YUL Bus Charters - 2014 Activities

SMS

All of the information above is officially confirmed. The proposed times and costs remain the same.

Please arrive early so that we can reach all of our planned photostops.

The St-Jean yard visit remains to be confirmed by Transdev management though. I drove the St-Jean charter routing today and I am sure that everyone will be pleased with the work undertaken by myself, director of transportation Luc Côté and our resident CIT/OMIT expert Alex aka kellergraham. See you soon at our fifth and sixth charter of 2014, respectively!

All of the information above is officially confirmed. The proposed times and costs remain the same.

Please arrive early so that we can reach all of our planned photostops.

The St-Jean yard visit remains to be confirmed by Transdev management though. I drove the St-Jean charter routing today and I am sure that everyone will be pleased with the work undertaken by myself, director of transportation Luc Côté and our resident CIT/OMIT expert Alex aka kellergraham. See you soon at our fifth and sixth charter of 2014, respectively!

Sweet :) see you on Saturday~~

Once again gentlemen, we have hosted sunny superb and successful events for you! Thanks to your attendance in great numbers, we were able to enjoy an unparalleled charter weekend on the South Shore.

CIT TRIPPER 2014 RECAP

We have not had the opportunity to charter from CITs or OMITs for several years (our last CIT fan trip was at CITSO over 6 years ago). The majority of the private transporters operate under contract for the outlying areas, and as a result, their transit vehicles do not see charter operation. This is unfortunate, as the CIT properties typically have a large variety of vehicles in their fleets compared to the big three transit corporations in the Greater Montreal Area. An exception was finally made thanks to a change in management at Transdev Veolia in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu. With the help of the local director of transport Luc Côté, a fan trip was planned within the city limits using a high-floor transit vehicle on the verge of retirement. All local routes were signed up using window cards as none of the electronic destination signs were operational. In the course of the fan trip planning, it was decided that YUL Bus Charters would host its first RTS charter. Although we requested the remaining active Nova RTS in the fleet, we were ultimately given a Dupont Victoria rebuilt in 2003. Nobody was upset as these are still very unique and rare vehicles. Thanks to in-depth planning with resident CIT expert and new Vice-President of YUL Bus Charters Alex Tipaldos (aka board member kellergraham), we met timed transfers and offered photo opportunities at various locations in the city. After the charter, we were able to take photos at the yard where we featured shots of the sole Yaxing on property in BLUS livery. Thanks to our operator Eugene who was very cooperative with our requests!

FAREWELL TO RTL CLASSICS DOUBLEHEADER CHARTER RECAP

The following day also made history as YUL Bus Charters offered its first doubleheader charter to commemorate the impending mass retirement of Réseau de transport de Longueuil Classic buses by year’s end. Thanks to our volunteer drivers (board members stm_5307N and tristan), we enjoyed our rides and photos in our remaining rollsign equipped 1989 MCI Classics 9-001 and 9-031. At the end of the charter, we had two Nova Classics pulled out for a family photo featuring a vehicle from each remaining series of high floor transit bus at the RTL. Courtesy of our friend in the planning office, Daniel Poirier, all participants were given RTL promotional items from the company’s 40th anniversary.

Stay tuned for a future charter under consideration around Christmas time. If this does indeed occur, 2014 will be a record for the number of charters that we have hosted in the span of a year – our target is seven. Enjoy the group photos with our charter vehicles taken on the east bank of the Richelieu River, at the abandoned St-Hubert park and ride, and at Garage St-Hubert!

IMG_0025a.jpg

IMG_0130a.jpg

IMG_0152a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I am pleased to announce our final charter for the year 2014.

YUL Bus Charters will host yet another edition of a Christmas Lights charter. Alex T. and I will formally enter the planning process next week, however I can offer the following details. As we are able to cheaply charter from the Réseau de transport de Longueuil, it makes the most sense to charter one of their vehicles. We will select a 1994 Nova Classic vehicle from the 9-400 series, with preference to a bus that we have never chartered before. The shortlist comprises therefore of the following vehicles: 9-405, 9-407, 9-408, 9-412, or 9-418.

I have forwarded a deposit cheque today to our Customer service department for a five-hour charter. At present, I will also offer a planned 30 minute break around dusk in the chemin de Chambly/boulevard Jacques-Cartier area (many food options nearby).

Due to the several hours that we will spend aboard the vehicle compared to our previous charters, I am asking for admission to be $30. We hope start at 2 pm, end at 7 pm, from Terminus Longueuil. Details to follow next week. Please contact me at yulbuscharters -at- gmail *dot* com for réservations and other inquiries.

Hello everyone, I am pleased to announce our final charter for the year 2014.

YUL Bus Charters will host yet another edition of a Christmas Lights charter. Alex T. and I will formally enter the planning process next week, however I can offer the following details. As we are able to cheaply charter from the Réseau de transport de Longueuil, it makes the most sense to charter one of their vehicles. We will select a 1994 Nova Classic vehicle from the 9-400 series, with preference to a bus that we have never chartered before. The shortlist comprises therefore of the following vehicles: 9-405, 9-407, 9-408, 9-412, or 9-418.

I have forwarded a deposit cheque today to our Customer service department for a five-hour charter. At present, I will also offer a planned 30 minute break around dusk in the chemin de Chambly/boulevard Jacques-Cartier area (many food options nearby).

Due to the several hours that we will spend aboard the vehicle compared to our previous charters, I am asking for admission to be $30. We hope start at 2 pm, end at 7 pm, from Terminus Longueuil. Details to follow next week. Please contact me at yulbuscharters -at- gmail *dot* com for réservations and other inquiries.

I delayed my trip to Montreal to that weekend just so I can get a classic before the sad retirement

FINAL UPDATE

The charter shall take place this upcoming Saturday with a 1994 Nova Classic. We have requested one of the following vehicles: 9-405, 9-407, 9-408, 9-412 or 9-418.

I suggest ISO 100 for day time shots in order to fully enjoy the Hector Balios (red LED) destination sign in your photography. For the night time shots, please be safe and don't forget your tripod!

The fan trip will begin and end at Place Désaulniers in front of Kinzo on Boulevard Taschereau (voie locale direction Lafayette) at Boulevard Désaulniers. Parking is available and several bus routes pass by (16, 29, 71 on Lafayette; or 3, 4, 19, 21 on Taschereau; or 1, 54 on Tiffin, all routes leaving Terminus Longueuil). We are leaving at 2 pm sharp, returning for 7 pm. Please arrive early.

The cost will be $30. We have also scheduled a 30 minute food stop in Vieux-Longueuil with plenty of choices available.

Any further questions should be directed to the charter e-mail yulbuscharters -at- gmail -dot- com as I am not likely to follow the comings and goings on the CPTDB between now and then. Thanks and looking forward to seeing you out there!

Thanks to these charters I get to drive classics. So thank you buddy (SMS). 9-412 is probably the last classic I get to drive on yesterday's charter. It was always a solid runner and yesterday was no exception. Excellent bus to drive and it will be very sad to see them go in less than 3 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the group photo taken at boucle des Sureaux in Boucherville! Here is hoping that some residential development will occur shortly in this area, prompting more transit service outside of rush hour.

Thanks to volunteer driver stm_5307N for his efforts as usual, thanks also go out to vice-president kellergraham who sacrifices his personal time to help with charter planning, and others who helped along the way and inspired us to go forward with this initiative.

We greatly appreciate everyone's interest and participation over the course of last year, especially those who travel from far to be with us. 2014 was a very successful year with the most charters that we at YUL Bus Charters have ever held! For my part, I am glad to promote our hobby, extend my hand in friendship to transit enthusiasts, and continuously plan innovative and unique fan trips for the community at large.

Rest assured that 2015 will be no different. Expect an announcement for our tenth charter weekend in the following weeks. Please save the dates Saturday 2 May and Sunday 3 May 2015!

IMG_1975a.jpg

Rest assured that 2015 will be no different. Expect an announcement for our tenth charter weekend in the following weeks. Please save the dates Saturday 2 May and Sunday 3 May 2015!

Do you have a transit company that the next charter will happen or will that be determined later on