TTC Application Process

ericgu22

if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.

Very true. Junior division. Busy routes, narrow lanes, close leaning poles. Management seems to be somewhat stabilized the last little bit. I hear people complaining about the 45 but half the routes at MD are busier than 45. Good division to gain experience and seniority quickly.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone about my current standing in the recruitment process. I signed my conditional offer on the 4th of December. Received my Police Clearance on the 18th of January.

Submitted police clearance to my recruiter however, got no immediate reply like Rekognize said. Emailed my recruiter back to inform about my approval from MTO. That is when i was emailed back about getting a call for documentation between mid to end of Feb.

Luckily, I received a call toady for documentation on Feb 11. So it looks like they are moving pretty quick. YAYY :)

Anyone that would like to ask me a question about my process, feel free to pm me :)

Cheers!

Very true. Junior division. Busy routes, narrow lanes, close leaning poles. Management seems to be somewhat stabilized the last little bit. I hear people complaining about the 45 but half the routes at MD are busier than 45. Good division to gain experience and seniority quickly.

Oddly enough I had a guy on my 45 the other day from mount Dennis he lives in etobicoke the whole trip he talked to me and was baffled how rammed my bus was said he never sees a quarter of what I was picking up in the afternoon. I asked why he wouldn't come to Queensway living in etobicoke he said he liked the routes at Mt Dennis better. said he mostly does the bay bus though. Although think he Said he had 20 something years but goes to show some people like it.

Got my call today for documentation on Feb 11th.

Those that are following, I signed my conditional Dec.5th.

Good luck eveyone hope to meet some of you there :-)

Thanks Rekognize, this will be very helpful for us east enders :-)

For those of you whom have done documentation, can you give me an idea

of how long it took you? I will assume this can vary because there will be a

group all getting measured one at a time......

So did the recruiter called the current employer? of just skip to documentation?

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone about my current standing in the recruitment process. I signed my conditional offer on the 4th of December. Received my Police Clearance on the 18th of January.

Submitted police clearance to my recruiter however, got no immediate reply like Rekognize said. Emailed my recruiter back to inform about my approval from MTO. That is when i was emailed back about getting a call for documentation between mid to end of Feb.

Luckily, I received a call toady for documentation on Feb 11. So it looks like they are moving pretty quick. YAYY :)

Anyone that would like to ask me a question about my process, feel free to pm me :)

Cheers!

did the recruiter called the current employer? of just skip to documentation?

Can someone give me an idea of what the hours for training look like please.

did you got a call / email that that recruiter would like to call your current employer?

Oddly enough I had a guy on my 45 the other day from mount Dennis he lives in etobicoke the whole trip he talked to me and was baffled how rammed my bus was said he never sees a quarter of what I was picking up in the afternoon. I asked why he wouldn't come to Queensway living in etobicoke he said he liked the routes at Mt Dennis better. said he mostly does the bay bus though. Although think he Said he had 20 something years but goes to show some people like it.

He's baffled because on Bay after 9am and everyone is at work its completely dead unlike 45 where it gets busier or seems like it anyways mainly because longer headways. MD has longer routes so you don't have to do a million trips a day but not as easy for those who like frequent washroom breaks and shorter headways so you know another bus is not far behind if you need help. Bay is one of the better routes at MD, everyone greets you and PAYS unlike others. MD has bigger paying crews as well partly due to more travel time and deadheading. Pros and cons to every division.

Funny, he lives in Etobicoke and is surprised to see the 45 is a worker? I've lived here all my life and that's always been the case, and everybody here knows that. We don't call it Crippling for nothing.

So did the recruiter called the current employer? of just skip to documentation?

did you got a call / email that that recruiter would like to call your current employer?

I am working a casual job(oncall basis) as of now so they did not call my current employer. Aside from my current employer, they did call my previous one, which i used as a reference contact.

Funny, he lives in Etobicoke and is surprised to see the 45 is a worker? I've lived here all my life and that's always been the case, and everybody here knows that. We don't call it Crippling for nothing.

Ya he only takes 46 he said but had somewhere to go on Kipling so he's never seen the stops full of strollers at 1pm lol..

Ya he only takes 46 he said but had somewhere to go on Kipling so he's never seen the stops full of strollers at 1pm lol..

1pm is the worst time! Strollers, walkers, wheel chairs. Low class passengers who expect you to wait for them but then bitch you out when your late....I actually prefer the 89 at least they give you time. 48 mins only to Albion compared 42 mins on the 45 to Steeles at peak.

1pm is the worst time! Strollers, walkers, wheel chairs. Low class passengers who expect you to wait for them but then bitch you out when your late....I actually prefer the 89 at least they give you time. 48 mins only to Albion compared 42 mins on the 45 to Steeles at peak.

Ya I know think it was complain to the driver day too. Every second stop... Why did this driver do this why'd that one do that.

Well as you can see I'm just driving the one bus ma'am and have no way of knowing what the two drivers ahead of me are thinking. But thanks for your complaint.

Ya I know think it was complain to the driver day too. Every second stop... Why did this driver do this why'd that one do that.

Well as you can see I'm just driving the one bus ma'am and have no way of knowing what the two drivers ahead of me are thinking. But thanks for your complaint.

That was probably me! I left about 10 people running from the 60 as I left the top but I was already -3. By the time I hit Finch I was full standing. Never mind the ramp that wouldn't deploy for the poor girl in wheelchair that finally did. Made it to the station only -8 plus a detour to enter station due to an accident. Booted it back to Eglinton to be on time and do it all over again. Makes me laugh when they talk about safety. How about running a somewhat manageable schedule!

That was probably me! I left about 10 people running from the 60 as I left the top but I was already -3. By the time I hit Finch I was full standing. Never mind the ramp that wouldn't deploy for the poor girl in wheelchair that finally did. Made it to the station only -8 plus a detour to enter station due to an accident. Booted it back to Eglinton to be on time and do it all over again. Makes me laugh when they talk about safety. How about running a somewhat manageable schedule!

Lol Tuesday afternoon? Everyone was mad that day.

And what you talking about the schedule is more than manageable. By turning at Annabelle and shuttling back to your time every trip lol.

Lol Tuesday afternoon? Everyone was mad that day.

And what you talking about the schedule is more than manageable. By turning at Annabelle and shuttling back to your time every trip lol.

No was today. After all the rush hour buses finish its theoretically possible to short turn every trip. What do they expect headways were once 8 mins and now 13. At least service increase next board back down to 11.

finally got the call for training starts feb 23rd. bus mount dennis. how is mount dennis , any suggestions please

Congrats moses

Hey everyone,

Cheers!

Congratulations !

I could get any of these route to drive?

That's right if you're heading to Birchmount. Not listed above, you can get pulled to do a Line 1, 2 or 3 shuttle at a moments notice as well.

Documentation took forever ..about 4 hours

HOLY cow!! Ok im glad I asked. Thanks Rekognize.

In my case, references were checked before the job offer was given.

My references were called in the 4th week after my interview.

I was called the monday of the 5th week and given the job offer.

BUT...when I went to interview, they asked me to put an asterisk beside

any references I did NOT want called prior to job offer, I DID NOT put any

asterisks on my references.

The process seemingly goes, ......if you do not get a rejection letter in the mail

in about 2 weeks of interview, it means good things to come and will probably take

approximately 4-5 weeks after interview to get the job offer call.

Good luck:-)

Hi Buddies, I saw in one thread " Documentation takes more or less 4 hours". What are you going to be asked? and what kind of activities in the documentation? Can you give us more explanation.

You're going to get pics taken for id, uniform measurements and you'll be filling out a phonebooks size mountain of paperwork. Good times.