complaining about me mentioning him on here, really I don't care

Not sure if this would make things worse with the guy or not, but you can and should reserve the right to remove anyone from the charter at your discretion due to bad behaviour and/or disrupting other participants.

It will make things worse if he's on here. No other transit fan that I know (even one who used to be on here) likes him anymore. We all more dislike him now so it would be total war on the charter if he is on it. I prefer peace personally so I'd rather not have one extra guy who would cause so much stress on the charter. Also I planned on putting that on the waiver though I hope not to use it on anyone else.

Now I guess this is another long post, but I answered all your questions to my best ability (and honestly).

Don't forget

8773/79/83/86/90/91/92/93/95/96/98/99

He is saying, that OC Transpo is preparing 8769 for your the charter.

And I believe you forgot 8775 unless your only counting the ones at Pine.

I also got a look at 8769. Seems to be in a bit better condition then the other 87xx's. (Judging by the appearance on the exterior)

Point55.

He is saying, that OC Transpo is preparing 8769 for your the charter.

And I believe you forgot 8775 unless your only counting the ones at Pine.

I also got a look at 8769. Seems to be in a bit better condition then the other 87xx's. (Judging by the appearance on the exterior)

Point55.

8769 is the oldest in service, so that would be the first choice for this charter. After looking at some of the other buses, i have noticed 8769 has just small ammounts of rust which is good for OC's oldest. Some of the other 87s i've seen are rusted out & swansea bound so 8769 should be the bus for us. Technicly i cant say much as m. wright is planning this..

8769 is the oldest in service, so that would be the first choice for this charter. After looking at some of the other buses, i have noticed 8769 has just small ammounts of rust which is good for OC's oldest. Some of the other 87s i've seen are rusted out & swansea bound so 8769 should be the bus for us. Technicly i cant say much as m. wright is planning this..

We're still meeting at the upper level on St.Laurent at the old 123, 124, 126, 128 stop correct?

Point55. :lol:

We're still meeting at the upper level on St.Laurent at the old 123, 124, 126, 128 stop correct?

Point55. :lol:

For that you'll have to wait till I call the guy to confirm it.

And yes 8769 is the bus I'm aiming to get for this charter as it is the oldest OC bus in active service.

Im interested in the charter. Has a date been set yet and how much $?

Just my 2 cents, if the charter is less than 4 hours, I think a lunch stop is unnecessary as it would take away time from the actual charter.

Thanks.

Hopefully Mike will get a chance to book for the bus as soon that guy comes back from vacation, but that's going to be quite close on the date they wanted.

Okay I'll try to call him tomorrow but I was just reading the bylaws for the heck of it and I think I might of found one that could help us with the Brennan issue.

32. (1) In this Section, “objectionable conduct” includes but is not limited to the conduct described in Section 19.

(2) A proper authority may refuse passage on the transit system to:

(a) a person in possession of explosives, a firearm, a dangerous weapon, flammable material or any other dangerous thing or material;

(:P a person in a state of intoxication, under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, or otherwise in an unfit or improper condition, who acts in a manner detrimental to the public;

© a person whose conduct is or is likely to be objectionable to other passengers or the operator of the transit vehicle; or

(d) a person carrying hand luggage, a parcel or any object or thing that does inconvenience or is likely to inconvenience other passengers.

(3) This refusal of passage may be for a single trip, or for a longer period as defined by the City.

(4) No person shall remain in or upon any transit property after having been refused service by a proper authority.

As Brennan is likely to be objectionable to other passengers (me and a few others) I would say that this bylaw would apply to him as this is a OC Vehicle after all and I don't see any bylaws stating that the bylaws do not applying to us just because we're a charter. However I think proper authority means special constables or a driver.

So for this problem, I think it's pretty well solved as now we even have the bylaws in our favor. Also it might not be a good think for him to show up anyway because I think if you are charged under this bylaw, this could result in a ban from the entire system.

Anyway as for the date, I am aiming for September 13th as my lucky number is #13 and it's the closest Saturday to the middle of the month. So as it's my lucky number, I just hope we're lucky and get good weather on that day for good photos.

Oh and really I don't care if he finds out what I found, gives him more of a reason to stay away as I don't want one guy to ruin this charter.

Oh and really I don't care if he finds out what I found, gives him more of a reason to stay away as I don't want one guy to ruin this charter.

Well, at least for the people who got a chance to read all about him now understands about him!

Well, at least for the people who got a chance to read all about him now understands about him!

Yeah, that guy seriously needs a life if his life is to pretend he's someone he isn't. Well I guess the correct term would be "needs a new life".

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who would agree to that statement.

Yeah, that guy seriously needs a life if his life is to pretend he's someone he isn't. Well I guess the correct term would be "needs a new life".

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who would agree to that statement.

I agree. There are few other people who've kept track of that guy for the last several years.

But anyway, hopefully you get a target date for the charter by the time you'll give them a call.

I agree. There are few other people who've kept track of that guy for the last several years.

But anyway, hopefully you get a target date for the charter by the time you'll give them a call.

Well glad I could be of service to those few people.

I feel so special. I want a cookie! ^.^ (Not really, I'm playing around :P)

Point55. :P

(Do we have a pick-up location yet, or no? I think St.Laurent won't work anymore due to the construction and it's just causing buses to be late on their schedules with all the lane reductions, drivers using the wrong lanes, trying to squeeze in between service fleets and that rail concrete separator thing... perhaps, somewhere more convenient, away from all these construction (unless they finish by Sept 13th)

I feel so special. I want a cookie! ^.^ (Not really, I'm playing around :P)

(Do we have a pick-up location yet, or no? I think St.Laurent won't work anymore due to the construction and it's just causing buses to be late on their schedules with all the lane reductions, drivers using the wrong lanes, trying to squeeze in between service fleets and that rail concrete separator thing... perhaps, somewhere more convenient, away from all these construction (unless they finish by Sept 13th)

In my opinion, Hurdman Station stop 2C would be a good location to do the pick-up. There isn't as much people at Hurdman during the weekend compared to weekday rush hour. Also, the service stop that I am suggesting is not used on weekends.

In my opinion, Hurdman Station stop 2C would be a good location to do the pick-up. There isn't as much people at Hurdman during the weekend compared to weekday rush hour. Also, the service stop that I am suggesting is not used on weekends.

The night stop? Oh never mind, the express stop. That's if Mike is allowed to charter the bus along the transitway.

But, since we're tax payers, and we're paying for this (per person, with fixed amount, all fake/nicely made coupons for cheaper price by the holder of the customer are invalid (ROFL)) we should be allowed to drive around the transitway. :P

In all honesty why is this repeating with this Brenennan or what ever his name is? Yeah I had issue with the guy to, but I put that behind me and went on.

In all do respect seriously dought he'll show up up for this charter. Simplely put there are few here that know what he loks like and i highly dought that he'll want a confretation in which he may get arrested fior his actions.

In all honesty why is this repeating with this Brenennan or what ever his name is? Yeah I had issue with the guy to, but I put that behind me and went on.

In all do respect seriously dought he'll show up up for this charter. Simplely put there are few here that know what he loks like and i highly dought that he'll want a confretation in which he may get arrested fior his actions.

Ok, I'll have to agree.

We'll put this guy behind us, and just prolong this subjective.

I heard that 8769 now has a fiberglass floor, really doesn't suit the "Historical" aspect of this charter but whatever. Sure will be interesting to see. Also apparently they really cleaned up this bus just for this charter, even though I haven't officially booked it yet LOL

I have yet to see for my self but that's just a bit extreme.

So this is defiantly going to happen as OC has done so much work on the bus that I think it's fair that their hard work is put to work for what they did the work for.

I'm going to call the guy tomorrow to book it because I want to get it booked ASAP and on Monday and Tuesday I was busy with work, appointments and so on.

As for these modifications OC Transpo appears to be doing, as long as they don't replace the pink bench seats, I will be happy as if they were to replace the seats, I bet they would be those bucket seats that can be found on our New Flyer low floors. And quite frankly, I'm sick of those seats.

I don't know but I think OC Transpo is looking for any opportunity for positive promotion considering they've been bashed over the winter by the media continuously. I don't think any other system has done this much work on a charter bus have they?

Oh also I would like to add on that I did not request they replace the entire floor. I was fine with the old floor but whatever. It was mainly the exterior that counts.

I heard that 8769 now has a fiberglass floor, really doesn't suit the "Historical" aspect of this charter but whatever. Sure will be interesting to see. Also apparently they really cleaned up this bus just for this charter, even though I haven't officially booked it yet LOL

I have yet to see for my self but that's just a bit extreme.

So this is defiantly going to happen as OC has done so much work on the bus that I think it's fair that their hard work is put to work for what they did the work for.

I'm going to call the guy tomorrow to book it because I want to get it booked ASAP and on Monday and Tuesday I was busy with work, appointments and so on.

As for these modifications OC Transpo appears to be doing, as long as they don't replace the pink bench seats, I will be happy as if they were to replace the seats, I bet they would be those bucket seats that can be found on our New Flyer low floors. And quite frankly, I'm sick of those seats.

I don't know but I think OC Transpo is looking for any opportunity for positive promotion considering they've been bashed over the winter by the media continuously. I don't think any other system has done this much work on a charter bus have they?

Oh also I would like to add on that I did not request they replace the entire floor. I was fine with the old floor but whatever. It was mainly the exterior that counts.

Let's not forget the rust on the exterior of this bus too. (Look hard enough, not to hard, but hard enough to see the rust boiling under the paint job)

Also, it has one big noticeable crack in the rear.

Point55. :)

Let's not forget the rust on the exterior of this bus too. (Look hard enough, not to hard, but hard enough to see the rust boiling under the paint job)

Also, it has one big noticeable crack in the rear.

Point55. :)

Yes thank you for reminding me, I would of preferred if they spent the money on fixing that as that is the part we're all going to photograph the most.

Personally I dislike the floor modification OC Transpo might of done. I am going to check it out for my self tomorrow after I book the charter because this is just too unreal for me to grasp.

But if they did do this, I'd rather they spend that money on exterior work, not interior work. I was told that they wouldn't remove the rust yet I did not request this.

I'm kind of angry right now as I did not request this.