59-0XX & 60-0XX Watch Archive

SMS

Alright, I got the info straight up from an LA C.O. on why 60-013 is still kicking strong after 19 years and this is the answer I got..

Apparently, 60-013 is the BEST running classic in the entire STM fleet! The engine and mechanical structure of the bus is A1 and it runs like a dream I was told. There are absolutly no problems with this bus and no plans to retire it either! Expect 60-013 to get its plates renewed come september! :P

Proper maintenence and care goes a long way... :P

Best news of the week! 60-013 is now officially immortal. Buses come and buses go, but the Mitzvah Bus goes on forever :mellow:! LaSalle is doing a big Mitzvah (good deed) my keeping it alive. Long live the Mitzvah Bus!

And yes, I am totally up for another charter with it ;). I know you're joking, but I'd jump at any chance to ride 60-013 again.

60-013 066N 1435!

Yesss!!! Mwahahaha. 60-013 visits me at work!

Sadly, though, i had to go to work...so i couldnt stay and ride it.

Just to add info to this, it was at Guy Concordia Metro too. Ayeobe if you see this bus at a Metro station, it would be appreciated if you posted what station.

60-013 066S 1543 At guy stop, again!

Friend saw it this time.. while we were in RTL. I dont think it came back D: We waited...

Now, if we had gotten to ride it, that would have been two ex-charter buses that we'd have ridden today. Oh well. Better luck next time, I guess.

Long live the Mitzvah Bus :(!

This one's for you, Ayeobe :P.

--

60-013 Watch

08 / 03 / 09

• 60-013 on the 480, heading WB on Rene-Levesque at 17:30.

First Mitzvah Bus sighting of August! The Master of Classics is still kicking, and looks and sounds great :P!

Long live the Mitzvah Bus :P!

This one's for you, Ayeobe :).

--

60-013 Watch

08 / 03 / 09

• 60-013 on the 480, heading WB on Rene-Levesque at 17:30.

First Mitzvah Bus sighting of August! The Master of Classics is still kicking, and looks and sounds great B)!

Long live the Mitzvah Bus B)!

I also spotted 60-013 yesterday afternoon at about 4:15 on St-Jacques near the TCV. I was snapping RTL photos and the bus came right to me! Got a couple of nice shots of my own... :P

I wasnt lookin for anythin three years ago. Except maybe 59's. My enthusiasm left with the newlooks. Then i was idly finding GM Classics ...then they left too ...and i didnt look for anythin after that till i started The Hunt this year, for basically anything that isnt a lowfloor lol..

I hate you soooo mught right now. lol

Im only lookin for two buses, and yettt...i cant seem to see ither one of them. Not even freakin' 11-088 even though i went right where it makes birth!!

Sorry man, I wasn't even actively looking for it. I was looking for my CITs and then I saw a Classic waiting at a light so I decided to get closer to get the number. I wasn't expecting 60-013.

I wasnt lookin for anythin three years ago. Except maybe 59's. My enthusiasm left with the newlooks. Then i was idly finding GM Classics ...then they left too ...and i didnt look for anythin after that till i started The Hunt this year, for basically anything that isnt a lowfloor lol..

You need to check out some CITs before they get to be all LFS too ;)

Alex

Huntingdon, QC

Ayeobe, the best advice I can offer you about finding 60-013 and 11-088 is that you have to be not expecting them. That's the mistake I made when I joined this forum a year ago. Now, I never hunt for them and they just appear. You have to try and do the same thing. With that being said, I think the 460 would still be your best bet for finding 11-088, as that route is a haven for Legendre MCIs. 60-013 can be anywhere, any day, any time. Good luck to you ;).

-Mark.

Plattsburgh, NY

• 2 weeks later...