St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

Updated St.Catharines news

with the retired 4 V's getting sent to a refurb plant in Toronto (9054,9156,9158,9160)

there is good news as no Orion V's will be retired with the arrival of the 3 new Hybrids

as these buses are still needed for expansion and the growing demand for Brock buses

In other news St.Catharines is also looking at changing the back doors of the Invero to ur Standard back door

Of course trying to find a way to retrofit this is St.Catharines problem right now

Thats amazing! Are those 4 V's going to be sent soon? Will be nice to have 4 more of them on the road. Great to hear. :blink:

Bill

Updated St.Catharines news

with the retired 4 V's getting sent to a refurb plant in Toronto (9054,9156,9158,9160)

there is good news as no Orion V's will be retired with the arrival of the 3 new Hybrids

as these buses are still needed for expansion and the growing demand for Brock buses

In other news St.Catharines is also looking at changing the back doors of the Invero to ur Standard back door

Of course trying to find a way to retrofit this is St.Catharines problem right now

i thought those V's were gone? wow

and wait, 3 hybrids? i thought it was 5 D40LFs? im confused on that part

Thats amazing! Are those 4 V's going to be sent soon? Will be nice to have 4 more of them on the road. Great to hear. :blink:

Bill

no they aren't coming back to St.Catharines.. they got sold to a refurb plant who will most likely refurb them (for a 2nd time) and sell them to someone

Your system is going to be 100% LF anyway once the V are out.

Good luck getting the rear door retrofit, that whole mechanism has to take it out!

Your system is going to be 100% LF anyway once the V are out.

Good luck getting the rear door retrofit, that whole mechanism has to take it out!

Well the orion v's are going to be around for a good year or so. They have 8 left and none are being retired this year.

Imagine if they do manage to retrofit the back doors, they would be pretty interesting inveros...

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting how St. Catherines are getting....1 DE40LF? I've always thought that they were only getting D40LF's?

We were originally getting 5 D40LF's, but that was changed and are now getting what was an optional order of 3 DE40LF hybrids. The one you saw in the video link (if you watched it) is what I believe to be the first in the batch. They are supposed to be arriving around end of December/beginning of January so I would expect that only 1 has been produced so far. I wish we could get some new D40's though....

We were originally getting 5 D40LF's, but that was changed and are now getting what was an optional order of 3 DE40LF hybrids. The one you saw in the video link (if you watched it) is what I believe to be the first in the batch. They are supposed to be arriving around end of December/beginning of January so I would expect that only 1 has been produced so far. I wish we could get some new D40's though....
Agreed! But the D40's have not been built since the mid 1990's. What about D40LF's and D40LFR's? Is that what you meant?

Dreaming - Imagine a 2010 NFI D40 (Non low floor) with Cummins ISL and Allison B400R6 !!

Agreed! But the D40's have not been built since the mid 1990's. What about D40LF's and D40LFR's? Is that what you meant?

Dreaming - Imagine a 2010 NFI D40 (Non low floor) with Cummins ISL and Allison B400R6 !!

I was fortunate to drive the Oakville D40's in service. It would be wicked if they were still in production, with a wheelchair lift equipped of course :)

Well, you can see and ride 1999 C40s in Los Angeles with an ISL-G and Allison B400R6.

I much prefer them to the C40LFs and the NABIs.

• 2 weeks later...

oh and i forgot to mention, while doing some searching on google, i saw this site; ask jeeves or whatever its called and it contained some fleet roster info for St.Catharines

it shows three retired buses; 747 (GMC T6H-5307), and the two Orion I's 8132 and 33 have been last seen somewhere on highway 20, can anyone confirm that?

oh and i forgot to mention, while doing some searching on google, i saw this site; ask jeeves or whatever its called and it contained some fleet roster info for St.Catharines

it shows three retired buses; 747 (GMC T6H-5307), and the two Orion I's 8132 and 33 have been last seen somewhere on highway 20, can anyone confirm that?

confirmed.. 8132 and 8133 were being sold at a truck sales which has gone out of business about 2 years ago and 747 is located in a field by Claire's Bicycles on hwy 20 as well

Can you please include a link?