St. Albert Sightings

A. Wong

Just spotted a brand new D60LFR on 109 Street facing southbound, waiting to go on a run downtown. Fleet number is 825. Headlights had a bluish tinge, so either LED or HID, and face is the same style as the ETS. D60LFRs. If I recall, there should be another one of these coming soon if it isn't already here.

Just spotted a brand new D60LFR on 109 Street facing southbound, waiting to go on a run downtown. Fleet number is 825. Headlights had a bluish tinge, so either LED or HID, and face is the same style as the ETS. D60LFRs. If I recall, there should be another one of these coming soon if it isn't already here.

Didn't notice what the rooftop HVAC looked like. By the time it registered in my mind what I saw, I was long past the bus. I will definitely keep my eye out for it, and it's likely I'll ride it soon.

Didn't notice what the rooftop HVAC looked like. By the time it registered in my mind what I saw, I was long past the bus. I will definitely keep my eye out for it, and it's likely I'll ride it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on 826 right now, and here are some observations:

- stanchions are the same as in other St Albert artics

- overhead lights/ad holders like in the new ETS D60LFR4n fluouresent lights not LED

- handles on seat backs appear to be stainless steel and not galvanized like the older D60LFRs

- blue stickers with white text along the pull cord length stating "PULL CORD TO SIGNAL DRIVER TO STOP"

- rear doors have stickers stating "EXIT DOOR WAIT FOR LIGHT, THEN TOUCH TAPE TO OPEN"

- interior doorway lighting, and stepwell for back of bus are LED like other newer StAT buses

- overhead by the artic joint have yellow warning stickers "CAUTION PLEASE HOLD ON WHILE THE BUS IS IN MOTION. ALWAYS BE PREPARED FOR SUDDEN STOPS"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on 826 right now, and here are some observations:

- stanchions are the same as in other St Albert artics

- overhead lights/ad holders like in the new ETS D60LFR4n fluouresent lights not LED

- handles on seat backs appear to be stainless steel and not galvanized like the older D60LFRs

- blue stickers with white text along the pull cord length stating "PULL CORD TO SIGNAL DRIVER TO STOP"

- rear doors have stickers stating "EXIT DOOR WAIT FOR LIGHT, THEN TOUCH TAPE TO OPEN"

- interior doorway lighting, and stepwell for back of bus are LED like other newer StAT buses

- overhead by the artic joint have yellow warning stickers "CAUTION PLEASE HOLD ON WHILE THE BUS IS IN MOTION. ALWAYS BE PREPARED FOR SUDDEN STOPS"

Some of the stickers are now the new standard.

Interesting, St. Albert is still sticking the low cost of fluorescence light!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice Find! I wonder what's the fleet number is for the D40LF. Also the bus looks like parked at A-1 Auto Salvage. I may be wrong though.

I am not from the area so you might be right :). It looks like its in someone's overgrown and abandoned backyard with a plan to convert it to something, but perhaps gave up haha,

Wow... that was a random guess. I wonder how big is that yard. There is so much stuff there that you cant even see there.

So true.. This is probably just the start of a "mass" sale that they have going on :P. I'm curious to see what the condition is for both of them.