2013 tracking for 1993 D40LF #'s 7501-7550

D40LF

Yesterday afternoon, #'s 7512, 7513, 7534, 7536, & 7540 were all in the shops at SG. #'s 7512 and 7536 have been dead for a while and parked on the east wall. #7527 was probably back in service yesterday with her new engine or will soon be back in service.

7512 has a new engine rebuilt? I don't really see why it's dead.

7512 has a new engine rebuilt? I don't really see why it's dead.

Yeah, just because it's in the shop right now, it doesn't mean that the engine is dead, it could be another component like the transmission, radiator, or something else electrical. Even a sensor can sideline a bus at times.

#7540 has had her engine removed at SG. I suspect she is about to get a new rebuilt engine. I will keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Here's a crappy photo I just took of #7501 on the 79 at Fairmount Drive/Bonaventure Drive (Yes, Route 79. Why there is even a Spring Gardens bus running this route, that's what I am wondering)

There are a few of these keys still. PM rush hour 79, AM rush hour 28/83, PM rush hour 78 to name a few, the last several signups, there was a sg 80 and 56 as well, all from spring gardens to the south. It is certainly nothing new. In march 2012, there were over a dozen keys that came from spring to the south to run. Virtually all but 4 rush hour keys south of fishcreek were spring gardens.

Why they do this? Its the mystery of scheduling. Looking at the past signups, the in service time, the deadhead time plus a short piece (such as a loop on a 4 or a 5), equaled 7.5 hours.

There are a few of these keys still. PM rush hour 79, AM rush hour 28/83, PM rush hour 78 to name a few, the last several signups, there was a sg 80 and 56 as well, all from spring gardens to the south. It is certainly nothing new. In march 2012, there were over a dozen keys that came from spring to the south to run. Virtually all but 4 rush hour keys south of fishcreek were spring gardens.

Why they do this? Its the mystery of scheduling. Looking at the past signups, the in service time, the deadhead time plus a short piece (such as a loop on a 4 or a 5), equaled 7.5 hours.

Ah, that's interesting. I just found it weird since I never seen anything like this, not even at Somerset.

Anyways, I jumped off my 10 at Heritage Drive and walked to Heritage station, and managed to track down #7501 again. I took a quick ride in it, and got some (proper) photos at Heritage...

Gyc3ei6.jpg

XliXujv.jpg

EHxl1gn.jpg

2nSor5V.jpg