GO Transit Locomotive Deliveries

Maybe a special sighting..... I saw 1 train yersterday afternoon at Richmond Hill Centre with 2 GO MP40PH-3C units leading! I actually stopped my bus 'round the bend to make sure i was seeing that right.... couldnt get numbers though, but the leading cab had the newer trilium, and second cab had the older one...

Maybe a special sighting..... I saw 1 train yersterday afternoon at Richmond Hill Centre with 2 GO MP40PH-3C units leading! I actually stopped my bus 'round the bend to make sure i was seeing that right.... couldnt get numbers though, but the leading cab had the newer trilium, and second cab had the older one...

Yeah, I've seen that done a couple of times over the past couple of weeks. I guess they're running low on F59s to use on break-in runs.

Dan

Why aren't the newer MP40s being broken in with older MP40s like from the first order?

I'm taking a guess on this one, but it's probably because it's the new engine that's doing all the work, and the strap-on engine is just there in case something happens (and hopefully nothing does). In this way the 2nd engine is not exactly being used at all... so might as well throw on one of the old F59PH units instead and keep the better MP40s for solitary service.

Locomotives 646 and 638 on Train were on Trains 835/839 on August 30th. Also Loco 647 should be on the property now as I spotted it in the TMC on August 27th.

Something like...18 left now? Unless they put any more of 547+ for sale.

RBRX has taken another 6 for a project in Michigan - I don't know if these ever made it to the website or if GO gave them an inside deal on them. And 560 was pulled from service a month and a half ago for some unknown (to me) reason. I don't know if it was officially retired, but it was sitting with the sold 540s a couple of weeks ago.

Dan

RBRX has taken another 6 for a project in Michigan - I don't know if these ever made it to the website or if GO gave them an inside deal on them. And 560 was pulled from service a month and a half ago for some unknown (to me) reason. I don't know if it was officially retired, but it was sitting with the sold 540s a couple of weeks ago.

Dan

6 from the 541-547 group (not sure exactly which) were noted about a month ago stripped of their logos and numbers on the dead track. There was also a listing on Metrolinxes site for disposal of the 6.

6 from the 541-547 group (not sure exactly which) were noted about a month ago stripped of their logos and numbers on the dead track. There was also a listing on Metrolinxes site for disposal of the 6.

I don't think those are the RBRX units, as they have already purchased them (or signed an agreement to purchase them) as of a couple of weeks ago. If there is a listing on the Metrolinx site, that would indicate to me that they are still up for the taking.

Dan

I don't think those are the RBRX units, as they have already purchased them (or signed an agreement to purchase them) as of a couple of weeks ago. If there is a listing on the Metrolinx site, that would indicate to me that they are still up for the taking.

Dan

Read it again Dan, there *was* a listing for them for sale. It's gone now.

And incidentally, I have found out the units are not all from the 541-546 group.

• 4 weeks later...