ETS Centennial Celebration

A. Wong

• 3 weeks later...
Don't forget the association between "THOSE OLD BUSES" and "COMFY SEATS" <_<

Yes, very much so. Those comfy seats do enhance the ride.

If it weren't for those darned 'vandals' out there, we could still have comfy seats on THOSE NEW BUSES'. But no, they had to spoil it so now everybody's hiney has to suffer the wrath of THOSE MCDONALDS SEATS. ;)

The Pin Sets (five pins in a velvet case) depicted in the poster is now available at The City Store. $10.50 (before GST) for the set. 25% off for City Employee with current ID ($7.88 with GST). The City Store also has 100 Transit Anniversary ball caps in PINK for those who swing that way. Pink could be the next black. It's $13.50 (I think). We should all chip in and get one for Douglas :lol:

P.S. The pin set is very nice. The pins are delicate and nicely crafted.

• Board Admin

Guess this is relevant to this thread as well:

There is a LFR with a Centennial wrap - keep your eyes peeled. Saw it while driving and was too far to see the number. Has the same image of the "Please yield to the bus" rear ad on the back, but it doesn't have a rear ad rack of course. It looks similar to this ad, but is the full bus and says something about 100 years and Centennial:

Edmonton_Transit_System_4297.jpg

On Global news, looks like 432 make an appearance at the Home and Garden Show.

They only showed the passenger side, rear half of the bus from a distance.

My mom said it looked like a trolley bus... and it was red and cream... like the one of my wall. However, the one (usually) on the wall outside my room is 432 :lol:

Having been an employee of ETS in 80-84 I remember a bus we called "The Info Bus". This coach was parked in the last row of Westwood for many years. Too many things went on it that coach to mention but does anyone here know the coach I am talking about and was it a Brill? Forgive me as I was only 19 at the time I was a service man there. I will scan some old pics when we had the ETS rodeo.