Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

Oh ok thanks,

and Also, I think they have changed the signage on the school specials. Isaw S7305 Yesterday sporting a "SCHOOL SPECIAL" sign as supposed to a "SPECIAL" sign.

'School Special' signage has been around for ages; the reason it's not that prominent is because the T-Mac is only ever programmed to display 'Special'. If an operator chooses to, they can manually change it to display 'School Special' (most don't).

Some notes from Surrey:

-We may see an increase in service frequencies for both the 320 and 321 in the near future (Sept)

-Evident by the timetables on the Translink website, the 96 will see a ~30% reduction in service by April; I imagine this might provide some ammunition for opponents.of the LRT vision

- Conventional buses will start running on the 337 during mid-day hours on the weekends. Not sure when this is planned.

- 503 still expected to be implemented by April. Pick-up only EB and drop-off only WB. I overheard 7-8 min frequencies for the 502 all day back in Nov, now I’m hearing there will be no increase in frequencies.

Besides, most STC Orion V's are out running on their 2 routes.

What routes do the Surrey Orion V work on?

Some notes from Surrey:

-Evident by the timetables on the Translink website, the 96 will see a ~30% reduction in service by April; I imagine this might provide some ammunition for opponents.of the LRT vision

- Conventional buses will start running on the 337 during mid-day hours on the weekends. Not sure when this is planned.

- 503 still expected to be implemented by April. Pick-up only EB and drop-off only WB. I overheard 7-8 min frequencies for the 502 all day back in Nov, now I’m hearing there will be no increase in frequencies.

What do mean by ammunition for opponents of the LRT vision?

So no community shuttles on the 337 now?

I heard that frequency on the 502 will 7-8 minutes. What type of buses will work on the 503?

Oh, so the 96 and 319 are the only routes here in Surrey with 7-8 minute frequency's all day. Whats the frequency of the 502 then? 10 minutes, 12 minutes?

15 minutes.

There is actually very few routes with better frequency right now. What I have are:

7-8min: 2/22 (combo), 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 (part), 20 (part), 41, 96, 99, 130 (part), 135, 145, 319

10min: 16, 25, 49 (part), 97, 106, 239, 25x (combo), C23

12min: 9 (rest), 14, 19, 22 (rest), 84, 100, 410

What routes do the Surrey Orion V work on?

What do mean by ammunition for opponents of the LRT vision?

So no community shuttles on the 337 now?

I heard that frequency on the 502 will 7-8 minutes. What type of buses will work on the 503?

In short, the City of Surrey is actively trying to push forth with an LRT system down 104th, Fraser Highway and King George Blvd. Many opponents suggest Skytrain is the way to go as it will better attract riders (among many other reasons). The belief is that the LRT system would be a tough sell and may end up being a marginal upgrade like the BLine, which is now seeing a reduction in service due to low ridership.

Guessing the shuttles would run on weekend evenings?

Current 502 service:

502: 7-8 min peak; 15 min mid-day,(WB starting 8:32 am until 3:30pm, EB 8:15am until 3:00pm) evening and weekends. Doesn't appear as if this will change.

Surrey Orion V's work on the 394 and 301.