Calgary Transit

kevlo86

3 minutes ago, JS9749 said:

… may I know where you can see those special trip schedules?  Transit App shows last train’s at like 2424 from South and 2524 from North

They may not have been loaded into the Transit app yet; but when they are, you'll have to scroll all the way down to March 18 and beyond.

As for me, I went to the Calgary Transit website and requested to see the schedule for Red Line (Route 201) on March 18 or later.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JS9749 said:

Alright thanks

But may I know where you can see those special trip schedules?  Transit App shows last train’s at like 2424 from South and 2524 from North

You have to go to the CT website and select the red line on any after the 18th and look for trains that have dashes on stations past Victoria park, I don’t think the  spring schedule update has been posted on the transit app.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, downbeat said:

They may not have been loaded into the Transit app yet; but when they are, you'll have to scroll all the way down to March 18 and beyond.

As for me, I went to the Calgary Transit website and requested to see the schedule for Red Line (Route 201) on March 18 or later.

22 minutes ago, PolarYYC said:

You have to go to the CT website and select the red line on any after the 18th and look for trains that have dashes on stations past Victoria park, I don’t think the  spring schedule update has been posted on the transit app.

Oh I thought it’s a current timetable

Thanks y’all

• Like 2

Thanks for that! And I now also notice on weekdays, there will be three more departures from Tuscany before the current start time, leaving at 3:44, 4:13 and 4:18 a.m. (First two trips are currently at 4:30 and 5 a.m.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downbeat said:

Thanks for that! And I now also notice on weekdays, there will be three more departures from Tuscany before the current start time, leaving at 3:44, 4:13 and 4:18 a.m. (First two trips are currently at 4:30 and 5 a.m.)

Are they gonna do regular mid-night transit if they kept extending the times?  Even if it’s 30 min per train it’s still good 😃

Just thinking

I don't think that's a good idea … the downtime window on the LRT is already so very short for daily/routine/emergency maintenance.

A skeletal night bus network might a better way to start, assuming planners can figure out where something like that could be useful.

--

On a completely different matter: the redesigned Calgary Transit website is much improved in at least one way. When looking up schedules, they got rid of the dropdown menus when choosing bus routes and replaces it with a search box instead, meaning you don't have to scroll through the entire bus network to see LRT and BRT schedules. Especially helpful on mobile!

3 minutes ago, downbeat said:

I don't think that's a good idea … the downtime window on the LRT is already so very short for daily/routine/emergency maintenance.

A skeletal night bus network might a better way to start, assuming planners can figure out where something like that could be useful.

True, we should implement overnight buses

Should start somewhere like Centre St?  N3 Anderson - North Pointe maybe

I don’t think it’s beneficial for wayfinding to have a bunch of different night routes when, for the most part. Our mainliner PTN routes do a decent job of coverage, sans the missing link on the train lines. Including overnight LRT shuttles if we had something similar to the Christmas services from 2022 and prior with routes like the 1, 3, 8, 14, 23, 100, 300, circle routes, and MAX running, and maybe some extra service in the far suburbs to ensure everywhere is ~20 mins walking distance at max it should be fine.

ie: for the NW I would also run the 115 or 129 overnight just to ensure people in Symons Valley don’t get stranded (speaking from experience…) perhaps routes like the 153, 93, and 128/145 would be also beneficial to run.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure there is a reason for it but the 301 going to 10 minutes between 3:30-4 and then sending a single bus for that first 10 minute interval seems baffling. Don't think it was a weather thing either when it happened and people were left behind by the 5th and 1st stop so some people were potentially waiting 20+ minutes for a bus.

8 minutes ago, downbeat said:

Something from the news:

CTrains now moving slower at troubled Memorial/Deerfoot level crossing
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ctrain-slower-memorial-deerfoot-crossing-1.7132025

Truly a great lesson in how NOT to design an at-grade train crossing. It's baffling that at some point in time, someone determined that the current design was a good (and safe) idea.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, PartiallySD said:

I don’t think it’s beneficial for wayfinding to have a bunch of different night routes when, for the most part. Our mainliner PTN routes do a decent job of coverage, sans the missing link on the train lines. Including overnight LRT shuttles if we had something similar to the Christmas services from 2022 and prior with routes like the 1, 3, 8, 14, 23, 100, 300, circle routes, and MAX running, and maybe some extra service in the far suburbs to ensure everywhere is ~20 mins walking distance at max it should be fine.

ie: for the NW I would also run the 115 or 129 overnight just to ensure people in Symons Valley don’t get stranded (speaking from experience…) perhaps routes like the 153, 93, and 128/145 would be also beneficial to run.

I see, and honestly they have to improve daytime transit network first

Just wondering, is CT planning on getting any new artics in next couple years? I think our current fleet looks fine for the oldest buses being 17, and the newest of them being nearly 10, but it’d be nice to see like a new XD60 or XDE60 or XN60 and so on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, agott said:

Just wondering, is CT planning on getting any new artics in next couple years? I think our current fleet looks fine for the oldest buses being 17, and the newest of them being nearly 10, but it’d be nice to see like a new XD60 or XDE60 or XN60 and so on.

Or maybe Nova LFS Artic 😋

30 minutes ago, agott said:

This was talked about on this thread a few months ago

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JS9749 said:

Someone told me that trains aren’t arriving at Brentwood

Fake news, there are just delays on the red line due to single tracking at stampede and bypassing at O’Neil interlocking

9 minutes ago, vicinity said:

Fake news, there are just delays on the red line due to single tracking at stampede and bypassing at O’Neil interlocking

Ok thanks for correcting me

Just noticed an additional minor service improvement for Route 33 on weekdays when the new schedules kick in next week. The route will run its full length for approx. one more hour around dinner time before it's cut back to Vista Heights Terminal.

Related: Routes 27 and 33 don't start interlining until around 8 pm

• Like 1