STO and OC Transpo Routes

Cre47

If these changes aren’t implemented, public transit system will demand a property tax increase of at least 5% by 2016 — this represents an additional $145 tax pressure for residents.

Wow, so if understand this correctly: a 5% property tax increase, spread out over 5 years, at 1% per year, well below the rate of inflation? Wow, Ottawa taxpayers have it tough.

Wow, so if understand this correctly: a 5% property tax increase, spread out over 5 years, at 1% per year, well below the rate of inflation? Wow, Ottawa taxpayers have it tough.

But thats on top of all the other increases to adds up if you include it with other tax increases.tax payers, so that 1% increase along with other increases(other services assuming no cuts to those as well) you get a tax increase of perhaps 5% in 20012 $145/year assuming increase don't go up.

So that 1%

But thats on top of all the other increases to adds up if you include it with other tax increases.tax payers, so that 1% increase along with other increases(other services assuming no cuts to those as well) you get a tax increase of perhaps 5% in 20012 $145/year assuming increase don't go up.

So that 1%

I have read that about 10 times, and I still have no idea what Tom is talking about!!!! Any chance you could use punctuation?

I have read that about 10 times, and I still have no idea what Tom is talking about!!!! Any chance you could use punctuation?

Ok I'll try to make it more clear.

the issue was by 2016 taxes would of gone up by 5% just for transit portion of your tax($145) bill not including other taxes for other services.

He stated a 1% increase didn't seem like much, but I said yes that 1% didn't seem like alot, but when added to other tax hikes for water & sewars, roads,etc if that portion is a certain rate your going to pay more. So for an example if all the other services you pay for was a 4% plus that 1% for transit making it a 5% tak hike you would pay $145 or what ever the cost might be for your prperty tax basen 2011. not 2016.

The point is transit cost money to run.

You either pay for it via higher fares, tax increases or both.

The point is if you own property you get nailed twice if you take public transit, once through tax property and the other through fare hikes.

But such is life things go up. Cost of living and such go up.

If you want the same service with no cuts then you either pay up or shut up.(not meant in a disrespetful way).

The point is you can't expect to have excellent bus service and not pay for it.

You either cut service to avoid heft tax increases or large fare hikes.

And yes I know its not fair that we're getting service cuts ,while at the same time we're get tax hikes for transit plus fare hikes.

You've got two choices:

1) Eiother except it(although I know thats hard to except)and except the cuts andd pay more.

or

2) You either car pool, bike or find some other mode of transportation yto your desired location you want to go to.

I'm not saying its perfect, but what can yopu really do? People voiced their opition to the cuts, and true some "minor" changes where made, but most of the cuts went throuhgh.

BTW expect a bus strike later this fall/early ewinter.

If contract talks are going the same way our union is going through with the city, it doesn't look good for OC.

http://www.sto.ca/actus_vie/automne_quartier_plateau_e.html

http://www.sto.ca/nouvelles/communique/110427_1_f.html (French only)

Unlike OC Transpo, STO will actually improve service this fall.

New Route 24 will be added for the eastern Aylmer section (Pink and Prado) with slight route changes to routes 25 and 26.

Routes 49, 51 and 52 will have a new terminus at a Park and Ride at Hwy 148 and Eardley

Other routes will have increased trips such as routes 31, 35, 46, 49, 52, 59, 67 and 94.

I'm surprised the STO doesn't have at least one route thats 24/ hours?

I'm nopt saying they shouldhave many routes but at least one tht goes from AQlymer sector all tthe way to other side. It doesn't have to be every 10mins but at least 1 hour would be good?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised the STO doesn't have at least one route thats 24/ hours?

I'm nopt saying they shouldhave many routes but at least one tht goes from AQlymer sector all tthe way to other side. It doesn't have to be every 10mins but at least 1 hour would be good?

Considering Ottawa, a city with 4 times the population of Gatineau, got a 24 hour route just two years ago. I'd say Gatineau is a long way off. That and if you've driven around Gatineau past midnight, which is when transit service stops. You'll notice that it's ghost town. I've done this drive many times. So all that STO would be servicing is ghosts, unlike Ottawa which even if you drive to an area that is not serviced by a 24 hour route (for example, Montreal Road the entire length that the 12 services), you'll still see people walking down it at 3 in the morning.

So again, I'd say Gatineau is a long way off from getting a 24 hour route. Just not enough night action there yet to warrant any transit services past midnight.

In fact Gatineau is so much a ghost town, I've been pulled over by their police numerious times and questioned as to why I am driving at this hour. Probably because I was the only car on the road. That never happens on this side of the River, since there is lots of other traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Some additional changes to the plans

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ottawa/T...3486/story.html

OC Transpo adjusts ‘network optimization’ plans

17 routes affected

By Joanne Chianello May 18, 2011 OTTAWA — OC Transpo has tweaked — for the third time — the route changes scheduled to take place this September in order to help alleviate the inconvenience for some passengers, the transit commission heard Wednesday morning.

OC Transpo managers Alain Mercier and Pat Scrimgeour gave the commission an oral update on the “network optimization” plan that is supposed to save the city about $20 million once the changes are implemented after Labour Day.

Among the biggest challenges, said Mercier, are setting the new schedule and redesigning the online travel planner. On OC Transpo’s website, the travel planner helps passengers figure out how to get from Point A to Point B, including telling users exactly which bus to take and when, in order to get where they’re going on time. Mercier said that OC Transpo plans to make the travel planner for the new transit route system “live” before the actual route changes take place, “so that people can take a virtual tour” of the new system.

The following are the routes that have been adjusted since the last transit commission meeting on April 20:

Route 5 – Will continue to serve Main, Riverdale, and Billings Bridge Station

Route 6 – Will continue to operate under this number

Route 18 – Will operate via Queen Mary and Quill

Route 65 – Retained, with three morning trips and three afternoon trips

Route 68 – Will continue to operate via Campeau

Routes 87/140 – All trips will operate via the Canada Post roadway

Route 112 (115) – Limited service from Heron Park to Billings Bridge Station

Route 116 – All trips extended to Merivale/Viewmount

Route 118 – Special Sunday trip to churches on Prince of Wales north of Heron

Route 132 – All trips extended to Jeanne d’Arc/Innes

Route 140 – All trips extended to Hurdman Station

Route 152 (166) – A limited service from Crystal Beach to Bells Corners

Route 157 – All trips will operate along MacFarlane, Amberwood

Route 164 – Monday to Friday evening trips through Glen Cairn area

Route 165 – Scrapped

Route 175 – Limited number of midday and evening trips will be retained

Route 182 – Trips to Herzberg extended to Schneider/Carling

© Copyright © The Ottawa Citizen

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Transpo+adjus...l#ixzz1MjvfxhR0

Same time, the Canada Day timetables are online with the extra trips late night and also throughout the day on routes 1, 2, 7, 8, 85, 86, 94, 95, 96, 97 and 98 but oddly not route 12. Route 94 will run the entire length until late night every 40 mins towards Barrhaven, every 20 mins to Baseline

Also, starting in lare June two trips will be added on route 94 towards Orleans in the early morning from Tunney's and one AM peak trip from Orleans towards downtown. That's the only change I've seen so far.

Like I've did with OC Transpo, I've decided to throw in some ideas for the STO network. Note, the changes are not that drastic with a lot of local routes remaines unchanged for the most part.

1: No routing change, although in a year or two double the number of trips due to the future Chelsea Creek development. The two extra trips would start in Old Chelsea (Exit 13 of A-5). Frequency would 30-40 minutes in Old Chelsea. Would be re-routed onto the Rapibus from Freeman and points south

5: Add one trip in each direction due to eventual future development in parts of Cantley and along des Erables. Would be re-routed to the Rapibus from Freeman and points south

6: Re-routed via the Rapibus from Freeman and points south

11: No changes, although I was considering this route on exiting A-5 at Maisonneuve and cross to Ottawa via Portage to avoid gridlock on the MacDonald-Cartier Bridge. The 30-series routes detour via that bridge almost seems to be permanent.

17: No changes, but as above considering exiting A-5 in the morning via Maisonneuve

19: Would be limited peak-period trips that would replace the current 20 as the latter would use the Rapibus.

20: Would be re-routed to travel on the Rapibus instead of St-Joseph and La Carriere. The local routing would replaced by routes 19 and new trips on route 38. Once more businesses would be built on Boul de la Technologie, the route would be extended. Depending on the schedules of those workplaces, it might use a similar schedule to the current Census route 10.

21: Would be re-routed on the Rapibus from Montclair to Freeman

22: No changes to the route

23: Eventual future route that would be created on the western fringes of the Plateau neighborhood closer to D'Arcy Mc-Gee school and Vanier Road. Would be using des Allumettieres like routes 25 and 26.

24: New Route (actually it will start this Fall), providing direct routing to the UQO campus, though I would extend further west possibly start at the same point as Route 23 and potentially adding midday trips every 30 minutes as well in both directions, so avoid expanding further route 39. Route 49 would provide weekend service in the area.

25: Re-routing some of the newer development further west on Le Plateau Blvd.

26: Eventual future extension to future neighborhoods on the north side of Pink Road. The route would continue on des Grives once this road is extended north of Pink though it would still run on de la Brise as current. It would only removed the section of De la Montagne Road closer to Pink Road, though Route 48 would still run on that stretch. At least 2-3 trips to be added

27: Re-routed via the Rapibus from Freeman on south. Increased to every 10 minutes at busiest periods

28: No changes

29: No changes

* 30: Direct Freeman-Ottawa trips via the Rapibus

31: Increase peak PM peak frequency to every 10 minutes, increase evenings and Sunday frequencies to every 30 minutes. Weekend runs starting at 6 AM

33: Increase midday frequency to every 15 minutes on the Freeman-Ottawa stretch on weekdays. Increase PM peak frequency to every 7/8 minutes from Freeman to Ottawa, with every 4th trip ending at les Promenades. No changes on the CEGEP trips. Evening and Sunday frequency increased to every 30 minutes and weekend runs starting at 6 AM. Hourly runs to les Promenades on Sundays added on similar hours than on Saturdays

35: No changes

36: Would run every 30 minutes on weekdays only from 7 AM to 7 PM

37: Would run every 30 minutes during middays but combined with the 36 which has the same routing except the Hull Hospital portion, the 36-37 routing will have 15-minute frequency. Ottawa bound-evening trips would run every 30 minutes at 6-10 PM.

38: Would run every 30 minutes instead of the current 20 as the 36-37 route has a lot more ridership. More peak period trips will be added though to replace route 20 along St-Joseph and the route will end at 9 PM

39: Would every runnning every 30 minutes on the weekends on earlier times and every 15 minutes during peak periods. Added 11 PM Sunday trip from Freeman as the current last departure time on Sunday to Ottawa is too early.

40: Re-routing when on the north side of the 148 when new street are built.

41: No changes, other than starting at the new park and ride at Eardley and Hwy 148.

42: Direct route from the New Park and Ride at Highway 148 and Eardley, travelling along Highway 148/des Allumettieres towards downtown.

44: No changes

45: No changes

46: No changes

47: Slight re-routing through a small neighborhood on the north side of Vanier Road

48: No changes, but like Routes 11 and 17, considered exiting A-5 at Maisonneuve in the morning.

49: Removed from Vanier and Pink once Le Plateau Blvd and other streets are completed/built. During peak periods would served the neighborhood on the south side of Aylmer Road east of Vanier Road. On weekends route will end at around 10-11 PM. With future development, it might be increased to every 30 minutes on Saturdays.

* 50: This will be the main Rapibus line from Aylmer to its eastern end on the Gatineau sector. The Aylmer portion will be subject of changes depending on where this stretch of Rapibus will be built. If the corridor is near Aylmer Road, route 57 might act as the main Rapibus route

51: Starting at Eardley and Hwy 148

52: Starting at Eardley and Hwy 148

53: No changes

54: No changes

55 (Possible): Would replace the section of route 57 east of the UQO if route 57 becomes the main Rapibus route. Would still start at Rivermead.

57: No route changes, unless if the Aylmer Rapibus is built on the Aylmer Road corridor

58: No changes

59: No changes

* 60: Rapibus route that would run from Freeman to the Gatineau sector

62: Limited peak period trips to industrial park area north of Greber

63: No changes except adding some weekday evening trips until retail closing time at les Promenades

64: Fix the weekday trip times, so to run regularly every 30 minutes, up to 15 during peak periods.

65: No changes

66: Extended in the future in the new neighborhood north of Des Erables towards Highway 307. Add Sunday trips similar to Saturday schedule

67: No changes

68: Add midday trips between the Hull CEGEP campus to les Promenades, the route would use the Rapibus instead of A-5/A-50

69: Peak-period trips to Ottawa from Pointe-Gatineau replacing route 82

* 70: Direct all-day route to Ottawa from Gatineau sector via Rapibus. Some peak period trips would be extended further east to serve the industrial sector near the Gatineau Airport

71: No changes to routing

72: No changes

74: Route eliminated, all trips converted to route 96

76: Earlier Sunday trips added

77: No changes

78: Small re-routing to serve development north of Saint-Rene/Cheval Blanc

79: Gradual increase once development near La Verendrye/Lorrain and north of Hwy 50 permits. Route might eventually be extended to Ottawa via the Rapibus from Labrosse or Lorrain

80: Re-routed to the Rapibus from La Gappe

81: Re-routed to the Rapibus from Greber

82: Re-routed to the Rapibus from Boul la Cite. Section south of Maloney Blvd replaced by route 69

83: Re-routed to the Rapibus from Greber

84: Re-routed to the Rapibus from Maloney/Labrosse

85: Re-routed to the Rapibus from Greber

86: Re-Routed to the Rapibus from La Gappe

87: Re-routed to the Rapibus from La Gappe. Extended to the newer developments north of des Erables towards Hwy 307. Added 3 trips in each direction.

88: Re-routed to the Rapibus from Lorrain

89: Re-routed to the Rapibus from Saint-Louis/La Gappe

90: Re-Routed to the Rapibus from Montee Paiement or La Cite Blvd

94: Re-Routed to the Rapibus at Lorrain

96: Would cover all route 74 trips. Route will run every hour on weekends as well from 7 AM to 12 AM on Saturday and from 9 AM to 11 PM or 12 AM on Sundays. Route would also be straighten up a bit in Buckingham

98: Would be re-routed to the Rapibus at Lorrain. In Buckingham route will be split in half. Will serve the section west of the Lievre River

99: Would serve the section east of the Lievre River in Buckingham. Will enter the Rapibus at Lorrain.

300: No changes

• 2 weeks later...

STO summer schedules are posted, no real changes although the one afternoon trip on route 33 towards Ottawa that starts at the CEGEP at 15:32 now starts at Freeman at 15:20, but that might be only temporary for during the Census period since buses depart the office at 15:10 and 15:22 so they've probably extended the trip to facilitate connections with the 10 unless its a typo mistake.

This minor change directly affects me as it will take me 20 minutes less for the afternoon commute.

The 10 will run on the two statutory holidays (on June 24 and July 1). June 24 on the regular weekday schedule and July 1 on the Sunday schedule. The August 1 schedule will be the regular weekday one as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried that new route 33 trip at 15:20 this afternoon and it saved me 20 minutes versus my usual routing which was the 15:45 trip of route 39. Could have been earlier if the 15:07 trip would have waited for the 15:10 trip of the 10. Same thing happened with the 15:22 route 10 trip. The bus I was on, didn't wait for the 10 although the one person that would have probably benefited from this was riding her bike today.

And yes they need to do something with the 15:10 trip of route 10. Always crammed, each and every day, there was barely enough space to fit everyone and the fact it was a low-floor bus (less seats) didn't help but yet even with a HF bus it was still crammed. One friend of mine who has been using that same trip for about a month said she is always standing on the aisle all the way to TDC - well the fact she is working at the back of the 2nd level as opposed to me on the ground level almost near the lockers area doesn't help. Also apparently some are racing to get in line and she basically resigned herself of doing the trip standing up instead of a comfortable seat. It's a shame that those on the 2nd floor are penalized because of those on the ground who are racing towards the exits. Same for the motorists that are heading towards A-5 or probably in a few cases Aylmer. Since, I'm getting out now at either the Hautes-Plaines/A-5 stop or Freeman, I don't mind been 5-10 standing up and actually it would be better since I wouldn't wrestle through the crowd to reach the doors. Starting today, the commute will be much shorter in the afternoon.

I did suggest her to try the 33 which would probably mean a same arrival time if we catch the 15:07 route 33 maybe a few minutes later if it was the 15:20 trip. That would mean no more standing room for 30 minutes (only for 5 or less) and school is off now until September, no more of those kids from Mont-Bleu.

I had suggested in this forum to move the 15:22 trip to accommodate the brouhaha of the 15:10 shift. Maybe since many are from Aylmer, to extend one AM, one round trip and one evening trip of route 49 with those ending at Eardley and Hwy 148 following the peak routing of route 49.

• 4 weeks later...

Still standing room on that infamous 15:10 route 10 trip though some days it wasn't too bad though. Also it's been the third day in a row that I have been able to catch the 15:15 trip of route 39 at Freeman. Generally it takes 7 minutes (not 10 as said in the schedules) to go from the start to Freeman.

Good day folks,

Does anyone know the routing of C96 Stittsville bound?

Uhhh... Checking the schedule, there is no C96. There is D96 which travels via the 417 towards Blair during the AM. That, or there is something internally in the schedule that I don't know about.

I saw a C96 Stittsville yesterday on Hazeldean. It looks like they changed the sign to go along with the Sept 4 changes. If you look at the map for after Sept 4 you'll see a D96 and C96. Though I can't seem to understand with the purpose of C96 is.

From my understanding C96 Will bypass Terry fox/Kanata town center in the Am to speed up commuter travel time to dwntwn

Also route 97's extension to Bells Corners will have the same service level that the 96 had when it was extended to Sttitsville (No service after Midnight with 30 mins mid day service Monday to Sat and no service after 6pm on Sunday with hourly service mid day)

Just noticed on the new system map that the 101 and 106 are shown in black and the 102 in red instead of the red and white like the other BRT routes. And they are no longer shown like the 90-series under the station names. Not that there are really BRT routes anyways. Actually I still don't understand why they've designated the 106 as a BRT route in 2008 - like the old 85 was going from Hurdman to Smyth too and actually much more Transitway stretch then the 106.

Meanwhile I do like the grey designation for some of the routes, although it should have designated for the regular routes that also doesn't/will not run on Saturdays and/or Sundays i.e 101, 150, 151, 171, 173, etc. and stretches of one route that don't serve on the weekend i.e routes 9, 12, 85 for example

Still with route 10, sounds like it will run until late-October according to the Plani-Bus instead of mid-August

It is not said on the route 10 schedule itself, but I've looked at the route 33 schedule and the extra trips they've added for connections with the 10. It gives this footnote: "b Trip available until end of october, special service offered for Statistique Canada"

Or maybe they'll keep those trips until a booking change.