New VIVA buses

raidercom

The Highway 7 west service will never be sucessful as long as it has to jog through York University. I will only ever take it on Sundays if I miss 77 and need to get to work urgently (or don't have any tickets on me, long live freeva). The transfer (or even just the detour time during peak hours) will easily add 15-20 minutes to your travel time.

What I propose:

Cut frequency in half on both Viva Purple and Viva Orange

Cancel Viva Purple Peak Service

Launch new service, Viva (insert unused colour here), bypassing York University, from (hopefully one day) Cornell to Martin Grove.... using the buses cut from Purple and Orange. Cost Recovery would go up, i guarentee it.

No offense, but do you realize how many students use VIVA to get to York University? A LOT more people than use VIVA purple or Orange to martin Grove...

During (3-5), the buses are normally packed to the roof with no room for 1 more person leaving York.

No offense, but do you realize how many students use VIVA to get to York University? A LOT more people than use VIVA purple or Orange to martin Grove...

During (3-5), the buses are normally packed to the roof with no room for 1 more person leaving York.

totally agree w/ this!!! Im one of the victims

Some ppl suggested for 60-feet viva but unfortunately they are only used on Yonge -_-lll

they really need to improve off-peak services b/t York U and Richmond Hill Centre

The Highway 7 west service will never be sucessful as long as it has to jog through York University. I will only ever take it on Sundays if I miss 77 and need to get to work urgently (or don't have any tickets on me, long live freeva). The transfer (or even just the detour time during peak hours) will easily add 15-20 minutes to your travel time.

What I propose:

Cut frequency in half on both Viva Purple and Viva Orange

Cancel Viva Purple Peak Service

Launch new service, Viva (insert unused colour here), bypassing York University, from (hopefully one day) Cornell to Martin Grove.... using the buses cut from Purple and Orange. Cost Recovery would go up, i guarentee it.

Make a new Viva line and have it run from Promenade Trml to Martin Grove running only along Hwy 7.

YRT's already doing that... sorta.

When the subway opens to Vaughan Corporate Centre, VIVA Orange will terminate at VCC Station, while VIVA Purple will stay on Highway 7 between Keele and Jane, serve VCC, then terminate at 407 Transitway.

Perhaps VIVA Orange should be replaced with Brampton's Acceleride, as half of the Acceleride program has already quietly faded into obscurity.

When the subway opens to Vaughan Corporate Centre, VIVA Orange will terminate at VCC Station, while VIVA Purple will stay on Highway 7 between Keele and Jane, serve VCC, then terminate at 407 Transitway.

Maybe VIVA Orange should be eliminated, and full Purple service extended to Martin Grove (connect with VCC Stn only, or jog down to 407 Transitway Stn). This would be more useful, and save more buses.

Perhaps VIVA Orange should be replaced with Brampton's Acceleride, as half of the Acceleride program has already quietly faded into obscurity.

VIVA orange is being extended to Hwy 50 because BT AcceleRide will only go to Hwy 50. This will create a direct transfer from York to BT land.

I dont think they wanted to interline and it wouldnt matter if BT dont get Van Hools as long as the have buses with BRT specs

They can paint have their LFS operate the BRT like what GRT is doing with their iXpress. The LFS resembles a A330 anyways. If BT painted a LFS in a special BRT scheme, the majority of the public will not know it's a regular bus. Perhaps, upgrade the seats on it too and add auto announcements.

They can paint have their LFS operate the BRT like what GRT is doing with their iXpress. The LFS resembles a A330 anyways. If BT painted a LFS in a special BRT scheme, the majority of the public will not know it's a regular bus. Perhaps, upgrade the seats on it too and add auto announcements.

do they want to operate the system as a POP like Viva or just collect fares on buses?

yes, that's my guess for what'll happen. but I also think the terminal on HWY50 will have a schedule so that both YRT and BT busses show up and leave at the same time. EG 12:25 they both are scheduled to show and 12:30 they are both susposed to leave, that way you can transfer easily

yes, that's my guess for what'll happen. but I also think the terminal on HWY50 will have a schedule so that both YRT and BT busses show up and leave at the same time. EG 12:25 they both are scheduled to show and 12:30 they are both susposed to leave, that way you can transfer easily

I can see the complains now as the people miss their bus when they go to transfer and one is early or late.

The whole point of the GTTA is to make transit more integrated and convenient for passengers. If you'll have to transfer between Acceleride and VIVA Orange to get to the subway, then, IMO, the GTTA is in dereliction of its duty.

The whole point of the GTTA is to make transit more integrated and convenient for passengers. If you'll have to transfer between Acceleride and VIVA Orange to get to the subway, then, IMO, the GTTA is in dereliction of its duty.

they need to interline it like the 77

the questions is, how will passengers react to a third zone? and the issue of transfers. and so far the GTTA has done zilch about intergrating transit...my bet is that intergration will happen 10 years or so

I agree that AcceleRide and VIVA Orange should be interlined like the 77. To do this, BT will have to use the same technology as VIVA, and in turn, MT would also need to use the same technology for future BRT integration. That's where the GTTA steps in, which it hasnt yet. Im not sure what's going on with the GTTA, because its been around for almost a year now, and the only thing we've heard outta them is announcements for the positions within the organization. It doesnt make sense. I hope the GTTA is working with the Libs to plan this Move Ontario 2020 thing properly. If not, we are in for another form of patch work IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
woot woot!! YRT express orion v!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;):P

Ditto!!! :P

Now GO, can you please sell us your 20xx Vs, so we can operate the Vs on LOCAL routes?

BTW according to TTC_7084, 5204 (the bus with the ledge that's about to break any day now) broke down?

Now GO, can you please sell us your 20xx Vs, so we can operate the Vs on LOCAL routes?

BTW according to TTC_7084, 5204 (the bus with the ledge that's about to break any day now) broke down?

it never reappeared at Finch although it said Bernard

Since GO has budgeted their Vs to last 12 years, I hope they sell them to YRT instead of retiring those perfectly good buses. V Subs operating alongside V Exps, man! Probably the only thing keeping me in GTA.