TTC Orion VII Retirements

15 hours ago, Rami A. said:

I figured. Also I forgot to mention that 7852 is also most likely retired.   

7837, 7775 confirmed retired. I can also confirm that we at Birchmount now do the stripping of Orion VII OG slowboxes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, 7575 said:

I am not sure if this has been posted already, but I have received confirmation that 7852 is indeed retired. It's MTO was up this month. Another one bites the dust...

7837's tracker has it at Hillcrest.

Yup, that's my reasoning to saying 7852 was most likely retired, I knew it's MTO was due. 

Does 1810 have a new engine since the engine sounded horrible. And 7722's tracker isn't showing up on Transsee

Just now, SertenTryptic said:

Does 1810 have a new engine since the engine sounded horrible. And 7722's tracker isn't showing up on Transsee

Found out it was retired. So long 7722 after riding you.

12 minutes ago, SertenTryptic said:

It was retired months ago, I believe in April

11 hours ago, SertenTryptic said:

They won't replace the engine of a bus that will retire in like 2-5 months. 

On 10/15/2018 at 8:16 PM, 7575 said:

Not meaning to correct you but for further references it's Langille's Scrap and Cores in Port Perry

Wow, Port Perry?

Surely there's a scrapyard in the GTA that could dismantle a bus, instead of having to heavy tow it to Port Perry.

16 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Ah, makes sense I guess... Still wonder why a local yard wouldnt have wanted the business.

Maybe they bid, but didn’t win.

they’re usually sealed...nobody knows their competitor’s price, so they can’t undercut after the first submission. Langille’s is a pretty big outfit. Economy of scale often works in their favour.

There are 2 OG's at the very back of Birchmount Garage that are stripped. Anyone know which ones they are? (I think one of them is 7712)

Also, 7779 has disappeared from Birchmount Garage so it could have gone for scrap.

10 hours ago, Rami A. said:

There are 2 OG's at the very back of Birchmount Garage that are stripped. Anyone know which ones they are? (I think one of them is 7712)

Also, 7779 has disappeared from Birchmount Garage so it could have gone for scrap.

for the past several weekday morning, I saw a retired bus being towed to scrap yard.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

#7713, #7715, #7717, #7724, #7745, #7749, #7844, #7860, #7882 are all tracking in the retired bus area of birchmount garage and have not been in service for a while

7810, 7826, 7791, 7777  as well

EDIT: 7777 is on 12, still active.

• Like 1