STM 28-XXX buses are here!

stm_5307N

Get your camera's ready!!!! CT Lasalle has just received 28-001 to 28-004!!!! There still wrapped in plastic, but will probably hit the streets any day.... The only thing is that its not known if they are diesel or hybrids yet, and since the front is still in plastic, you cannot tell if they have a redesigned front.

28-003 doing the 106 EB at 16h30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I got the first in service sighting!! EHLALALALALALALALALA!

Get your camera's ready!!!! CT Lasalle has just received 28-001 to 28-004!!!! There still wrapped in plastic, but will probably hit the streets any day.... The only thing is that its not known if they are diesel or hybrids yet, and since the front is still in plastic, you cannot tell if they have a redesigned front.

They're diesel! And they dont have the redesigned fronts! <_<

28-003 doing the 106 EB at 16h30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I got the first in service sighting!! EHLALALALALALALALALA!

They're diesel! And they dont have the redesigned fronts! <_<

Oh well, looks like we got more trash.... I was really hoping that they would have been the hybrids..

wouldnt you be able to tell if its a hybrid if theres an extra tank near the rear of the bus?

Wow, this is enough to wipeout all the older Classic remainder, only leaving the 1993 the oldest.

Yes, but that will not happen. The MCI Classic are the best buses in the STM right now and with all the shortages, the STM needs them in service badly. The worst case is that the remaining 59's and 60 will get canned after school is over this year and maybe all the 11's will go. The 12's will still be around for awhile, even though some are already retired.

As for more news, the hybrids are appearently coming in a few weeks still!! <_< They will be compaired to the 28 series diesel buses. I guess this will determine if the STM will go all hybrids in the future or stick with the new ISL red engine. Yes, the 28-XXX diesels are exactly the same as the 27-5XX buses.

AHHHHHH!!!!! You beat us by 20 minutes Dave! <_<

Me and Matt were warming up inside ANG

♫When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a brand new LFS without a new rear.♫

♫We whistled and shouted and called it by name: "Hey look it's 28-003!"♫

we rushed it and took some quick pics before it drove off towards Monette Lafleur.

We waited for it to come back and got a ride on it....

It's just a continuation of the 27-5's... it picks up where they left off....

Care for some pics anyone?

AHHHHHH!!!!! You beat us by 20 minutes Dave! :)

Me and Matt were warming up inside ANG

♫When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a brand new LFS without a new rear.♫

♫We whistled and shouted and called it by name: "Hey look it's 28-003!"♫

we rushed it and took some quick pics before it drove off towards Monette Lafleur.

We waited for it to come back and got a ride on it....

It's just a continuation of the 27-5's... it picks up where they left off....

Care for some pics anyone?

We both got on it. I sat in the "hot" seat and enjoyed the ride, not the best but it wasn't bad. I found the retarder transmission hilarious, it sounds like someone getting whipped badly 2 times in a row. :P Also, when it takes off it sounds heavily like the Cummins C8.3.

We both got on it. I sat in the "hot" seat and enjoyed the ride, not the best but it wasn't bad. I found the retarder transmission hilarious, it sounds like someone getting whipped badly 2 times in a row. :P Also, when it takes off it sounds heavily like the Cummins C8.3.

Yeah that noise is just great, you're waiting at a red light and you just hear what sounds like these gusts of air shooting out from under the bus. If you sit at the back it's real intense. But oddly enough, the first time I got on a 27-5, there were "3whippings"... guess the whipper got tired! :)

:) THIS IS MY 500th POST!!! :)

Yeah that noise is just great, you're waiting at a red light and you just hear what sounds like these gusts of air shooting out from under the bus. If you sit at the back it's real intense. But oddly enough, the first time I got on a 27-5, there were "3whippings"... guess the whipper got tired! :P
:) THIS IS MY 500th POST!!! :)

That sound could have something to do with the 2007 cetrified engine. I heard the sound y'all described (I think it's the same sound based on the 'gusts of air' description given) on our new D40LFs. A question about the new buses, do they use Cummins ISL 250 hp or 280 hp, and Do they have the ZF Ecomat 2 or 4 transmission?

That sound could have something to do with the 2007 cetrified engine. I heard the sound y'all described (I think it's the same sound based on the 'gusts of air' description given) on our new D40LFs. A question about the new buses, do they use Cummins ISL 250 hp or 280 hp, and Do they have the ZF Ecomat 2 or 4 transmission?

Most Quebec system except few who have a/c rooftop use 250hp and they are using ECOMAT 2 (most likely) due to lower HP design, 5 or 6 speed depending on the transit choice.

Looks like more junk LFS for STM. I really hoped that they would get the redesigned front.

So how many Classics are going to be left in the STM fleet now?

P.S. Yes I like LFS buses, but I have to admit that the old headlight is starting to look ugly.

I'm just thinking those newly styled headlights for few Quebec operators been given due to bike racks, which tend to interfere with the headlights if using the old style. However, that doesn't seem to be the case until more new LFS to be deliver in the future to find out more.

I got 28-002 as my 420 this moring!!! To sum up a ride on this bus... horrible!!! If this bus is a sign of things to come..this is bad news for the STM.. The ride wasn't that great, the bus was extremely loud from the inside and outside. It reminded me of the 1st gens..

I got 28-002 as my 420 this moring!!! To sum up a ride on this bus... horrible!!! If this bus is a sign of things to come..this is bad news for the STM.. The ride wasn't that great, the bus was extremely loud from the inside and outside. It reminded me of the 1st gens..

I'll give you earplugs so you don't hear bad rattles! :mellow: