Calgary Transit

kevlo86

Interesting old photos.

Until the SW LRT opened there was a bus stop on east bound Bow Trail at 37th Street SW for the 101 and 104 that still said Blue Arrow service on them. Really wish I had taken a photo but it never happened and the signs are now gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Summer 2016 Service Summary

Remains virtually identical to the changes they do every summer. Any thing not listed remains the same as the Spring. Schedule adjustments not displayed unless major (additional service, lost service, etc)

Weekday Bus

Route 16 Big bus mid day

Route 17 Big bus late night

Route 28 Shuttle All day All night

Route 29 Big bus All day All night

Route 39 Big bus mid day

Route 40 Big bus All day All night

Route 56 Big bus All day All night

Route 74 Big bus All day All night

Route 81 Big bus mid day

Route 83 Shuttle All day All night

Route 84 Big bus Mid day

Route 88 Shuttle All day All night (no 40 foot rush hour)

Route 92 Shuttle all day all night

Route 96 Shuttle all day all night

Route 174 Big bus all day all night

Route 409 Big bus mid day

Route 502 Big bus mid day

Weekend Bus

Unchanged - Same as Spring

Weekday LRT

1 less redline train am and pm rush hour but otherwise virtually unchanged. 4 car train assignments unknown

Weekend LRT

Unchanged

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Issack said:

So what's so special about the 74/174? I love the fact that they go 40ft for summer, but there must be so high ridership shuttle routes to put them on like the 302...

Its one of those mysteries we'll never know. Last year it was 74 only iirc. Why the 81 offpeak only? I remember a couple summers ago, 92/96 and 28/83 were big bus mid day then shuttles for both rush hours and late night.

Wow, how many bus routes does the UofC need?

I also notice Bowness doesn't get any improved service. When I moved here it was great, but in the past few years service out here is a joke.

Did they not read any of the feedback? None of those buses should be at 40 minute headways. Most of them shouldn't even be at 30 minute headways.

Edit: It's not as horrible as I thought; They will find that some of those need better headways soon, agreed with Issack. But they are really underestimating how busy Market and Northland get, and therefore how frequent the 8, 53, 65, and 105 need to be. 

• 2 weeks later...

You know what's funny about Calgary Transit in the news? I noticed that they always have this negative story followed by a really positive one within a week. Like the new trains coming into service or something like that... Just saying..

• 2 weeks later...

For the last couple of days CT has been replacing the metal drums from inside the fare boxes with new plastic ones. They plan to replace the entire fleet. I don't know if it is simultaneously going on at VP and AG but they have been at SG since Tuesday.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/news/giddy-and-go-and-go-discounted-transit-day-passes-during-stampede

Giddy up and go and go! Discounted Transit Day Passes during Stampede.

May 31, 2016
Pre-purchase your transit day passes for Stampede week now! You can use this day pass to get anywhere in the city all day long.

Day passes are valid for one full day between July 7-17, 2016.

The special price for Adult day passes is $6.50, (reg. $9.50) and Youth day passes are $4.50 (reg. 6.75).

The transit day passes are available now at our Customer Service Centres, 7-Eleven, Mac’s and Safeway stores.

During the 10 days of Stampede they will also be available through ticket vending machines located at CTrain stations. To validate the pass, scratch the day you are travelling prior to boarding a CTrain or bus.  The pass will be valid until 4 a.m. the following day.

• Like 1