York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

random question while sitting on the bus:

At miller,

How do drivers know which buses belong to which town?

on the wiki it says some are for Markham some are for R-Hill etc...

is there a specific area for each bus to park

like Row (letter) Spot (number) is for a certain bus and that bus only serves Richmond hill

also, are drivers restrited to just richmond hill or just markham similarly to the buses or allowed to go out for the entirety of the contract area?

random: the Orion V's and VI's are parked in the "to be retired" corner next to woodbine, i don't want to them to go =[

random question while sitting on the bus:

At miller,

How do drivers know which buses belong to which town?

on the wiki it says some are for Markham some are for R-Hill etc...

is there a specific area for each bus to park

like Row (letter) Spot (number) is for a certain bus and that bus only serves Richmond hill

also, are drivers restrited to just richmond hill or just markham similarly to the buses or allowed to go out for the entirety of the contract area?

random: the Orion V's and VI's are parked in the "to be retired" corner next to woodbine, i don't want to them to go =[

The dispatchers know which buses are generally assigned to which group of routes. These are obviously not hard guidelines, seeing the amount of 'Division Violations' that occur on weekends.

When drivers report for their shift, they are told what their bus is, and by parking each bus in its designated spot, it aids the drivers in finding where their bus is located instead of wasting time wandering the yard.

011-014 and 9931-9933 are parked in this area because there is literally no room in the yard (anyone on the 9931 charter will attest to this fact).

011-014 and 9931-9933 are parked in this area because there is literally no room in the yard (anyone on the 9931 charter will attest to this fact).

Indeed, Miller is crammed packed (some of the Vs are parked aside near the main road), as is First Student and Newmarket Veolia. Hence why they are constructing the new Viva facility.

Indeed, Miller is crammed packed (some of the Vs are parked aside near the main road), as is First Student and Newmarket Veolia. Hence why they are constructing the new Viva facility.

Ya but the new viva facility won't help First Student and especially Miller...

And in other news... barring any unforseen issues, Presto will launch on July 18th.

Ya but the new viva facility won't help First Student and especially Miller...

And in other news... barring any unforseen issues, Presto will launch on July 18th.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

10 more days.... FINALLY! No more tickets to carry!!!!

The dispatchers know which buses are generally assigned to which group of routes. These are obviously not hard guidelines, seeing the amount of 'Division Violations' that occur on weekends.

When drivers report for their shift, they are told what their bus is, and by parking each bus in its designated spot, it aids the drivers in finding where their bus is located instead of wasting time wandering the yard.

ahh i see well i thoguht you know they just show up and "pick a bus" which is what the divisions were for but that clears it up alot

and ahh well it's cuz i saw the SLF'S parked there before they were scrapped so i thought they were goin soon...

Presto machine covers along the Highway 7 East corridor have been taken off.

Speaking of YRT and Presto...

The Presto page on yrt.ca changed its title to "Preparing PRESTO for York Region", but the content still displays "this spring". o.O

hey guys, i was riding 333 today on the 4

and i was wondering if anyone knows if something wrong with the gearbox on that bus.

the voith has 4 gears iirc

but i was couting and i only got 3...

1st takes it to like 40

the next takes it to 50

and the last gear shifts at 60

recalling my knowledge about 4 speeds,,

gear 4 should be the 4th gear..

so is it skipping 1 to 3 or

just going 2 to 3

and it was in the drive button not 1,2, or 3

hey guys, i was riding 333 today on the 4

and i was wondering if anyone knows if something wrong with the gearbox on that bus.

the voith has 4 gears iirc

but i was couting and i only got 3...

1st takes it to like 40

the next takes it to 50

and the last gear shifts at 60

recalling my knowledge about 4 speeds,,

gear 4 should be the 4th gear..

so is it skipping 1 to 3 or

just going 2 to 3

and it was in the drive button not 1,2, or 3

This unit is a very slow bus. The gear ratio for some unit takes longer.

There was a townhouse fire in Sutton last night and a VIVA bus was there for the people who are evacuated.

Was riding home tonight on 548 with the bus driver who looks like cam wooly.

Anyways, the presto system was fully active. Sticker removed, machine printing transfers, the works. It has began!

It appears all VivaStations have functional Presto machines now. York U's works, Promenade not so (or rather, it didn't want to get the balance function to work). In your case, you got a functional Presto machine on a bus, but they aren't all functioning (dependant on the driver logging in?). Official rollout is on the 18th.

I'm a student who is looking towards getting a Presto card for YRT.

Should I get one now or later, sometime before September. I am eligible for YRT student fares. I am currently using YRT student tickets (packs of 10)

Was riding home tonight on 548 with the bus driver who looks like cam wooly.

Anyways, the presto system was fully active. Sticker removed, machine printing transfers, the works. It has began!

Transfers are NOT supposed to be printed from the machines until July 18th!!!

well back with me 333 tranny thing

i think it's just an older build of the voith 4 speed and the 4th gear kicks in at 80km/h but don't quote me on that.

can anyone help with these 3 things:

1. on any vanhool when you make any turn greater or equivalent to 90 degrees there's this weird high pitched whine that comes once during the turn and again after you are straightening out... i've been trying to figure it out for a while with no success..

2. there's the chuff chuff noise, especially evident on the AG330'S is that the waste gate releasing the excess turbo pressure?

and finally

3. do the nova's have a retarder that turns on once you let go of the accelerator or is it break activated?