Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

On 10/25/2022 at 11:47 AM, Untitled Transit said:

Looks like 19301 is back and has been for 3 days.

Too short of a gap tbh, we usually don't keep track unless it's a bus nearing retirement, a crash, or refurbishment.

===========

Noted uptick in articulated buses on route 100 as of a couple weeks ago.

3 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

Just a sighting, none of the D40LFs have been out the past couple days

If I'm not mistaken, the CVIPs are up this month so I thought this would be the end of them?

23 hours ago, Express691 said:

21023 is (should be?) the first artic on route 7 (minus fireworks shuttles)

Someone can challenge me if that Swiss demonstrator from the Expo was ever put in service on that route.

There were artic trolleys on it some years back for a few days.  Someone who wrote on this forum who used to be part of the bookout team (I think that's what he was) said it was an experiment but gave no further details other than that it didn't work and they were reverting back.

I specifically witnessed more than one during that period when heading to BCIT, so I guess that would have been around 2011 or 2012.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 96 Blader Line said:

Idk if this is good to post here but some 40fts are on some arctics routes due to snow being in the forecast today.

Yes, that would be correct. The plan is to replace all arctics with any available 40 footers. Since there are not enough 40 Footers to replace every 60 Footers on an initial bookout, depending on the storm you will most likely see garage bound 40 footers swapping out 60 Footers.