Post TTC Application (You've made it! Now let's talk!)

nokia_b0y

• 2 weeks later...

I hear lots of people wanting Wheel trans. It seems like fun. Id be worried about false accusation by a customer. Other than that, your all over the city which I think is cool.

And the not so talked about mode is Revenue. Apparently lots of heavy lifting but 3 days off, which I wouldn't mind. And from what I hear the off days rotate, which I'm cool with.

If I get sent to collectors I'll be on the front page of the Toronto Sun the next morning.

I think any master will be later in the year in time for 2017. So the later it is the better chance you have of staying at Arrow. How long you been at Arrow now? And is Arrow a junior garage?

I have been at Arrow for almost 2 years, there is lots of movements at our garage operators come and go constantly beside the seniors that retire, I move up 1 selection group so fast in a year but now it's getting slow. I believe they keep hiring here because of new Nove LFS we get I thought last one would be 8504 (according to the list in this forum) but I saw 8512 last week in the yard. I don't think there will be a problem for me to stay here but I like to know more about the procedure of master sign up as I never did it before. Thanks

I have been at Arrow for almost 2 years, there is lots of movements at our garage operators come and go constantly beside the seniors that retire, I move up 1 selection group so fast in a year but now it's getting slow. I believe they keep hiring here because of new Nove LFS we get I thought last one would be 8504 (according to the list in this forum) but I saw 8512 last week in the yard. I don't think there will be a problem for me to stay here but I like to know more about the procedure of master sign up as I never did it before. Thanks

Anything 8510 and above isn't suppose to arrive until fall 2016 but it looks like TTC have advanced the delivery schedule.

Arrow is running a lower number of runs than other divisions of comparable size. It has nothing to do with the new Novas arriving as Arrow lost a lot of hybrids to Mt Dennis, Malvern and Wilson. In general, the 10 minute network during off peak times required every division to hire more. (or opportunities for Arrow ops to leave for other divisions). This might explain why they are constantly hiring at Arrow.

Wow, moving up a selection in 2 years, not bad. In some ways especially now that Pan Ames is over I'm surprise they're still hiring. I guess they need to hire more for Leslie if more streetcars arrive, and the temp bus garage.

The Master is similar to sign-up but with a list of Divisions instead.

I hear lots of people wanting Wheel trans. It seems like fun. Id be worried about false accusation by a customer. Other than that, your all over the city which I think is cool.

And the not so talked about mode is Revenue. Apparently lots of heavy lifting but 3 days off, which I wouldn't mind. And from what I hear the off days rotate, which I'm cool with.

If I get sent to collectors I'll be on the front page of the Toronto Sun the next morning.

I see a lot go to Wheel Trans but come back 6 months later. I think at one time they had more freedom to relax but not anymore.....go go go.

How soon, some people are saying it won't be until a certain amount of streetcars shows up. And TTC indicated 2017 for a bus garage, and that's an "if". I heard tapscott being another location.

By the time the Master actually takes effect, I'm guessing January, we probably will have enough streetcars to meet their numbers.

I see a lot go to Wheel Trans but come back 6 months later. I think at one time they had more freedom to relax but not anymore.....go go go.

Imagine doing the go-go-go for 10-12 hours. It will take its toll. I think this is the only mode i'm aware of were you get 4 days off.

• 8 months later...

How brutal is driving the bus on Halloween night?

Last Year Halloween landed on my day off, but I have heard a lot of people take emergency because I hear it gets crazy due to to all the parties.

Ill be driving the Yonge night bus on Halloween, so does anyone have experience driving on Halloween night, especially near the downtown area?

Thank You.

14 minutes ago, fidoo66 said:

How brutal is driving the bus on Halloween night?

Last Year Halloween landed on my day off, but I have heard a lot of people take emergency because I hear it gets crazy due to to all the parties.

Ill be driving the Yonge night bus on Halloween, so does anyone have experience driving on Halloween night, especially near the downtown area?

Thank You.

My prayers go out to you

I was talking to a few new ops that started within the year, and a good chunk of them said they never done the night bus, so many people were hired after them, they were able to avoid it. They really must be hiring a bunch of people.

Apparently Malvern Night routes doesn't go past 3rd or 4th selection? I know seniors love night especially the ones that live out of town and the nice routes they have.

1 hour ago, FlyerD901 said:

I was talking to a few new ops that started within the year, and a good chunk of them said they never done the night bus, so many people were hired after them, they were able to avoid it. They really must be hiring a bunch of people.

Apparently Malvern Night routes doesn't go past 3rd or 4th selection? I know seniors love night especially the ones that live out of town and the nice routes they have.

It would obviously depend on division but those on sign slip so after all the signed SB spots would get the latest work which is more than likely includes night bus. I've never done a real night bus which is basically a 530am finish but now I do early regulars I get alot of the early 300 clean up trips which aren't fun either.

Halloween night on 300/320 should be a blast! Good luck.

Even this weekend people were booking off just to avoid the chaos of the Gardiner closure.