TTC Orion VII Retirement Tracker

5 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

The New Flyers entering service have ground to a near halt as well. Most likely both going hand-in-hand with each other 

Maybe when 1 OG hybrid retires 1 New Flyer enters service 

49 minutes ago, Elijah bey said:

8056 was the bus that clipped a crane on route 40 junction Dundas west 

https://youtu.be/112FODrJQQU?feature=shared

Also wasn't 8056 involved with another collision with 8489 back in the fall.

Yes it was on the early morning of September 2nd, 2023 while on the 300 Bloor-Danforth near Danforth & Main, it was involved in a collision with a RAM truck.

8 minutes ago, CJ. said:

False information. Don't tell people your foamer fantasies

I would think at that absolute most it would be for something like decommissioning, but revenue hahaha sure.. 😂

8 minutes ago, Editorum said:

Someone on discord told me and here’s proof 

39A39FA6-5335-4637-B8BD-2E1A2B49FAA3.png

I’m not sure how that makes it anymore truthful..frankly makes it seem even less credible since it’s from random Discord chat but alright..👍

17 minutes ago, 3190 said:

I would think at that absolute most it would be for something like decommissioning, but revenue hahaha sure.. 😂

If anything it would be shelter orions or the ES buses. But I still call false. ES buses still come around to Bmount once in a while for some constable training/rectification since they still do it out from there for some reason. 2 of them were at Bmount for a couple days last week or the week before, I don't remember. And they definitely wouldn't send just 2 individual buses for revenue when they can keep sending novas when more buses are required for a board period, just like how the 8960s are there right now. So I call false

You might occasionally see the ES buses at Leslie Barns as well because of fare inspectors training. They use them now instead of regular buses

15 minutes ago, Editorum said:

Funny how the ilovettcguy would say stuff like this then back it up with the EXACT SAME discord server. (None of which ever happened)

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, CJ. said:

If anything it would be shelter orions or the ES buses. But I still call false. ES buses still come around to Bmount once in a while for some constable training/rectification since they still do it out from there for some reason. 2 of them were at Bmount for a couple days last week or the week before, I don't remember. And they definitely wouldn't send just 2 individual buses for revenue when they can keep sending novas when more buses are required for a board period, just like how the 8960s are there right now. So I call false

You might occasionally see the ES buses at Leslie Barns as well because of fare inspectors training. They use them now instead of regular buses

Does anyone realize the preparation it takes to introduce a new model fleet to a division? The amount of parts they have to send over to the parts department at Birchmount, informing maintenance staff, have a ET come over from Queensway to Birchmount to help mechanics with questions, copy’s of schematic sheets needing to be sent over and even Bus Operations having to train drivers since it’s an entirely different model.. Even with the 81s at Queensway, they may seem similar enough that the transition would be little to none but some may not realize that they actually are quite different from the OGs and that took some preparation between both divisions.. A random set of two buses of a different model would never realistically happen.

Can’t believe people are still gullible enough to believe that type of thing.

And to be technical, that is a fleet movement based post that was made and does not belong in a retirement based thread anyways. This is also not a group chat so these theories can end here. Apologies to anyone coming to this thread to seek actual information.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, 3190 said:

Does anyone realize the preparation it takes to introduce a new model fleet to a division? The amount of parts they have to send over to the parts department at Birchmount, informing maintenance staff, have a ET come over from Queensway to Birchmount to help mechanics with questions, and even Bus Operations having to train drivers since it’s an entirely different model.. Even with the 81s at Queensway, they may seem similar enough that the transition would be little to none but some may not realize that they actually are quite different from the OGs and that took some preparation between both divisions.. A random set of two buses of a different model would never realistically happen.

Its much different than it was in 2018. And even 2019 when they had 7937-7956 for a month or two. That was only possible due to the OG detroit's retirement being very recent so there wasn't much effort or cost required. Now, almost five years later there is lots of new staff and obviously, there no logic to send buses at the end of their lifespan to that division

It's hard to believe how someone thinks buses that are being completely phased out will suddenly get another life at a division that already has newer buses and will never need them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

7919 & 7920 are inside Wilson’s repair bay for decommissioning. 7919 is further along than 7920

Is there a standard route followed when towing buses from Queensway to Wilson? As I posted earlier, I saw 7919 under tow, turning east on Eglinton from Kipling. A logical route if heading for Mount Dennis, but not one I'd choose to go to Wilson.

On 1/25/2024 at 4:48 PM, Editorum said:

claims aside, there's a discord? Is it public? And as for the retirements slowing down, I'm all for it. Its giving me more time to go out and get them, especially the 7900 units. I havent been a fanner in Toronto for long, so I'll take all I can get. Although now with 7913 and 7952 on the island, I have a feeling those two are going to be the last to bow out.