The Official Laval Metro Extension Thread

David D.

Montmorency direction panels were installed yesterday at Henri-Bourassa ONLY.

So were Terminus Henri-Bourassa nord direction panels. Terminus Laval is now a thing of the past.

I was outside Montmorency station today and a caterer's van was parked outside. I think the Laval metro was inaugurated on Wednesday by VIPs.

I saw on the STM website that the inauguration wil be held today.

Inauguration ceremonies

On April 26, the ministère des Transports du Québec (MTQ), the cities of Montréal and Laval, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT, the Société de transport de Laval (STL) and the Société de transport de Montréal (STM) will officially inaugurate the three new Montréal métro stations in Laval.

From the STM website

I saw on the STM website that the inauguration wil be held today.

From the STM website

Yes Martin is correct. I just got back from Henri-Bourassa, and it looked like it was definitly done today, there were still some people on the new platform when my train entered the old (For those that don't know u can see the new platform from the new switch just before u enter the old platform).That's when i saw there were some people still hanging around.

Boy do i have some amazing pics I will post later tonight of Something WAY COOL at Henri-Bourassa! And im not talking about the Montmorency panels either!

I just watched on the news and they just said that the STM and STL are NOT free this weekend, only if you board at the 3 new stations it will be free. But I'm sure I heard that officially the entire STM network and STL network would be free during the weekend. Am I missing something or did CTV mess up again?

I just watched on the news and they just said that the STM and STL are NOT free this weekend, only if you board at the 3 new stations it will be free. But I'm sure I heard that officially the entire STM network and STL network would be free during the weekend. Am I missing something or did CTV mess up again?

CTV messed up BIG TIME! In fact, they're starting to get on my nerves..

ITS ALL FREE BOTH DAYS EVERYTHING FROM EVERYWHERE, All STL and STM.

Read the official press releases, both on STL and STM site. Says absolutley NOTHING about it only being from the 3 stations, tht makes no sense.

In fact, can u do me a favor and send CTV a strongley worded email about how they should learn to get their facts straight about this...

It gets worse, 940 News said the metro opens late saturday, WTH are they talking about LATE? Try 5h24AM!

Sometimes i wonder about the media here in Montreal :P

All i have to say is thank god for official info on official sites!

CTV messed up BIG TIME! In fact, they're starting to get on my nerves..

ITS ALL FREE BOTH DAYS EVERYTHING FROM EVERYWHERE, All STL and STM.

Read the official press releases, both on STL and STM site. Says absolutley NOTHING about it only being from the 3 stations, tht makes no sense.

In fact, can u do me a favor and send CTV a strongley worded email about how they should learn to get their facts straight about this...

It gets worse, 940 News said the metro opens late saturday, WTH are they talking about LATE? Try 5h24AM!

Sometimes i wonder about the media here in Montreal :P

All i have to say is thank god for official info on official sites!

Thank you, I'm glad you straightened that out. I'm sure if the press would have attended the official press launch today they would be able to answer correctly. Speaking of that, I'm sure it will be on the news today. I saw the preview on the news this morning, and I'm sure there will be lots of video on that tonight, though I wouldn't take too much care on what the news says, since they have a pretty bad track accuracy record.

UPDATE!! BREAKING NEWS!

The fun just DOESN'T STOP everybody!

GET THIS!!!!!!! (This is unbelievable!!!)

The AMT will be running the Saint-Jerome train line this Saturday and Sunday special depatures and it's all FREE FREE FREE!!!! :P:lol::P

Holy crap!! I am litterally STUNNED!

Please remember the terminus is Gare De La Concorde and it does not go into Montreal, Saint-Jerome to De La Concorde and vise-versa.

WEEK-END PORTES OUVERTES DANS LES STATIONS DE MÉTRO À LAVAL

LE TRAIN DE BANLIEUE OFFERT GRATUITEMENT ENTRE SAINT-JÉRÔME ET LAVAL LES 28 ET 29 AVRIL

Montréal, le 26 avril 2007 - L’Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) est heureuse d’offrir un service de trains de banlieue spécial et gratuit entre la gare Saint-Jérôme et la nouvelle gare de la Concorde (Laval) les 28 et 29 avril prochains dans le cadre de l’événement Portes ouvertes dans les stations de métro à Laval.

Ce train spécial permettra aux citoyens de la couronne nord et de Laval de se rendre facilement et en tout confort à la nouvelle station de métro de la Concorde afin de visiter les nouvelles installations du métro à Laval. L’AMT se joint ainsi à la gratuité des transports collectifs qui prévaudra ce week-end à Laval et à Montréal.

Le train spécial offert par l’AMT circulera selon l’horaire suivant le samedi 28 avril ainsi que le dimanche 29 avril :

EN DIRECTION DE LA GARE DE LA CONCORDE

Gare Saint-Jérôme 9:00 11:10 13:50 16:00

Gare Blainville 9:19 11:29 14:09 16:19

Gare Sainte-Thérèse 9:29 11:39 14:19 16:29

Gare Rosemère 9:33 11:43 14:23 16:33

Gare Sainte-Rose 9:38 11:48 14:28 16:38

Gare Vimont 9:42 11:52 14:32 16:42

Gare de la Concorde (métro de la Concorde) 9:50 12:00 14:40 16:50

EN DIRECTION DE LA GARE SAINT-JÉRÔME

Gare de la Concorde (métro de la Concorde) 10:05 12:15 14:55 17:05

Gare Vimont 10:12 12:22 15:02 17:12

Gare Sainte-Rose 10:17 12:27 15:07 17:17

Gare Rosemère 10:21 12:31 15:11 17:21

Gare Sainte-Thérèse 10:26 12 :36 15:16 17:26

Gare Blainville 10:36 12:46 15:26 17:36

Gare Saint-Jérôme 10:55 13:05 15:45 17:55

UPDATE AGAIN!

The STL decided to add more departures come this Monday and will be in effect Monday through Friday's starting Monday April 30, all in an effort to further improve the bus service to and from the new metro stations.

La Société de transport de Laval est heureuse d'annoncer l'ajout de départs, du lundi au vendredi seulement, le tout afin de faciliter les déplacements de sa clientèle. Cet ajout de service, aux horaires réguliers, sera en vigueur dès le 30 avril 2007.

LISTE DES VOYAGES AJOUTÉS POUR LE MÉTRO - AVRIL 2007

Du Lundi au vendredi seulement

Circuit Direction Origine Heure départ Destination finale Heure arrivée

903 sud Terminus

Saint-Eustache 5 h 09 Terminus Montmorency 5 h 45

76 est Gare Sainte-Dorothée 5 h 23 Terminus Montmorency 6 h 14

76 ouest Terminus Montmorency 6 h 23 Gare Sainte-Dorothée 7 h 13

56 est Saint-Martin / Carole 4 h 38 Terminus Montmorency 5 h 17

50 ouest Pénitencier

Saint-Vincent-de-Paul 4 h 53 Terminus Montmorency 5 h 17

45 nord Terminus Montmorency 23 h 13 Industriel (au nord de Dagenais) 23 h 29

45 sud Industriel (au nord de Dagenais) 23 h 09 Terminus Montmorency 23 h 24

45 sud Industriel (au nord de Dagenais) 24 h 09 Terminus Montmorency 24 h 24

42 ouest Chartrand / Déry 4 h 49 Terminus Le Carrefour 5 h 56

31 sud des Laurentides / Saint-Martin 4 h 59 Terminus

Henri-Bourassa 5 h 11

And the following departures have been modified...

Voici aussi une liste de voyages qui ont été modifiés et qui seront en vigueur dès dimanche le 29 avril.

LISTE DES VOYAGES MODIFIÉS POUR LE MÉTRO - AVRIL 2007

Circuit Direction Origine Heure départ Destination finale Heure arrivée

55 nord(semaine) Terminus

Henri-Bourassa Déplacé de 23H34 à 23H49 14ième / Arthur-Sauvé Déplacé de 24H30 à 24H45

52 est(semaine) Terminus

Henri-Bourassa Déplacé de 25H13 à 25H19 Mille-îles / Paré Déplacé de 26H04 à 26H10

52 est(dimanche) Terminus

Henri-Bourassa Déplacé de 25H14 à 25H19 Mille-îles / Paré Déplacé de 26H03 à 26H09

UPDATE!! BREAKING NEWS!

The fun just DOESN'T STOP everybody!

GET THIS!!!!!!! (This is unbelievable!!!)

The AMT will be running the Saint-Jerome train line this Saturday and Sunday special depatures and it's all FREE FREE FREE!!!! :P :P:)

Holy crap!! I am litterally STUNNED!

Please remember the terminus is Gare De La Concorde and it does not go into Montreal, Saint-Jerome to De La Concorde and vise-versa.

ME TOO! I thought it was a late april fools joke!!! :(:lol::P

BUT I AM SO DELIGHTED!; What a day it is turning out to be! This somewhat make up for the cancelation of the EXTRA charter!

Boy do i have some amazing pics I will post later tonight of Something WAY COOL at Henri-Bourassa! And im not talking about the Montmorency panels either!

Here we go! As promised!:

037.JPG041.JPG039.JPG

043.JPG044.JPG

Probably just a SNEAK PREVIEW of what we will see Tomorrow!

I guess as to NOT put restrictions to any part of the metro network to tourists, plus there are alot of But then isnt the single ticket that one can buy at any station for 2.75$ (since that's what they give u when u give them 2.75$ to pay cash) the same thing as a Montmorency, De La Concorde, or Cartier ticket for $2.75? Now this is starting to NOT make sense.

Someone, either on this list or another one suggested that the different tickets for the Laval stations may have something to do with keeping track of ticket sales at those stations separately from the rest of the system...since they appear to be okay with accepting both the Laval station tickets and the ones from the rest of the system at those three stations, perhaps it's not that big of a deal, and these special tickets could be phased out in the future (I have to wonder if the Laval tickets would be accepted on STM buses if one were to buy two in advance? Since no one knows what they'll look like yet, we may not know for a few days).

The STM have frequently advocated buying two tickets when you board before going to events, and perhaps they've seen the hypocrisy in telling people to buy return tickets when they won't be accepted at the Laval stations...

Someone, either on this list or another one suggested that the different tickets for the Laval stations may have something to do with keeping track of ticket sales at those stations separately from the rest of the system...since they appear to be okay with accepting both the Laval station tickets and the ones from the rest of the system at those three stations, perhaps it's not that big of a deal, and these special tickets could be phased out in the future (I have to wonder if the Laval tickets would be accepted on STM buses if one were to buy two in advance? Since no one knows what they'll look like yet, we may not know for a few days).

The STM have frequently advocated buying two tickets when you board before going to events, and perhaps they've seen the hypocrisy in telling people to buy return tickets when they won't be accepted at the Laval stations...

Right now the metro ticket for Laval will be Light Yellow and will cost 2,75$ each

They will accept the STM Turquoise (blue-green) ticket at 2,75$ since it's the same amount but not at the turnstyle.

They will also accept the CAM touristique at 9$ a day and 17$ for 3 days

They will not accept the STM (Pink ticket) at 1,95 5/6 $ (6 for 11,75$) at Laval metro station or the STL Purple ticket at 2.625 $ (8 for 21$)

They will not accept the regular CAM at 65$ or the CAM hebdo at 18$ a week

They will accept the TRAM 3 to 8 and the labelled TRAM 3-8 ticket

Well here's a taste of what to expect henceforth... sorry for not having these pics up sooner.

BTW these are probably the only pictures on the internet of a STM bus in Laval bus terminals...

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_CartBus.jpg

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_CartBusTerm.jpg

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_CartPlatform.jpg

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_ConcKiss_Ride.jpg

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_ConcVolume.jpg

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_MontArrGare.jpg

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_MontBusTerm.jpg

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_MontDirHB.jpg

QC_STM_Apr07_AQTRLavalMetro_MontGarage.jpg

Well here's a taste of what to expect henceforth... sorry for not having these pics up sooner.

BTW these are probably the only pictures on the internet of a STM bus in Laval bus terminals...

Great pics, I love how clear and sharp they are!

Ok, now, everybody let's try and confirm who's going to be at Cremazie tomorrow morning between 10:15 and 10:30am.

I am a definite YES!!! I hope some out-of-towners will be joining us as well, it would be great to be a nice gang of bus/metrofans and we could busfan afterwards. Rain-or-Shine this event is a GO!

Great pics, I love how clear and sharp they are!

Ok, now, everybody let's try and confirm who's going to be at Cremazie tomorrow morning between 10:15 and 10:30am.

You just stole what I was about to say...LOL

Yeah great sharp pics! That picture looking into the tunnel, that's Montmorency right?

See u guys in the morning at Cremazie, North Exit, by the 53 bus! 10h15-10h30am, we leave at 10h30am sharp!

Once again, we will ride to Montmorency, experience history, then start the exploring from there, all the stations individually, then wtv people want, bus riding, Saint-Jerome train riding, parting ways etc etc.

History will be lived very shortly!! First train departs Montmorency station in 4 hours, 30 mins, 0 seconds from this post!

See u guys in the morning at Cremazie, North Exit, by the 53 bus! 10h15-10h30am, we leave at 10h30am sharp!

Once again, we will ride to Montmorency, experience history, then start the exploring from there, all the stations individually, then wtv people want, bus riding, Saint-Jerome train riding, parting ways etc etc.

History will be lived very shortly!! First train departs Montmorency station in 4 hours, 30 mins, 0 seconds from this post!

Metro is now officially open in Laval.

See you guys at 10:30 this morning!

Good Night!

Metro is now officially open in Laval.

See you guys at 10:30 this morning!

Good Night!

I just did the whole thing

I visit every station in the Montreal metro network. (not today of course !)

I took 4 bus of the STL (25,37,42, 58)

I took the train to Saint-Jérome and i came back from it so mission accomplish for me !

IMO

Best Laval station De La Concorde

Best Montreal station Georges-Vanier

Best Train Station ex-aequo Sainte-Thérèse and Saint-Jérome

Too bad i have no camera with me !

I visited the new Laval metro station as well this morning. I guess I'm the first back home, as others are probably still exploring the new stations. We all got lot's of pictures and videos of the metro entering the new stations. The best part for me was being able to get a video from the drivers cabin of the metro from HB to Montmorency. All this due to the metro driver opening the driver door on the front metro car so people can see what the driver sees inside the tunel. I have to say as well, that de la Concorde is the nicest station out of the 3 new Laval metro stations.