The Official Laval Metro Extension Thread

David D.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/regio...-se-decolle.php

It's about the tiles on the wall that have almost all come down at De La Concorde stn. It used to be one of the best looking stations in the system.. till all the tiles came down..

I have seen that months ago and I have to say it is pathetic. I hope they fix it soon. We don't need another "ghetto" station (Frontenac)... :)

I have seen that months ago and I have to say it is pathetic. I hope they fix it soon. We don't need another "ghetto" station (Frontenac)... :)

Seriously. It's pathetic that it takes over 1/2 yr to finally do something about it! It also happened at HB a few yrs back after the bypass track construction (the dark gray tiles along the long hallway leading to the tracks). I also spotted cracks on others. And if that's not enough, I can also spot cracks on those same tiles at the bypass track as my train pulls into HB. Some of those may come off very soon. What a cruel world we live in!

Sorry , i was very busy lately !

Yes, i pass there yesterday , is is now open. Nothing much to say about it. the tunnel look longer from the inside than the outside. there is no elevator or escalator just 3 stairs side by side in the new building and two stairs with a small ramp inside the tunnel. This ramp will be use by the STM janitor to move up and down they cleaning equipement. As for the decoration is pretty much the same as the rest of Cartier Station Orange and Black. The new art piece is a metallic bunch hook sculpture at the top of the stairs inside the new building.

Go to the architect and ask for the specs or where he himself bought it from. You know how you can now get any shade of paint in a can when you offer something comparative to scan? I suppose the same principle applies.

Anyways...

Has anyone made it up to check out the new tunnel and kiosk yet?

I got to see the kiosk during one my trips to Laval, it is significantly smaller than the other exits in Laval, but the right size for it's purpose IMO.

It reminds me of Sauve Sud Kiosk, I get the impression that kind of want it to be like a 'neighbourhood acess', intended for those who live nearby. I approve of this, as it does not over-impose on the urban landscape, but is still noticeable enough that it has a presence.

Anyways...

Has anyone made it up to check out the new tunnel and kiosk yet?

I got to see the kiosk during one my trips to Laval, it is significantly smaller than the other exits in Laval, but the right size for it's purpose IMO.

It reminds me of Sauve Sud Kiosk, I get the impression that kind of want it to be like a 'neighbourhood acess', intended for those who live nearby. I approve of this, as it does not over-impose on the urban landscape, but is still noticeable enough that it has a presence.

I have been there, the tunnel look longer from the inside than the outside. They is no elevator or mechanic stair, just 3 regular stairs, in the middle of the tunnel we got 2 stairs with 4 step and a small ramp use by the STM Janitor to pass with their cleaning equipment. The inside decoration use the same color scheme as the rest of the Cartier métro station. also we got a new art project at the top of the stairs inside the new entrance east of Des Laurentides Boulevard.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the tunnel today, I thought it was nice, the whole orange motif with the metro station black nameplate running consistently (obviously without CARTIER written on it). I like our distinctive style (which Toronto copied on some Spadina extension stations too!) of our nameplates and I like to see them used in different contexts.

I parked my car at Cartier 630 am and the lot was 50-60% full.

Great, now that this is done, can we finally get out secondary Namur exit?

Oh wait I forgot, the AMT dosen't care about transit on the island on Montreal, they prefer to encourage people to live far far away and patronate their services to COMMUTE to the city from the suburbs.

AMT= Urban Sprawl Advocates. :P

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Carl Desrosiers said the reason why the LED boards do not work on the Monty platform between LuLa and H-B is because they were wired up for the old control centre. Within 12 months we should have it operational. :lol:

Well, guess what! It's Feb 2011, and they're still not operational (the one at Sauve shows "message test")! This past friday after work at 17:40, I boarded the train supposedly bound for Montmo. as the destination sign showed. But when it hit Sauve, the operator announced the train is stopping at HB. WTF? The sign says one thing and the operator says another. It's been 4 yrs since the stations opened and those LED boards are still not working. Talk about being misinformed! I've read and heard about complaints about the STM's quality of service. It's also hard to believe that a transit agency that cannot provide its users with accurate info, let alone any info, can be awarded best transit agency in N.America!

The transition to the new operation center is a fiasco, see other threads/other forum.

Since all stations will soon be equipped with Metrovision, those led based signs are of little interest and the STM is looking for what to do with them (potentially discarding them).

The transition to the new operation center is a fiasco, see other threads/other forum.

Since all stations will soon be equipped with Metrovision, those led based signs are of little interest and the STM is looking for what to do with them (potentially discarding them).

I wrote to the Squeaky Wheels section of the Gazette. Perhaps I'll get an answer. The Metrovision TVs show only the direction that the train is going, not where the train will end its route. They are two different things! Keep that in mind. Not once have I seen those TVs show HB during rush-hour. If they're thinking about discarding the LEDs, then obviously they got a few screws loose.