Kingston Transit

D40LF

Yes I know they are from DavidW's website. It's not like I'm trying to pass them off as my own work or anything.

I didnt say you were. I didnt know if you were aware that you were showing him his own photos.

I didnt say you were. I didnt know if you were aware that you were showing him his own photos.

Those two pictures are recent finds. They're kind of fuzzy but about the best I've been able to find.

Here's a third one:

kingston_KPC20opencars3.jpg

Those two pictures are recent finds. They're kind of fuzzy but about the best I've been able to find.

Here's a third one:

Interesting photo, cant remember if I have seen that one before.

I didnt say you were. I didnt know if you were aware that you were showing him his own photos

Sorry, I hadn't noticed his username when he originally asked for pictures.

Here's a third one:

That one looks to be in front of City Hall, I didn't know there were ever streetcar tracks on Ontario St.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed his username when he originally asked for pictures.

That one looks to be in front of City Hall, I didn't know there were ever streetcar tracks on Ontario St.

Thats ok.

Yes they ran in front of city hall, at that point there was a connecting track to the Kingston & Pembroke Railway, later CPR, at that location.

Yup it's used as a ticket booth for the mustang drive in movies.

That's weird, incidentally Kingston Transit 7985 (Kingston Township Transit 74179) is used as a projector for the McAdoo drive-in north of Kingston. I wonder if KT would classify as the transit authority with the most retired buses used as parts of drive-in theatres? :lol:

That's weird, incidentally Kingston Transit 7985 (Kingston Township Transit 74179) is used as a projector for the McAdoo drive-in north of Kingston. I wonder if KT would classify as the transit authority with the most retired buses used as parts of drive-in theatres? :lol:

Yep, here is a post about it, with photo.

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?s=&showt...st&p=445396

I found 7763 years ago, the owner let me have the builders plate.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but last week in Prince Edward County I came across retired ex-Kingston Transit GM Fishbowl # 7763.
That's weird, incidentally Kingston Transit 7985 (Kingston Township Transit 74179) is used as a projector for the McAdoo drive-in north of Kingston. I wonder if KT would classify as the transit authority with the most retired buses used as parts of drive-in theatres? :)

Not to mention that a 1960's KT TDH-4519 was used as a clothing store in Ottawa in the early 1990s. I have a photo but it's poor-quality and off-centre. It was painted all black and the headsign read "Montreal". :lol:

Not to mention that a 1960's KT TDH-4519 was used as a clothing store in Ottawa in the early 1990s. I have a photo but it's poor-quality and off-centre. It was painted all black and the headsign read "Montreal". :lol:

There is an black TDH-4519 with a white top in a scrap yard that came from KT, maybe the sameone.

Yep, here is a post about it, with photo.

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?s=&showt...st&p=445396

I found 7763 years ago, the owner let me have the builders plate.

Thanks for the history. So it does have use beside the drive-in. I wonder how many years it's been there?

I remember that mobile clothing store with the "Montreal" sign. I thought it might be a retired STCUM bus, but KT makes sense as I don't think Montreal ever had any single-door GMs. I remember that bus would often park in what is now the Shopper's (was formerly Staples-Business Depot, before that Your Independent Grocer, Mr. Grocer before that, Best for Less before that and originally a Dominion store way-back-when) lot at Bank & Heron selling dirt cheap jeans. I seem to remember a 2 for $20 sign on or beside the bus.

Now that all the classics are retired, that makes the Orion VI's the oldest buses in the fleet. I believe the average lifespan is 12 years, does anyone know if KT is planning on retiring them soon? Also, does anyone know if the side rollsigns on 9806 and 9808 are functional, and if KT will get rid of those soon, and possibly be willing to sell them?

This morning apparently a woman was hit by a bus downtown at the corner of Bagot/Princess at about 9:15 AM. I didn't see it myself, but from what i heard, i got off about 2 stops before it happened. Anyone have more news on this?

This morning apparently a woman was hit by a bus downtown at the corner of Bagot/Princess at about 9:15 AM. I didn't see it myself, but from what i heard, i got off about 2 stops before it happened. Anyone have more news on this?

yeah I drove by it in my work truck it was at the corner of Brock&Bagot near the transfer point. i just sent an email to my buddy that drives for them about what happened

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just noticed that KT used two of my photos in that report! :lol: They're on page 51 in the bus information section:

They have a habit of doing that, its not like they can just walk out and take the shots themselves!!!

• 2 weeks later...
well i saw the second KT bus in just less then a week, being towed after a brake down. they are either driving them too hard or time for a few new buses...

I'm sorry but this is one of the stupidist comments I've read lately. Yes...has nothing to do with the fact that buses brake down periodically and sometimes have to be towed back. Go to Toronto once in a while, you'll see that towing newer buses is quite common. A bus costs average $450 000 to buy and to your logic if it brakes down they can just fork that much out to replace it with a new one. Think before you post.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dose any one know if 1153-56 have came in yet?

I heard they were due by the end of the year, but nothing yet.

I will see what I can find out for an ETA.

(Not as easy as it used to be as I now live about 3500 kms away!)