YRT/VIVA CCTV/GPS Systems

Does anyone know if the D40LF® and EZ Rider orders will come pre-equipped with cameras and/or GPS?

No. A separate company is installing the cameras and GPS right in the bus yards .. I believe the company is from Alberta.

When you guys mention GPS, do you mean the LED next stop display?

You know the device on VIVA buses that's on the dashboard where you ask for signal priority, etc? Yeah, that one. Can anyone provide a picture of it? Thanks.

I would also want to see one on a YRT bus so I'll know what to look for.

You know the device on VIVA buses that's on the dashboard where you ask for signal priority, etc? Yeah, that one. Can anyone provide a picture of it? Thanks.

the gps is right beside the farebox, its the same one that are on the viva buses, and the LED dsiplay is located right at the emergency roof hatch

I won't be able to get a pic till the weekend. But it's the exact same on as on Viva. It's directly next to the farebox facing the driver on the YRT buses. Only Can-Ar units have them right now as they will be the first to roll out the GPS system.

is the automated announcement going to use the same lady voice as the viva buses or the one from ttc or sumthn else?

as much as it is advanced, the viva lady voice does get a bit annoying when it pronounces street names wrong...XD

is the automated announcement going to use the same lady voice as the viva buses or the one from ttc or sumthn else?

as much as it is advanced, the viva lady voice does get a bit annoying when it pronounces street names wrong...XD

Nextop: va-LEE-me-drive! :rolleyes:

They really need something better than Crystal.

They are also on all the VIVAs just recently. I keep forgetting what it says, something about this _______ is protected by closed circuit television or something like that..

Conveyance. So Calvin, which conveyance did you ride today? :huh:

Are we now conveyance enthusiasts? :unsure:

They are also on all the VIVAs just recently. I keep forgetting what it says, something about this _______ is protected by closed circuit television or something like that..

This is what it says:

"This convayance is protected by video image recording. Any recorded peronsonal information is collected pursuant to section ???? of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

For further information contact York Region Transit at 905 ??? ???? x5841 or toll free 1 866 758 0749 x5841"

I can't read what the section number or YRT phone number is.

This is what it says:

"This convayance is protected by video image recording. Any recorded peronsonal information is collected pursuant to section ???? of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

For further information contact York Region Transit at 905 ??? ???? x5841 or toll free 1 866 758 0749 x5841"

I can't read what the section number or YRT phone number is.

"This convayance is protected by video image recording. Any recorded personal information is collected pursuant to section 28(2) of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

For further information contact York Region Transit at 905 762 2100 x5841 or toll free 1 866 758 0749 x5841"

unknown route....lolz prob from the d40lfs that havent been activated yet...

Not sure.. but my understanding is Can-Ar dispatch will be trained by end of this year (2007) and Miller dispatch early next year (Jan, Feb, March). I would then assume next year sometime??? Perhaps someone has a more exact date of release?

• 2 weeks later...