TransLink Future - Dream's and Aspirations

cleowin

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Cathay 888 said:

Recently Foothill Transit and Sound Transit ordered Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 EV buses, I wish Translink will order them for some suburban services to join with their diesel siblings~~

I’m glad they aren’t. I don’t know why we can’t even make our existing fleet of just 5 battery electric buses run normally. Cities all over Europe and Asia each have hundreds or even thousands in service. There is no use in ordering more until we can learn to make them work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Citaro said:

I’m glad they aren’t. I don’t know why we can’t even make our existing fleet of just 5 battery electric buses run normally. Cities all over Europe and Asia each have hundreds or even thousands in service. There is no use in ordering more until we can learn to make them work. 

Perhaps a reluctancy in setting up parts distribution and/whatever BUY NORTH AMERICAN legislation exists (if any). I’d like to see EbusCO and other companies make a North American appearance. 

I also think this is a skill issue on behalf of NFI/Nova/Proterra 🥴 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Transitfankid take your drawings & post them on your own page thank you

I'm going to be honest, this is the one place where I don't mind them. They're not bad drawings, and it does illustrate a Sweep-R XT40, something that could happen soon.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Transitfankid take your drawings & post them on your own page thank you

That was me, not him

8 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

I'm going to be honest, this is the one place where I don't mind them. They're not bad drawings, and it does illustrate a Sweep-R XT40, something that could happen soon.

Thanks, my friend drew it

• Like 2

So after putting some thought into this, heres some ideas I have: 

Articulated service on 335 during peak hours 

Slight increase on 388 (every 20 minutes instead of every 30 minutes) 

326 running every 30 minutes on weekends instead of every hour 

375 service increase on weekdays 

A new route along 96th, maybe from Surrey Central (or Scott road) to Carvolth (or even Langley) 

Expansion of STC, seriously, it needs it 

Slight increase of service on the 341 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Transitfan2022 said:

A new route along 96th, maybe from Surrey Central (or Scott road) to Carvolth (or even Langley) 

D40LF only fleet... that's all I want.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Transitfan2022 said:

STC expansion is a must. Most of these changes could come in SLS. 335 is best to split though but thats noy happening till 4-6 years later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Squishy Bus said:

D40LF only fleet... that's all I want.

You do realize our d40lf units are nearly gone right. Last few are over in Vancouver. What you're saying is pretty much impossible unless translink was to purchase some from  other sources

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Squishy Bus said:

If only I could go to the past.

Will they were my favorites as well. Your not the only one. And yes I'm still awaiting that day they really do retire them in full, but before they do i hope they do a ceremony last run like they did with the old trolleys. I'd definitely attend!

• 1 month later...

Its been along time since i posted here but since ive stopped taking transit full time, i have done a few special rides and my last ride was a D40Lf 2001 series.

i will certainly miss these busses as they were my favourites after the E901/E902 series. I will now have to flock to the D40LFR’s at some point, but these are getting old as well. The XD40s are pretty disappointing as is the entire X40 series of nfi coaches in terms of how they sound. I do like the sound of the battery electric fleet, and the 2018 nova hevs out of VTC, as well as the newest XDE60s with Bae Transmissions. The sounds of the vehicle is what drew me to transit in the first place, and most newer coaches are boring, not gunna lie. The vehicles of the past were much better

4 hours ago, cleowin said:

Its been along time since i posted here but since ive stopped taking transit full time, i have done a few special rides and my last ride was a D40Lf 2001 series.

i will certainly miss these busses as they were my favourites after the E901/E902 series. I will now have to flock to the D40LFR’s at some point, but these are getting old as well. The XD40s are pretty disappointing as is the entire X40 series of nfi coaches in terms of how they sound. I do like the sound of the battery electric fleet, and the 2018 nova hevs out of VTC, as well as the newest XDE60s with Bae Transmissions. The sounds of the vehicle is what drew me to transit in the first place, and most newer coaches are boring, not gunna lie. The vehicles of the past were much better

Talking about those. D40LF's were my most favorite. I liked the voith transmission better. I could listen to those FOREVER in a loop going all the way to highway speeds, going up a small hill to highway. Meh but still going to miss these D40LF models we got left. 

The birds are flying away! (Old buses)

I'm over in Fraser Valley (not saying my actual location for privacy and such)

But these "birds" are nearly gone. Sad