STO and OC Transpo Routes

Cre47

28 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

I wish the 111 Carleton/Billing Bridge would start 30 mins earlier during week days.

5:20am Is a pretty good start for a route that doesn't serve any LRT stops 

8 hours ago, Dexter249 said:

Doubt that'll happen, they're expanding the 75 to Cambrian for all runs.

Also "Rapid" Routes are ceasing to exist lol.

That's news to me regarding the 75, so all trips at 15 minute service will run to cambrian? 

Rapid = frequent, tomato/tomato lol, it was ridiculous to separate them in the first place 

@bsnider001 I agree here, 61 and 62 should be their own frequent runs post stage 2 with no copying/overlapping. 

88/68 will be nice both from drivers and passenger standpoint. It'll help a lot. Ad for the 11... what a disaster of a route. I don't know how it got approved to deviate to Lincoln, then tunneys, now Bayview..

11 minutes ago, ZümmyZüm said:

5:20am Is a pretty good start for a route that doesn't serve any LRT stops 

That's news to me regarding the 75, so all trips at 15 minute service will run to cambrian? 

Rapid = frequent, tomato/tomato lol, it was ridiculous to separate them in the first place 

@bsnider001 I agree here, 61 and 62 should be their own frequent runs post stage 2 with no copying/overlapping. 

88/68 will be nice both from drivers and passenger standpoint. It'll help a lot. Ad for the 11... what a disaster of a route. I don't know how it got approved to deviate to Lincoln, then tunneys, now Bayview..

The decision to have Route 11 going through Tunney's Pasture was to provide better connection with LRT Line 1 when it opened on in September 2019 (in exchange, they removed service going through Westboro Station via McRae, Scott, Churchill).

As to why Route 11 goes to Lincoln Fields Station, the original plan was to remove all service west of Lincoln Fields Mall (between Lincoln Fields Mall and Bayshore Station). Therefore, it was re-routed to Lincoln Fields Station after servicing Lincoln Fields Mall. However after the service to/from Bayshore was removed, there were a lot of complaints from people wanting Route 11 to return to Bayshore. So they decided to extend some trips to Bayshore, but must do  all those "maneuver" by serving Lincoln Fields Mall twice and, Lincoln Fields Station (unlike the old routing where after servicing Lincoln Fields Mall, it returns to Richmond Road to go to Bayshore). 

Regarding the upcoming rerouting to Bayview Station, it is to provide better connection to Line 2 Trillium Line at Bayview Station (when it opens).

Having said that, I'm not a fan of the routing of Route 11 going through Lincoln Fields Station before continuing to/from Bayshore, as well as the upcoming change going to Bayview Station. I'm also not a fan of Route 11's detour routing (for Stage 2 LRT Construction) going through Ambleside and McEwan being the permanent routing. 

I think once stage 2 of the LRT is open and line 3 serves both Lincoln Fields and Bayshore, they would hopefully reconsider some changes to the 11… as I said, I don’t feel there’s a need for the 11, 57, and 85 serving the two major roads between Bayshore and Lincoln Fields.

I honestly prefer just the 2 routes. The only reason why I advocated in the past for Route 11 to remain, was at least before the cut in 2018, it was the only bus that would provide early morning service along Richmond which would help me get to the corner of Richmond and Holly acres to walk the rest of the way to the nearby Queensway Carleton hospital on the weekend, when the geniuses at the planning department thought no one needs to go to Bells Corners before 7:00 AM on weekends... then when they brought back the 11 to Bayshore after 2019, it's just terrible and pointless. No early morning service between Lincoln and Bayshore, 30-60 minute frequencies when it used to be 15-30 mins, no evening service on weekends, not late evening service on weekdays, like the 11 is just useless now on that corridor.

On that note, I wonder when OC will ever expand 57 Bells Corners service on Sunday? I forgot what year they added these two trips, but it was only within the last 5 years did they add two extra trips on Sunday with service ending at 6:00 p.m. instead of 5:00 PM on Sundays, but really, the whole reason Sunday service ended early was because of a September 2004 cut to Route 166 that was not undone in September 2005. Perhaps they should study the corridor again sometime and see if the locals need more service past 6:00 p.m. because I'm sure there *is* a demand for but service, it's just OC is not meeting that demand as currently after 6:00 p.m. on Sunday you would have to walk hundreds of meters to Robertson Road to take the 88 if you live along Old Richmond, Seyton, Westcliffe, etc, which all together may lead the person to just not go out at all on Sunday to do their groceries or shopping or whatever

4 hours ago, JCL said:

I'm also not a fan of Route 11's detour routing (for Stage 2 LRT Construction) going through Ambleside and McEwan being the permanent routing. 

I think this is a great change when you remember that at one point, the 156 (which yes I know, it basically is the 153/11X branch) used to provide that service at all times to Ambleside and McEwen and technically there are so many apartments along Ambleside and McEwen that it makes more financial sense for OC to run it there instead of along Richmond serving two apartments versus like the 8+ giant apartments on McEwen and Ambleside. I just wish they would just get rid of the 153 and instead, have the 11 end at Lincoln Fields, and have some trips extend from Lincoln Fields to Carlingwood Mall to replicate the canceled service on the 153

On 4/19/2024 at 6:40 PM, MCIBUS said:

I wish the 111 Carleton/Billing Bridge would start 30 mins earlier during week days.

And that route should start at Billings, go to Carleton, thence continue west, and vice versa. The status quo Carleton>Billings>points west and vice versa makes absolutely no sense.

On 4/25/2024 at 6:39 PM, Mark Walton said:

And that route should start at Billings, go to Carleton, thence continue west, and vice versa. The status quo Carleton>Billings>points west and vice versa makes absolutely no sense.

I don't think residents along the route who shop or transfer at Billings would like that.