CTrain - U2 cars

Spotted multiple U2s on the 201. I know one consist had 2011 in it.

Sorry guys but spotting U2s doing what they normally do everyday, I don't think it's worth reading and posting. Unless it's a special spotting like a breakdown, incident or something of that nature, we should be posting that instead.

Sorry but these normal everyday spotings are kinda getting on my nerves:wacko:

And by all means I am not mocking anybody on this board.

Anybody agree with that?

Sorry guys but spotting U2s doing what they normally do everyday, I don't think it's worth reading and posting. Unless it's a special spotting like a breakdown, incident or something of that nature, we should be posting that instead.

Anybody agree with that?

You took the words right out of my mouth. Its not like U2's haven't ran on the 202 before the west LRT opened and now they are a regular sight on it once again.

Anybody agree with that?

Agreed, as mentioned in another thread, there is little point posting about vehicles that are regularly in service and not at risk of being removed from revenue service in the near future.

Thanks for bringing that up!

So question based on the above. Once Tuscany opens will that mean that they will use only SD160's on the 201 and relegate the U2's to the 202.

I realize that there is a difference between a new line and a new station.

So question based on the above. Once Tuscany opens will that mean that they will use only SD160's on the 201 and relegate the U2's to the 202.

I realize that there is a difference between a new line and a new station.

I must be missing something here, I don't quite follow your logic with that one. Care to explain please?

I must be missing something here, I don't quite follow your logic with that one. Care to explain please?

I think he means that since there's a new station, the newer cars will be used. Unless you meant otherwise, D40LF.

Sorry Kevin, have been sick the last few days so my mind is a little foggy lately (more so than usual!) :P

My post was a bit of a tongue in cheek post, but what I was trying to get at was that when the West LRT opened they put the new trains on it and stuck the older trains on the 201. So will do this when the new Tuscany station opens and only use the SD160's on the 201?

Sorry Kevin, have been sick the last few days so my mind is a little foggy lately (more so than usual!) :P

My post was a bit of a tongue in cheek post, but what I was trying to get at was that when the West LRT opened they put the new trains on it and stuck the older trains on the 201. So will do this when the new Tuscany station opens and only use the SD160's on the 201?

Ah I get it now :lol: Haha, just maybe! It's okay, thanks for clearing that up :)

A photo of 2016-2045-2073 on the 202 (taken around 9:15 AM yesterday), arriving at City Hall bound for 69th Street:

Cu5MA1e.jpg

And here's a video of a ride inside #2045 from Downtown West-Kerby to Westbrook:

#2047 just passéd through 39th Avenue as a single car...

That would be me in a training car. 6 training keys (2 operator training, 2 electro mechanic training, 2 rulebook) today so these single cars are very common and will be for the next few weeks. 4 keys all next week. 6 the following week.

That would be me in a training car. 6 training keys (2 operator training, 2 electro mechanic training, 2 rulebook) today so these single cars are very common and will be for the next few weeks. 4 keys all next week. 6 the following week.

Wow, really? I wasn't expecting that to be you, heh.

Anyways, I saw #2005 (with the non-slip floor) arriving at Somerset-Bridlewood this morning at 8:37 AM, going Out Of Service. I got a photo from the outside, and I quickly sneaked into and back out of it to get a quick interior photo before it deadheaded away.

8819732386_c6714243fc.jpg

#2005 at Somerset-Bridlewood by TheNicholasBlonski, on Flickr

8809148255_17bc3e176b.jpg

#2005's interior by TheNicholasBlonski, on Flickr

Wow, really? I wasn't expecting that to be you, heh.

It appears outbound. So i actually would have been standing at the front left door, as i drove NB only today. I actually recall the building crowd at the 201 stop in the rain and seeing the bus round the corner when we crossed 39 avenue.

It appears outbound. So i actually would have been standing at the front left door, as i drove NB only today. I actually recall the building crowd at the 201 stop in the rain and seeing the bus round the corner when we crossed 39 avenue.

So you planning to be a LRT driver? It that's the case , that would be pretty awesome. More fan of the bus operators though. :P

So you planning to be a LRT driver? It that's the case , that would be pretty awesome. More fan of the bus operators though. :P

I am already in training for LRT. Aced rulebook 2 weeks ago and started mainline training Monday.

As for me, I don't intend on it being a long term thing. I'll be back to bus eventually. I plan to do trains for at least the minimum 2 years, as long as i graduate of course, and i'll probably opt off when i can sign on the bus work i prefer (weekend work, pm rush/late night splits) in 2-3 years. Only problem is once i'm off trains, its hard to get back on if i so choose. Long term, i'd rather bus just because of the variety of shifts available and the ability to get what i need signup wise is more likely long term. Short term its the simple fact of i'm not getting any younger so what is really 2 years of wild scheduling on LRT for higher guaranteed hours and more money?

A little off topic but so far so good. All we have driven are single car u2s and we move to 3 car consists tuesday and wednesday before series 5 on thursday so it'll be a good journey.

A little off topic but so far so good. All we have driven are single car u2s and we move to 3 car consists tuesday and wednesday before series 5 on thursday so it'll be a good journey.

It seems pretty decent. I always thought about driving LRV's when I finish school or even working at SG or Oliver Brown fixing LRV's or Buses. So your done with being a bus operator? for now at least? The jobs seem to be fun and interesting.

I know this is off topic. LOL

It seems pretty decent. I always thought about driving LRV's when I finish school or even working at SG or Oliver Brown fixing LRV's or Buses. So your done with being a bus operator? for now at least? The jobs seem to be fun and interesting.

I know this is off topic. LOL

There are alot of politics behind it but technically, until the completion of training, i am off bus. After i graduate, its a matter of when i get activated on train and how many guys are behind me. On any given day, the bottom 5 operators on the LRT spareboard can have either LRT or bus work. But between the time i graduate and i get activated (sounds like stampede), ill be on bus.

There are alot of politics behind it but technically, until the completion of training, i am off bus. After i graduate, its a matter of when i get activated on train and how many guys are behind me. On any given day, the bottom 5 operators on the LRT spareboard can have either LRT or bus work. But between the time i graduate and i get activated (sounds like stampede), ill be on bus.

I'm sure you were made aware of this but i'll mention it anyway.

You will become a contingency operator before you become activated, activated means you will be able to sign on train work, a contingency LRT operator can bounce from bus work to LRT work on a week to week baises. For example, if you have signed bus work and you are a contingent LRT operator, dispatch will pull your bus work place it on a weekly or TFN spare bus work and you will be put on LRT spareboard for as long as they need you. You will then train be allowed to bid on weekly train bids as long as you are contingent LRT operator for that week. You will become activated as per sinority, and I can guarantee you will be working on trains for Stampede and for the next few months to come.

Good luck to you, you will do just fine in LRT.... it's a blast!

Saw lots of U2's on the 202 today. Got photos of:

#2054-2025-2053 arriving at 8th Street W bound for Saddletowne:

r5R2AQ0.jpg

#2054-2025-2053 at Marlborough:

sIdnXPQ.jpg

#2054-2025-2053 leaving Marlborough:

QwShroR.jpg

rvLud7P.jpg

#2032-2002-2083 at Calgary Zoo:

hG8UGLp.jpg

#2032-2002-2083 leaving Calgary Zoo:

mZI7lRc.jpg