Société de transport de Montréal

mtltransitguy

It's been detoured on and off again for at least 2 years and it might be permanent now, hopefully not because it adds a lot of time on the trip.

But what I don't like here is the southern terminus... If I have to take the 80 heading north (from Chinatown), I still have to walk till Ontario / Jeanne-Mance... :lol:

Nice to see Metro St-Laurent on the map and that it is being bypassed by the 80-535 (and rightfully so)

But isn't it obvious guys, no buses are allowed through Quartier des Spectacles very simply.

Does this explain why the 535's have been coming down Union and turning on Rene-Levesque?

It's been detoured on and off again for at least 2 years and it might be permanent now, hopefully not because it adds a lot of time on the trip.

I don't think it will be permanent. Yesterday I noticed that they've painted a reserved bus lane diamond on the right lane of Jeanne Mance just south of de Maisonneuve outside the metro entrance. Why bother with that if the buses won't be returning?

The AMT just published a press release stating that the 935 will once again take Jeanne-Mance from Rene-Levesque until Sherbrooke as of Thursday September 16.

14 septembre 2010

Retour au trajet habituel des TRAINBUS 935 en pointe du soir entre le boulevard René-Lévesque et la rue Sherbrooke, à compter du 16 septembre

Nous tenons à vous informer qu’en raison de la fin des

travaux à la voirie dans le quartier des spectacles, à compter

du jeudi 16 septembre, les TRAINBUS 935 emprunteront de

nouveau la rue Jeanne-Mance, du boulevard René-Lévesque

jusqu’à la rue Sherbrooke, en période de pointe du soir.

Veuillez noter qu’en période de pointe du matin, les détours

actuels sont maintenus puisque certains travaux restent à

compléter.

Logically I would expect the STM to operate the 80 and 535 via this (regular) routing. So why do the planibuses indicate St-Laurent?! I guess they didn't expect the work to finish this week :P?

• 1 month later...

Apparently, the STM will unveil a new type of bus shelter next week:

Le maire de Montréal et le président de la STM invitent les représentants des médias au dévoilement des prototypes des nouveaux abribus

MONTRÉAL, le 4 nov. /CNW Telbec/ -

M. Gérald Tremblay, maire de Montréal, et M. Michel Labrecque, président du conseil d'administration de la STM, vous invitent à un point de presse pour le dévoilement des prototypes des nouveaux abribus. Rappelons que ceux-ci ont fait l'objet d'un concours de design initié par la Ville de Montréal, en collaboration avec la STM, et que la proposition lauréate a été élaborée par le consortium Leblanc + Turcotte + Spooner.

La rencontre se tiendra le lundi 8 novembre 2010, à 10 h 30, À l'abribus situé à l'angle du boulevard René-Lévesque et de la rue Jeanne-Mance (côté sud-est)

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure whether this should go on the AMT thread or here:

Le service Trainbus 935, en pointe du soir, partant de l'intersection Peel et René-Lévesque à destination de la gare Parc, sera assuré, à compter du 1er février 2011, par un service régulier de la Société de transport de Montréal (STM). Les clients qui détiennent un titre TRAIN seront donc invités à se procurer un titre TRAM ou de la STM (mensuels ou unitaires) ou à payer leur passage en argent comptant. Ce changement de tarification sera également étendu, à compter du 1er janvier 2011, aux clients du Trainbus 935, maintenu en pointe du matin. Tous devront valider leur titre en tout temps lors de l'embarquement à la gare Parc en direction du centre-ville.

From what I understand, the 935 will cease to exist in PM rush as of February 1st. The AM rush continues to exist, but will be made into a regular STM (CAM) route as of January 1st.

STM has officially confirmed VIA its facebook page that it will be repainting the whole fleet in the chevron livery! Interesting... The hunt is on to see if any 1st gens or classics end up with chevrons before they get canned.. The new livery is to be applied on buses at the Legendre/youville bus shops..

I also noticed the same for the metro, although on a smaller scale.

79-634 (and its two others) have been slightly repainted.

The middle unit (which used to have a T-Wing) now has a "Mouvement Collectif" Logo.

The two motrice units have a small chevron within the white stripe.

I didn't get a picture.

Alex

As of January, STM will be authorizing Scandal Daily News (24 Heures) to distribute their newspapers inside metro stations.

Source: http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archive/Dece...0/16/c5870.html

So we replace a neutral transit opinion journal with a negative transit opinion newspaper ... now that's progress ! *

Rappelons enfin que le journal Métro détenait l'exclusivité de la distribution d'un quotidien gratuit dans le réseau du métro depuis mars 2001.

(* Of course - For trangesco !)

Looks like the STM was a little vague when it said that it would be repainting the whole fleet. Apparently, they were refering to the 8 Nova HEV's only. So much for that...

We can't sacrifice resources (buses on the road and $) just for the sake of appearances.

We can't sacrifice resources (buses on the road and $) just for the sake of appearances.

Well with another 317 buses on order for 2011... over half the fleet will be in the new colors just with them replacing the older buses. Well have around 940 buses in the chevons by the end of 2011.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...