Any video/audio recordings of an OC Transpo Orion III Ikarus?

Loud-Invero

11 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Does anyone have any audio / video recordings of this bus? I found one somewhere on the CPTDB in a thread which someone replied "OC Transpo 8651 on route 95, recorded February 2002." But I can't find it any where now :(.

Well here's a recording of one with the Detroit Diesel 6L71TA and ZF 5HP590 combo. http://www.transithub.net/sounds/ttc6383.mp3

On 12/7/2017 at 10:21 PM, OCTranspoMaster said:

Does anyone have any audio / video recordings of this bus? I found one somewhere on the CPTDB in a thread which someone replied "OC Transpo 8651 on route 95, recorded February 2002." But I can't find it any where now :(.

There are some DDC and Cummins Ikarus recordings on the old Yahoo OC Bus Fan Club page. You need to be a member but here is the link: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/octransposbusfanclub/files/OC TRANSPO BUS SOUNDS/Orion Ikarus Z86/

There are few poor quality TTC/OC Ikarus distance shot videos on youtube if you feel like searching them out but I wouldn't bother.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The audio on the old Yahoogroups OC Transpo bus fan club was recorded by me back in 2001-2002. Good old times. Wish I had had a better recorder but they still sound decent today.

I remember there was also a Polls group, which I can't find anymore. Does anyone have the link? I'd love to see if I had uploaded more audio there...

Thank you.

On a side note, we all associate the motor starting sound of the Montreal Metro as being part of it's identity and a classic sound, to me the Orion Ikarus (at least the Detroit Diesel ones) were that for OC Transpo back in the day. No buses ever had a sound like that, a true classic.

• Like 1

Off topic, but I would be interested in seeing the Yahoo group. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get access even after applying. Yes, I know the group is dead, but there's information that's interesting to see. (My intent is not to post, but to view old information from 2001-2005.)

Hello @JCL, may you please try to look over my application and get me subscribed to the group when you have the time? I have been waiting since July. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)