Today's Sightings

Ok I have a weird sighting for you guys.

25-201 was seen on the 102 Somerled last night around 8pm.

I saw the front of the bus passing and saw the front destination, then saw the side, and then saw as it waited at a traffic light, but the rear of the bus said Hors-Service. Now, I had first assumed that the driver had switched to Hors-Service and HLP to Vendome, but that didn't sound right, he was full of passengers, so I went over to the red light and looked at the side of the bus and it said 102, then looked at the back again and it said Hors-Service and was rotating Desole --- Hors Service as normal... Now that freaked me out, with the side and front with one destination and the rear with a totally different one!

If you would be walking up to the bus from behind, you would never know it was a 102, let alone in service. If you were going to catch that 102, you would never know it had passed!

Saw STL 0808 and 0815 at Henri-Bourassa Metro at around 20:15 tonight

0815 was on the STL:55 route.

Alex

Yesterday I saw 0809, 0811, 12, 13 16-18. I wonder how many they've ordered?

Oh, saw 6009 on 43.

Lots of Classics were out today, and many FR buses were in LA territory.

15-081 going west along Sherbrooke at 3:50pm near Victoria.

12-056, 12-042, 12-035 were all on the 24 going west between 3:40 to 3:50

12-078 was parked at Guy about to start the 535 NB.

12-078 was later doing the 139 tonight.

17-132 was doing the 94 this morning wtih the Biobus sticker. Recently rebuilt and repainted 14-169 has this too.

14-047 as Hors-Service on Jarry this morning.

12-047 and 12-037 were on the 24X, going west at 3:40pm

12-048 was on the 15, at 6pm leaving Atwater.

The new BioBus stickers are now being attached to FR buses, it's the same logo but the green is lighter.

15083 as it's written on the back.

12-042 was on the 90 leaving Atwater at 5:15pm

12-047 and 12-037 were on the 24X, going west at 3:40pm

12-048 was on the 15, at 6pm leaving Atwater.

The new BioBus stickers are now being attached to FR buses, it's the same logo but the green is lighter.

15083 as it's written on the back.

12-042 was on the 90 leaving Atwater at 5:15pm

Thought I saw that on the 150 Saturday! It was 17-XXX .

At 15:42 today I saw that white New Look with the "graffiti" on its side going westbound on Henri Bourassa passing in front of the Metro station. Couldn't catch the number.

I assume it must be that "Rego-bus" or whatever it's called: the same one I've seen parked on the Legendre garage property, which I presume is where it is serviced.

I know nothing about this bus, and seeing as many of you are New Look enthusiasts, what's the lowdown on it?

At 15:42 today I saw that white New Look with the "graffiti" on its side going westbound on Henri Bourassa passing in front of the Metro station. Couldn't catch the number.

I assume it must be that "Rego-bus" or whatever it's called: the same one I've seen parked on the Legendre garage property, which I presume is where it is serviced.

I know nothing about this bus, and seeing as many of you are New Look enthusiasts, what's the lowdown on it?

The "Rechaud-Bus" was probably going out for the evening supper run to feed the needy.

Hey, thanks for that, I didn't poke around their site long enough to notice they had a schedule. I've always wanted to witness it in action, and get a few pics of course, that calendar should definitely help!

Saw it again today at 16:03 heading east on the Metropolitain near Papineau.

I presume this New Look will be up for grabs by restoration-minded fan groups should it become available at some future point?

I heard the STM will be sending it direct to scrap.

There's not much original left in this bus. The seats are gone, and the interior has been modified to a point that it wouldn't ever be the same as it was back in service... And the STM has probably not been maintaining it all that well, so the structure and mechanics will need a lot of work as well. The FHTCQ possibly at one time was looking into acquiring this vehicle, but instead we're looking for a more recent bus, perhaps an MCI Classic... (Certainly not a NovaLFS!!! --- Atleast not a Montreal NovaLFS)

I spotted 17-035 (or 36) arriving at Cote-Vertu this evening as 215X at 23:45

From the looks of the scheule it seems like the 23:15 departure from Fairview. As it does the entire route, why was this a 215X? Driver error?

Alex

Not sure why drivers do that, I've seen quite a few times around 10pm, a "106X Newman"... Certainly there are no schools finishing at that time... It must be one of those random driver things that they do.

Tons of LFS's now have the green Telus top ad wrap with small little green animal feet prints going down the middle. I got 16-061 on the 105 with this and another 22 series LFS on the 105 had it as well.

Tons is right, a good number of LS and SL buses have this, haven't noticed if it's anywhere else. For a while it seemed as if it was 1st gen exclusive, then many 2nd gens starting getting them.

To be noted is that it is not a Telus wrap per-say, but for the "diabetes" walk, which telus is sponsoring.

In contrast, there have been NO Montreal Musuem Day ads on buses this year, a first for a long while!

Tons is right, a good number of LS and SL buses have this, haven't noticed if it's anywhere else. For a while it seemed as if it was 1st gen exclusive, then many 2nd gens starting getting them.

To be noted is that it is not a Telus wrap per-say, but for the "diabetes" walk, which telus is sponsoring.

RTL has the same wrap and it also seems that they are mostly found on first gen which never come out outside rush hours. 9-602 & 9-627 are among them. The only two 2nd gens with that wrap are 2-0210 & 2-0215 but I think they're off the road. I always see them parked outside the garage. Therefore this wrap doesn't get much visibility.

While riding the 45 to go downtown this afternoon, I noticed the Future Shop wrap is back at RTL. Saw 20702 with this wrap on the left top side of the bus.

I spotted 17-035 (or 36) arriving at Cote-Vertu this evening as 215X at 23:45

From the looks of the scheule it seems like the 23:15 departure from Fairview. As it does the entire route, why was this a 215X? Driver error?

Alex

215X at this hour is an industrial injection EB beginning from, as I recall from Pyerre, H-Bourassa/Halpern. It is unscheduled. Buses at this time tend to be crushloaded after the 3-11pm shift workers end their day. The 177 and 215 cannot cope, and that's why there is an unscheduled X.

78-007 is no longer an artsy fartsy trailer car anymore... thank God...

Lot's of pseudo wraps on the MR-63 fleet including Bell beavers (identitcal to wrap on T-1s in Toronto), Axe, and Samsung. Samsung's wraps incorporate the metro fleet vehicle number in them... pretty cool!

Yesterday 13-009 was my ride home on the 214, heavily vandalized at the back... what a bunch of pigs

I forgot to mention that 21-242 was on the 90 yesterday, maybe LaSalle now can claim a 21 series bus!

16-086 this PM rush at Terminus Cote Vertu got changed off by a driver; a mechanic came to her rescue with 22-328. 22-339 blue lights was my 216 ride home, only 3 passengers on the last trip, I was the first to get off, no one got on after the metro!

Rode route 175 from end to end today for the first time (on a Classic), starting at 15:00 from the Bois de Liesse Park (very nice, peaceful place) and arriving du College Metro at 15:35.

The bus filled up with passengers as we went along through this mostly industrial park route. Made good speed with just the usual trailer-truck traffic until we reached that stinking Cote de Liesse from Dalton Road where the usual eastbound bumper-to-bumper mess began. Arrgh! This must be the worst street in town to work if you need to get in and out in a hurry. Forget it! Hasn't changed in 50 effin years, either! If only they'd connect that blasted Cavendish Blvd.! What a huge difference it would make! Those #$%@&* politicians!

Didn't they make the Cote de Liesse inside lane a diamond lane exclusively for busses a few years back? I swear they did. Maybe the paint wore off! At any rate, we finally turned off onto Authier away from that nonsense and on to the Metro. Wheee!

The only incident was a near miss when some stupid driver of a Canada Post truck nearly backed right into us from a driveway onto St . François. The lady bus driver gave him a long horn blast!