TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Yeah I was informed the day I got contacted for the conditional offer.

On another note, I got a call this morning at around 8:45am from the TTC. I missed the call and later listened to my voicemail which stated I would be training on January 26th. I called my recruiter back and she didn't get the phone so I left a message on her voicemail. She later returned my call 2 hours later stating I have a new training date which will be Feb. 2nd for Subway as my mode. My original mode on the 26th would of been streetcar. I'm actually very excited for this opportunity and can't wait to start. My advice to everyone else is to just be patient and wait it out. You cannot forecast what will happen next and what you will be doing as you see circumstances can change at any given instance.

Congratulations Jaywells

I have another question.

I have been at the same job for a long period of time and have gone threw a lot of different supervisors so my question is this, should I list all of the one's still working for my employer and the period in which they were my supervisor?

I would love to be at Birchmount, My friend just retired there and loved it there and I have met a few of them. Great bunch of people that I have met. I wish I asked what division when they called, she even said do you have any questions and I said no, I was so excited I forgot....

Even if there were pros and cons to one mode compared to another it doesn't matter. You don't get to chose. So what they give you is what they give you really. They decide what mode they chose for you in the end. You don't really have a choice.

I understand . I'm just looking for Insight and feedback from the operators on this board. Just want to take in all the information about each modes

I did buses for 6 years streetcars for 1 year and the rest subway. Out of the three modes, buses has the best seniority specially as a jr. operator but comes with a higher stress level. Streetcars wasn't for me, I hated it there (manual switches and shared traffic). Subway easy work as far as I'm concerned.

I will most likely transfer back to buses before I retire simply because I live closer to a bus division. In the mean time from my experience subways takes the cake, however to each his own.

I did buses for 6 years streetcars for 1 year and the rest subway. Out of the three modes, buses has the best seniority specially as a jr. operator but comes with a higher stress level. Streetcars wasn't for me, I hated it there (manual switches and shared traffic). Subway easy work as far as I'm concerned.

I will most likely transfer back to buses before I retire simply because I live closer to a bus division. In the mean time from my experience subways takes the cake, however to each his own.

Street car is supposedly the worst but that could change or atleast improve with the arrival of all the new ones. I've heard of many subway ops complain about health issues being underground all day also. Each one has pros and cons but for me location is the key so the nearest bus garage being 2 mins away from home...I will stay in bus.

Street car is supposedly the worst but that could change or atleast improve with the arrival of all the new ones. I've heard of many subway ops complain about health issues being underground all day also. Each one has pros and cons but for me location is the key so the nearest bus garage being 2 mins away from home...I will stay in bus.

You will definitely be blowing brake dust out of your nose daily and perhaps develop some hearing loss. However I had major back issues when I was in buses. Regardless of mode your doing a sedentary occupation. Health problems are going to arise if you don't stay healthy.

You will definitely be blowing brake dust out of your noise daily and perhaps develop some hearing loss. However I had major back issues when I was in buses. Regardless of mode your doing a sedentary occupation. Health problems are going to arise if you don't stay healthy.

What's a typical day like working the subways? What should I be expecting?

Hello everyone

Training Starts on 2nd February

Mode is BUS

Division is BIRCHMOUNT

Any tips for Division ?

Thanks U every one for your support and best of luck to all who is waiting.

Birchmount is a small division. I heard it is a nice division as everybody help each other. The only drawback is that the routes are short. That means you will be making a million trip everyday.

Big division lots of short routes be ready to suffer on the dufferin. Plus side - most of the relief points are subway stations so you can stay warm during the winter.

Thank you for the information. I'll be starting training on 2nd Feb. Mode is bus and division is Wilson.