TTC Application Process

ericgu22

I would love to be at Birchmount, My friend just retired there and loved it there and I have met a few of them. Great bunch of people that I have met. I wish I asked what division when they called, she even said do you have any questions and I said no, I was so excited I forgot....

Which division did you end up at? I would love to transfer to Birchmount as well but Wilson isn't bad since we're getting trained on 3 different buses from the get-go.

thanks

stay positive and calm. Don't be panic . It goes smooth

Trust me "The G" is the worst one. PM me if anyone wants to know.

Stay cool, don't panic and if you make a mistake don't let it bother you. The route can be easily found out so if your familiar with it before hand it helps....I believe anyways. Cover your brakes, railroad crossing, cross walks, big alternate, easy round about turn...etc...if you do it at Wilson.

Thanks guys

Training is 7-3. They say be 15 mins early. At least half hour break for lunch. ID on day 1, gets you free transit and parking at a few stations.

Day 2 at your home division.

thank you andyman

Don't worry driving is the easy part. Dealing with the public and their constant criticism is the most challenging part. I found the training to be quite enjoyable and the instructors were excellent. Enjoy the early finish and weekends off while you can. Just watch out for an instructor whose name starts with a G.

I agree with you..dealing with customers and other drivers on the road would be the real challange. I hope I don't get A or G .

Your day begins at 7 am and ends at 3 pm. First day at 1138 Bathurst and 2nd day onwards your home division. You will get a training schedule you need to follow for next 25 days. You will be reporting to bathurst office for your assessments but will be spending major time at your home division. You will get your photo ID on day one and loads of study material so bring a big bag preferably the one with wheels so you dont have to carry it around. Lunch breaks depend on the instructor. My instructor wants us to spend as much time in driving as possible so we take our lunch inside the bus. We are two trainees so when one of us is driving the other can have lunch. Remember, spending more time in driving is more important than lunch. Also, make sure you review your notes and study material everyday. Dont be complacent. Training is fun and you will surely enjoy it. All the best!!

P.S. NEVER BE LATE. Be there 15 mins before the class start time.

Thank you mani555 , I will make sure not to be late :)

Hi everyone finished my training. Now from Monday the route visit for next 3days .hope all going well to others

Congrats!

Did my documentation today, it was 4 hours. Everything went really smoothly. Just want to say thank you to all the members on this forum. Lots of support and lots of valuable information. Hope everything will go smoothly for all the members that are waiting. :D:D:D:D:D

Congrats ttc2015, did you get any idea of when you'll start training?

I'm going documentation on Monday, the recruiter was suppose to send me a email regarding what I need to bring. Have no recurve the email, so I'm wondering if the members that went to doc can give me some info on what I need to bring. Thanks

Congratulations. So how long documentation took for you? Did they give you approx start day.

Thanks

Congratulations. So how long documentation took for you? Did they give you approx start day.

Thanks

Yes!! Someone finally called me saying that I passed the interview! It took like almost 2 months because there was something wrong with "emailing" one of my references.

Also my original interviewer retired like 2 weeks ago and he forgot all about me which sorta delayed the process for me even more lol. The lady told me in couple of weeks someone will call you for dates for the medical and police clearence. She then said my last thing would be conditional. Hope everything goes well!

Congratulations,

Hi everyone finished my training. Now from Monday the route visit for next 3days .hope all going well to others

Congrats...so long process and wait is over for you, enjoy working, we are still waiting....

Any updates regarding the documentation after checking a current employer?

hey Parts.....have you signed conditional offer as yet? I tried to back track on your posts

but I cant conclude you have signed yet. This will help us give you an idea of where

documentation may stand for you at present time.....

hey Parts.....have you signed conditional offer as yet? I tried to back track on your posts

but I cant conclude you have signed yet. This will help us give you an idea of where

documentation may stand for you at present time.....

Hi Imhopin2. I signed the conditional offer on Dec 4, 2014, Got a police clearance on Jan 19, 2015 and My recruiter sent me an email for Finalizing Clearance on Feb 5, 2015. But it seems my last employer was difficult to be contacted by Drake, eventhough she left in office phone. Is it possible to change the name of Reference in this process or not.

Hi Imhopin2. I signed the conditional offer on Dec 4, 2014, Got a police clearance on Jan 19, 2015 and My recruiter sent me an email for Finalizing Clearance on Feb 5, 2015. But it seems my last employer was difficult to be contacted by Drake, eventhough she left in office phone. Is it possible to change the name of Reference in this process or not.

Hey Parts, my references were done before the conditional offer, however, there were some difficulties in contacting one of my references. The recruiter emailed me to give another contact name and number. You can try to email the recruiter with another contact name and number if one is unreachable. Hope it goes through for you. Goodluck!

So, let's say that you are making the top operator rate after 2 years working. Then you transfer mode to streetcar and begin training. Does your operator rate go back to starting rate again?. Do you go start probation all over again?. Do you lose your benefits and go back to 2 weeks vacation?

So, let's say that you are making the top operator rate after 2 years working. Then you transfer mode to streetcar and begin training. Does your operator rate go back to starting rate again?. Do you go start probation all over again?. Do you lose your benefits and go back to 2 weeks vacation?

Lol no to all of the above...

Hi...I called the reference checker from Third Party, that my ex boss called the reference checker and it was done yesterday. The reference checker gave to my recruiter. This is the last reference. Usually after all the references are completed. How many days to get a call for Documentation?

based on what was said today at documentation, you should be up for documentation like now. Those that signed conditional offers around the Dec 4/5 and medicals done in late Nov/early Dec, are entering documentations now. There is no exact "how many days till documentation", but you are in que with all your conditions now met. Hang in there Parts....you should be getting the call very very soon :-)

Hey everyone, did documentation today and it took about 3 1/2 hours.

For those folliowing for time lines, I signed conditional on Dec 5th.

We were told there are about 50 people ahead of us. We could expect

a call in 1-3 weeks for training start dates in 3-5 weeks from now thus giving

us a start date anywhere from beginning to mid march.

Also confirmed was, seniority goes by the date of your medical, so even if you

get a later documentation date than others that signed conditional at same time as you,

in the end, its your medical date that holds your seniority placement at your division.

good luck to eveyone, keep the questions coming and information flowing :-)

based on what was said today at documentation, you should be up for documentation like now. Those that signed conditional offers around the Dec 4/5 and medicals done in late Nov/early Dec, are entering documentations now. There is no exact "how many days till documentation", but you are in que with all your conditions now met. Hang in there Parts....you should be getting the call very very soon :-)

get a later documentation date than others that signed conditional at same time as you,

in the end, its your medical date that holds your seniority placement at your division.

thnx for the info ImHopin! Im still waiting for my start date, did my documentation last week monday. hoping to get a call soon!

The medical only matters in regards to seniority within your training group. It is possible to have an earlier medical but later training date, depends where they place you and other circumstances sometimes. So technically your seniority starts on day one of training.

As mentioned also those who transfer within departments do not retain their seniority. All the cleaners who lost jobs due to contracting out and became operators lost their seniority even though they retained their badge # which sometimes are very low. Looking in the seniority book its quite common that badge numbers don't always fall in numerical value order. I looked into moving into maintenance but wasn't keen on starting all over and working nights.

Be aware all the fittings for uniforms are not done at documentation and you have to visit some of the suppliers at a later date and some of the locations are not ideal. A lot who have started over the last year still have not received pants as I know they changed suppliers already twice for the new ones.

The medical only matters in regards to seniority within your training group. It is possible to have an earlier medical but later training date, depends where they place you and other circumstances sometimes. So technically your seniority starts on day one of training.

As mentioned also those who transfer within departments do not retain their seniority. All the cleaners who lost jobs due to contracting out and became operators lost their seniority even though they retained their badge # which sometimes are very low. Looking in the seniority book its quite common that badge numbers don't always fall in numerical value order. I looked into moving into maintenance but wasn't keen on starting all over and working nights.

Be aware all the fittings for uniforms are not done at documentation and you have to visit some of the suppliers at a later date and some of the locations are not ideal. A lot who have started over the last year still have not received pants as I know they changed suppliers already twice for the new ones.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing,just did my medical today. Waiting for police clearance.

Very clear explanations. Thanks andyman. When we are training are we using uniforms? The ones who didn't get their pants yet are they just using their dress pants to work ? In that case I think I have to buy some gray pants.

I'm at about a year now and still don't have pants so who knows when we'll get them..

You just have to wear dress pants, shirts and ties through training. And don't worry about buying specific ttc colored pants. I wear everything from cargo pants to black dress pants while I haven't been given a uniform. I've even seen army green cargo pants among other newer operators lol.

If you're looking to look the part our dress pants will be blue going forward..

I'm at about a year now and still don't have pants so who knows when we'll get them..

You just have to wear dress pants, shirts and ties through training. And don't worry about buying specific ttc colored pants. I wear everything from cargo pants to black dress pants while I haven't been given a uniform. I've even seen army green cargo pants among other newer operators lol.

Thanks Messiah ..good to know I can use any colours .

If you buy something don't worry about colour...Costco actually has some decent affordable stuff that can be used in your private life afterwards.

When I started we were all keen to wear our golf shirts as we didnt have our dress shirts yet but our instructors advice was not to and wear our own dress shirts, pants and ties so the public would realize we were new and take it easy on us which I don't know if is true as I still took a lot of flack.