Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

I think we should just abolish “Tcomm is down” sightings unless it lasts longer than a day.

There will be the occasional downtime or fallback for maintenance; users just have to deal with it.

EDIT: In other words, these "issues" are usually on TransLink's and the GTFS's end

• Thanks 1

Hey, does anyone know what happened that has caused PCTC to pull all of their RapidBuses and use the 8100s today on the R3?  BTC doesn't have very many out either - only 3 22000s on the R2 and none on the R5.

I know the R5 has some short buses due to SFU weather conditions, but there are some artics out - but no RapidBuses.

Yes, I know a bus is a bus, particularly an artic is an artic, but I'm just curious, hehehe.

15 minutes ago, TransitCurling said:

Hey, does anyone know what happened that has caused PCTC to pull all of their RapidBuses and use the 8100s today on the R3?  BTC doesn't have very many out either - only 3 22000s on the R2 and none on the R5.

I know the R5 has some short buses due to SFU weather conditions, but there are some artics out - but no RapidBuses.

Yes, I know a bus is a bus, particularly an artic is an artic, but I'm just curious, hehehe.

Maintenance

2 hours ago, Transit Guy said:

Maintenance

Uh, no kidding.  Don't you think it is odd that ALL of the buses have been pulled at the same time for maintenance?  That's what I was asking about, I know that buses are rotated through for maintenance reasons and such.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just thought I'd mention this, as many of you probably don't know about it. It's not a "sighting" persay, but it is something I have noticed on the 408 Brighouse Station 2:53pm block on every weekday while using Tcomm.

On the 2:53pm weekday block, there is always, and I mean always a Suburban bus on the 408 towards Brighouse. It as for a single block. Generally speaking it is a Nova Suburban however you also have a chance at an Orion.

I just thought I'd mention this since suburban buses on the 408 are considered "special sightings", although is is a daily practice on the 408 Monday-Friday. Nonetheless, still a cool sight seeing a suburban on an urban route.

3 hours ago, TrainWatcher2128 said:

Just thought I'd mention this, as many of you probably don't know about it. It's not a "sighting" persay, but it is something I have noticed on the 408 Brighouse Station 2:53pm block on every weekday while using Tcomm.

On the 2:53pm weekday block, there is always, and I mean always a Suburban bus on the 408 towards Brighouse. It as for a single block. Generally speaking it is a Nova Suburban however you also have a chance at an Orion.

I just thought I'd mention this since suburban buses on the 408 are considered "special sightings", although is is a daily practice on the 408 Monday-Friday. Nonetheless, still a cool sight seeing a suburban on an urban route.

https://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/block/2076122

It's a school special nailed onto the start of a suburban tripper block. It's not that unusual for RTC to do this, one I recall from 12+ years ago was a special routing of a 407 that started in front of Cambie Secondary School, and routed Cambie, 5 Road, Bridgeport before going regular route to Brighouse Station. Probably still exists but I don't really look too closely at school special blocks, especially since I'm not a teenager.

18 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

And only for like a short little trip. 24:34 to Scottsdale but first seen 24:50 last seen 01:13. 

The bus did one complete trip to Scottsdale.  Left 22nd late because it had to make its way to 22nd from its previous run.  The regular bus went BO.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...