Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

It seems like there are a lot of buses having GPS tracking issues lately.  For instance, I just got on 2501 on the 3 at Main/18th NB, but TComm and Nextbus show the unit on Cordova St EB.  And, this isn't the first time I have encountered a bus having an issue like this.  I can think of at least three times in the last month where a bus on my commute was either not tracking, or was showing in the wrong location.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

I don't see why this is so newsworthy? 40 Footers have operated on the 049 in the past on numerous occasions

I've seen nova and flyers (even some old 7100/7200 Flyers) doing 049 work. That's not really news to me. But when you see a double decker or orion doing the 049 then that's news.

• Haha 1

It’s a saturday in spring where artics aren’t stuck in the SNOW. It’s not like the R4 these past few weekday mornings which have seen these trippers pop up as of late.

also, it’s 2023 so the 71/7200 argument is also invalid (we have more than enough artics at our disposal especially on SATURDAY)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 5:52 PM, Michael Marriott said:

It seems like there are a lot of buses having GPS tracking issues lately.  For instance, I just got on 2501 on the 3 at Main/18th NB, but TComm and Nextbus show the unit on Cordova St EB.  And, this isn't the first time I have encountered a bus having an issue like this.  I can think of at least three times in the last month where a bus on my commute was either not tracking, or was showing in the wrong location.

I’ve been hearing from drivers recently (great source, I know) that there are some systemwide technical issues causing many of the buses to either not update their GPS locations during their runs or Next Bus just straight up can’t find the locations of certain buses but knows they’re out on the road somewhere. Sometimes you’ll see 15s sitting somewhere Downtown or the odd 2 sitting at -53 in VTC after the shift is done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

9540 is on the R4 - first weekend occurrence in a long while, super common during AM/ rush.

It’s Possible they want to have their artics in the yard until the evening for tonight’s fireworks show.

Edit: turns out this was correct. These were ready on the AM bookouts 🤨