Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

SMS

Last Sunday, I saw a bunch of LFS artic in assembly outside. Not too sure if it's STM or RTC as the 1/3-2/3 front door is a giveaway. I know RTC have made offical to make non-accessible on their latest buses as they have fixed seats rather having a wheelchair folding seats, which although their front door will be the smaller size and I haven't seen one yet.

Last Sunday, I saw a bunch of LFS artic in assembly outside. Not too sure if it's STM or RTC as the 1/3-2/3 front door is a giveaway. I know RTC have made offical to make non-accessible on their latest buses as they have fixed seats rather having a wheelchair folding seats, which although their front door will be the smaller size and I haven't seen one yet.

Ummm, in that case they may not be for the RTC! I don't think the RTC would order that door setup, unless that is standard on all Novabus Artics.

Ok everyone, time to crap your pants! :(

Plenty of Artics on assembly line:

Novabus_LFS_Artic_assembly_plant_smaller.jpg

:P That's a lot of artics! Those things are sure flying off the production line!

I see at least 14 Artics (maybe another hiding behind the trees) and 1 3rd gen.

Ok everyone, time to crap your pants! :(

Plenty of Artics on assembly line:

Novabus_LFS_Artic_assembly_plant_smaller.jpg

The 3rd gen. LFS for STM!

STM_3rd_gen._at_Novabus_smaller.jpg

And, the exclusive pic of 29-085! Love the rear seating arragement!

STM_29_085_at_Novabus_smaller.jpg

Very nice pictures Sherman. I like the last one the best of course. I am disappointed we did not opt for the HID lights, those look nicer on the 3rd gens!

Looks as if you Montrealers are finally going to get a taste of air conditioning!

Like the General said, they don't. All of thier Nova's have rooftop units, just for heating though.

Those artics, aren't they destined for the RTC? I heard they were going to get them in late May and the STM's during the summer (late June?).

Funny you ask, cause RTC aren't made official to have wheelchair accessible at all for their buses.

Passed by the Nova plant this morning...

- 4 new all white 3rd gen STM LFS's parked off to the side (same as in Sherman's pictures). Only number that was visible was 29-085.

- There are now a ton of new all white Nova artics parked at the back of the plant. I'd say way over 20 of them!

- There are also about 30+ new 40ft diesel 3rd gens for BC transit parked at the back as well.

I was told by a driver the other day that we're apparently not getting any artics until 2011.

So far, I've been told this year, 2010, and 2011. So, screw it lol.

You'll get 'em when you get 'em. :) It's allright, we've been waiting since 1986. :D