YUL Bus Charters - 2015 Activities

SMS

Sorry for the delay everybody, it has been crazy busy for me on my end.

Saturday 2 May - St Jean sur Richelieu charter will be exactly like the previous one last year. It shall begin and end at the terminal on rue Boucher, departing at 1 pm and arriving at 4 pm. The vehicle requested is the 35 ft Orion V, however in the event that this vehicle is unavailable, we shall request a Transcar Classic.

Sunday 3 May - Sherbrooke charter with 1995 Nova Classic 45105, confirmed today by STS. It shall begin and end at the garage on rue Cabana, departing at 1215 pm and arriving at 415 pm.

Costs are $35 each or $60 for both.

Confirmation of attendance is mandatory, please contact me by the usual means, including yulbuscharters *at* gmail (dot) com

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting this information to you.

SMS

Hartford CT

Note for anyone attending this weekend's charters:

There are several road closures on and around the Champlain Bridge this coming weekend:

http://pontchamplainbridge.ca/en/champlain-corridor-two-work-blitzes-in-may/

BLITZ 1: FRIDAY, MAY 1 (9 P.M.) TO MONDAY, MAY 4, (5 A.M.)

During this blitz, the northbound lanes will be closed and one contraflow lane will be open towards the south to allow one lane in each direction on the Champlain Bridge.

Several on- and off-ramps will also be closed during this period to access and exit the bridge:

• Complete closure of the A-10 between exits 4 and 6
  • Complete closure of exit 58 on the A-15 North
  • Complete closure of access ramps on Highway 132 East and West towards Champlain Bridge
  • Complete closure of the Alexandre G. Bell on-ramp towards A-10 West (Closed at 8 p.m.)
  • Complete closure of the Claude-Robutel on-ramp towards A-10 West (Closed at 8 p.m.)

Please allow for more time in the event of traffic in the area.

Alex

Note for anyone attending this weekend's charters:

There are several road closures on and around the Champlain Bridge this coming weekend:

http://pontchamplainbridge.ca/en/champlain-corridor-two-work-blitzes-in-may/

Please allow for more time in the event of traffic in the area.

Alex

if i am coming from Terrebonne that morning, which is the best way for me to go St Jean Sur Richelieu? Thank you

if i am coming from Terrebonne that morning, which is the best way for me to go St Jean Sur Richelieu? Thank you

Probably you're better to take the 25 south, cross using the Louis H. Lafontaine Tunnel down to the 30 west, back to join the 10 to St Jean.

Probably you're better to take the 25 south, cross using the Louis H. Lafontaine Tunnel down to the 30 west, back to join the 10 to St Jean.

like this way as shown in the attached picture? Just wondering how is the traffic on a typical Saturday? Thank you~~

1.jpg

Use Google Maps traffic everyone. Please.

EDR (emergency detour route) if Autoroute 10 east is blocked between Autoroutes 30 and 35 would be Highway 104.

Simon, be warned that A25 bridge between Laval and Montreal is tolled. You will receive a lovely bill in the mail for roughly seven dollars.

Finally, as mentioned above, confirmation of attendance is mandatory. Our St Jean charter will likely be at capacity. I may not be in a position to accept walk-ups on the day of.

what a great CIT charter again on Saturday, everything works out FINEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Great charter routings with great photostops, nice garage visit and pull out of buses for group shots!! Thanx again Mario!!!!!!!

For those who missed it, it's NOT fineeeeeee believe me!

What a whilrwind weekend! I still can't believe that we've been doing this for ten years already!

Enjoy the group photos guys! Thanks go out to (in no particular order): Alex Tipaldos (Vice President, YUL Bus Charters), Luc Côté (Ville de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu), Eugène (Transdev operator), Sarah Archambault (Société de transport de Sherbrooke), Daniel (STS operator), and of course our friends and supporters! Without you guys, we would not be here. We promise to continue fun and innovative bus fan charters so long as there are interesting vehicles for hire.

You can be sure that there will be further CIT and regional activities in the near future with these two transporters...

The action does not stop for the YUL Bus Charters executive as we are involved with the Quebec City convention hosted by the Bus History Association... stay tuned!

IMG_3595a.jpg

IMG_3628a.jpg

IMG_4042a.jpg

What a whilrwind weekend! I still can't believe that we've been doing this for ten years already!

Enjoy the group photos guys! Thanks go out to (in no particular order): Alex Tipaldos (Vice President, YUL Bus Charters), Luc Côté (Ville de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu), Eugène (Transdev operator), Sarah Archambault (Société de transport de Sherbrooke), Daniel (STS operator), and of course our friends and supporters! Without you guys, we would not be here. We promise to continue fun and innovative bus fan charters so long as there are interesting vehicles for hire.

You can be sure that there will be further CIT and regional activities in the near future with these two transporters...

The action does not stop for the YUL Bus Charters executive as we are involved with the Quebec City convention hosted by the Bus History Association... stay tuned!

must be Classic with Hybrid LFS............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone has a great time this weekend. Are there any other charters planned for this summer besides the one in June?

I won't make any decisions before the first of June, as that is the day that I shall pick my work for the summer board period. I may investigate the possibility of a STO Classic charter in the summer (A/C equipped therefore NOT ex-Calgary Transit). At the present moment, I am working in conjunction with the BHA on an activity with the Société de transport du Saguenay. Participants interested in this private initiative shall be e-mailed information shortly. Thanks for your interest!

I won't make any decisions before the first of June, as that is the day that I shall pick my work for the summer board period. I may investigate the possibility of a STO Classic charter in the summer (A/C equipped therefore NOT ex-Calgary Transit). At the present moment, I am working in conjunction with the BHA on an activity with the Société de transport du Saguenay. Participants interested in this private initiative shall be e-mailed information shortly. Thanks for your interest!

must be not ex-Calgary Classics..........not fine! <_<

If the STO charter is in July, i'll possibly make the trip

Add me to the Saguenay charter

Please contact Bernie Drouillard - carpool information will be required

must be not ex-Calgary Classics..........not fine! <_<

You charter it. We will come.