General LOL moments

AlexLy

Da heck? LOL

Its the first Iphone 6 sold at a location in Australia.

The poor guy ends up dropping it while opening it.

Did the screen break?

I've seen countless people in my travels with broken phone screens. I really don't get it - I've dropped my phone (an HTC Desire) millions of times and not once has anything happened to it. The fact that all these phones have been iPhones is suspicious.

I'll stick with android, thanks

Despite being google jacked it is still open source.

So you can do whatever you want to it.

Ain't spending 6 bills on something that'll download u2 albums onto itself without my EXPRESS consent!

:lol:

Never understood why people like those fragile ass iphones. I've dropped my Samsung S4 countless times since I got it 2 months ago and all it has are a few chips in the sides and a small, bearly noticeable scratch. Nothing that needs replacing.

what gets me about the iphone is, it looks nice, but everyone gets a thick case for it like an otter box, it defeats the purpose of having a nice looking phone...... and idiots will get an otterbox etc for their iphone 6 completely defeating the point of having a a thin phone... says alot about how fragile these things are, ill stick with my low end samsung galaxy ace, if something happens to it, oh well.... i do keep it in a case though, even though my experience with samsungs are when you drop them, the battery may pop out but thats it....

Never understood why people like those fragile ass iphones. I've dropped my Samsung S4 countless times since I got it 2 months ago and all it has are a few chips in the sides and a small, bearly noticeable scratch. Nothing that needs replacing.

Saw a poor guy on the bus, as soon as he was about to get off he dropped his brand new (at the time) iphone on the bus and the screen was toast. It was his birthday too. :o

After about 2 1/2 years the screen on my galaxy nexus is mint.

I dropped my iPhone 5 many times on the pavement and it never got a scratch nor a busted screen. I've just gotten some scratches on the side of the phone but either than that, nothing. I guess these people dropped their iPhones from a higher height or deliberately smashed it on the ground.

Haha. I've deliberately dropped my flip phones on the ground and they typically received little to no damage.

I've never cracked a screen on either of the two smartphones I've owned... but then I hardly ever drop my phone. :lol: I am SUPER careful. Of course I can't say I never drop it, I'm still human, but it's pretty rare. I keep my Galaxy S2 in a rubbery Seidio case to prevent scratching it up (and in the event it does get dropped, the edge of the case provides a small lip/cushion between the screen and whatever surface the phone is going to land on).

Whether or not the screen will break (and how badly) depends on several factors, including angle of impact and other sheer luck/physics based aspects of the fall. iPhones may very well be more fragile than some of the more durable Android phones, but I have personally seen an iPhone get dropped on a hard floor (no case) and come away with nary a scratch. So you never know.

I do frequently see people using phones with severely cracked screens. Just sitting there on the train looking at their phone, swiping their finger across this spiderweb of cracks... I could not do that. It'd drive me crazy. If my screen ever DID get cracked for whatever reason, I'd have to get a new phone, pronto. Even if it meant I had to buy one because I couldn't upgrade through my carrier or anything.

I thought these phones were supposed to be made with gorilla glass ???

They are. Re: RevEleven's story, if an iPhone was dropped "on the bus" (I'm assuming from average bus seat/sitting person height, onto an average bus floor), and the screen was "toasted", that was a pretty unlucky hit (fell right on its face, with the screen squarely taking the full impact). Or a defective phone. Generally speaking, iPhones aren't quite THAT fragile.

Recently I got a good laugh out of the return of what I like to call The Reluctant Proselytizer. There's this middle aged-guy who stands on a corner going on about Jesus and sin and whatnot with a microphone hooked into a speaker. Only, he kind of looks really uncomfortable, and has a manner of speaking that suggests someone who IS uncomfortable with public speaking. His delivery was really not-intense, with a fair number of stutters and pauses.

"And then Jesus, he uh... he was uh, punished... for our sins. But, uh, in the eyes of, uh, God..." On and on like that. At times he almost sounded bored. It's honestly pretty hilarious. I've seen him doing this several times, though until a few days ago, I hadn't seen him out there in a couple years.

I thought these phones were supposed to be made with gorilla glass ???

Yup

Manufactured by gorillas :lol:

I've never cracked a screen on either of the two smartphones I've owned... but then I hardly ever drop my phone. :lol: I am SUPER careful. Of course I can't say I never drop it, I'm still human, but it's pretty rare. I keep my Galaxy S2 in a rubbery Seidio case to prevent scratching it up (and in the event it does get dropped, the edge of the case provides a small lip/cushion between the screen and whatever surface the phone is going to land on).

Whether or not the screen will break (and how badly) depends on several factors, including angle of impact and other sheer luck/physics based aspects of the fall. iPhones may very well be more fragile than some of the more durable Android phones, but I have personally seen an iPhone get dropped on a hard floor (no case) and come away with nary a scratch. So you never know.

I do frequently see people using phones with severely cracked screens. Just sitting there on the train looking at their phone, swiping their finger across this spiderweb of cracks... I could not do that. It'd drive me crazy. If my screen ever DID get cracked for whatever reason, I'd have to get a new phone, pronto. Even if it meant I had to buy one because I couldn't upgrade through my carrier or anything.

They are. Re: RevEleven's story, if an iPhone was dropped "on the bus" (I'm assuming from average bus seat/sitting person height, onto an average bus floor), and the screen was "toasted", that was a pretty unlucky hit (fell right on its face, with the screen squarely taking the full impact). Or a defective phone. Generally speaking, iPhones aren't quite THAT fragile.

Recently I got a good laugh out of the return of what I like to call The Reluctant Proselytizer. There's this middle aged-guy who stands on a corner going on about Jesus and sin and whatnot with a microphone hooked into a speaker. Only, he kind of looks really uncomfortable, and has a manner of speaking that suggests someone who IS uncomfortable with public speaking. His delivery was really not-intense, with a fair number of stutters and pauses.

"And then Jesus, he uh... he was uh, punished... for our sins. But, uh, in the eyes of, uh, God..." On and on like that. At times he almost sounded bored. It's honestly pretty hilarious. I've seen him doing this several times, though until a few days ago, I hadn't seen him out there in a couple years.

To be honest it didn't look like his phone hit the floor that hard. In fact it slid upon impact.

I dropped my iPhone 5 many times on the pavement and it never got a scratch nor a busted screen. I've just gotten some scratches on the side of the phone but either than that, nothing. I guess these people dropped their iPhones from a higher height or deliberately smashed it on the ground.

I did once see a Facebook status somewhere where this girl posted something along the lines of "I dropped my iPhone for you, mom and dad. Hope you're happy."

It was surreal.

what gets me about the iphone is, it looks nice, but everyone gets a thick case for it like an otter box, it defeats the purpose of having a nice looking phone...... and idiots will get an otterbox etc for their iphone 6 completely defeating the point of having a a thin phone... says alot about how fragile these things are, ill stick with my low end samsung galaxy ace, if something happens to it, oh well.... i do keep it in a case though, even though my experience with samsungs are when you drop them, the battery may pop out but thats it....

I got a thick case for my iPhone... I got the phone it for its functionality, not so much to have a nice looking phone... I want to make it last. The thick case was also one of a few I found that comes with a belt clip, which i prefer over shoving it in my pocket with a bunch of other junk, making me uncomfortable and possibly scratching it up with other stuff I put in my pockets like change.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is something I found funny that occured on 9/29/14. This old Chinese lady came on the bus and I was sitting in the front seat, so I said she could have my set. I had my favorite SF Muni driver on the 38L and when the bus gets crazy packed, he lets me sit on the handle of the front door stairwell. So everytime the door opens, I step outside and then hop back in and sit on the handrail on the front door's wheelchair lift. The lady later got off and said, "Thank you for giving me your seat." I was like, "Oh, no problem at all." Then she said the funniest thing I have heard in a while, "You speak English so well! Were you born here?" XD Remember, she was from China, not SF. I was like, "Yes I am from here." Then she said, "Oh yeah." It was pretty funny/cute, but she was genuinely grateful.