General Railway Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

I don't think anything will beat that RS3 for oddball power leading The Canadian.

Too bad it's so difficult to model one accurately.

I'd probably put the one of the CP M630 and F9B leading it slightly ahead. RS3's have appeared on the Canadian before as many of them have (had) pass-through trainlines, ditto for the RS18's. I've seen FP9-RS3-RS10-FP7 done before.

For those in eastern Ontario, Train 66 has a surprise today:

Unfortunately, the HEP 1 car threw me off when I tried to get a better photo of 6105.

What's also surprising is that 920 is on T3 and 66 on T2. Almost always the other way round as 66 will use T3 out of the USRC to get ahead of 920, with 920 crossing over to T3 at Scarborough. 920 comes off T5 at Union whereas 66 uses T7 or T8, reducing delays within the USRC.

Any idea where 6105 was going?

MMC.

I think it's more that shade of green rather than the use of green in general. A dark green, like Pennsylvania Railroad green, would look better.

And maybe a stripe and a different font. Go with something like the old Erie scheme (green, grey w/ yellow trim) and spell out "New Brunswick Southern" and I think it'd look really sharp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...