Peterborough Transit

OC Transpo 8238

I believe weekends usually only have Novas... the weekdays are when the Orion V, VII and classics are out. I also might be able to get my hands on a peterborough front and sign sign soon im excited <_<

Yes they can be heard roaring down Reid Street as they do the Trent runs over the weekends though they can occasionally be found on the Flemming Express or filling in on regular city routes.

Though the fate of Transit in Peterborough is a concern for some at the moment. We now have a Mayor who's heavily involved with the local transport industry owning a taxi company and the local Greyhound franchinse (so was less than impressed with Go Transit arrived in the city). One rumour doing the rounds is that he will push to have the handi van service (which competes directly with the mayor's accesssible cabs) for disabled riders ended at 6pm. Having a wife who's disabled as well as friends this is a major concern. We know that there are serious issues with the operation of the handivans (have to book a week in advance for one) but we could either be looking at a loss of serivces or an increase in price. Use of the taxis becomes very expsenive when a trip to Lansdowne Place and return costs $26 in total.

We also have at least one concillor who's made noise about low patronage on the buses over the weekend so between him and new mayor we could face service cuts.

Yes they can be heard roaring down Reid Street as they do the Trent runs over the weekends though they can occasionally be found on the Flemming Express or filling in on regular city routes.

Though the fate of Transit in Peterborough is a concern for some at the moment. We now have a Mayor who's heavily involved with the local transport industry owning a taxi company and the local Greyhound franchinse (so was less than impressed with Go Transit arrived in the city). One rumour doing the rounds is that he will push to have the handi van service (which competes directly with the mayor's accesssible cabs) for disabled riders ended at 6pm. Having a wife who's disabled as well as friends this is a major concern. We know that there are serious issues with the operation of the handivans (have to book a week in advance for one) but we could either be looking at a loss of serivces or an increase in price. Use of the taxis becomes very expsenive when a trip to Lansdowne Place and return costs $26 in total.

We also have at least one concillor who's made noise about low patronage on the buses over the weekend so between him and new mayor we could face service cuts.

Trust me... i used to work for the bastard with Capitol Taxi driving the handivan. I feel like we r going to be screwed. As soon as he became mayor i knew this city was screwed

I believe weekends usually only have Novas... the weekdays are when the Orion V, VII and classics are out. I also might be able to get my hands on a peterborough front and sign sign soon im excited <_<

Well I was there on Friday, and every Classic, Orion V, and Orion VII was parked. Saw so many Nova's it made my head spin!!!

Its not hard. if u wanna know where id tell ya lol and i have to correct u on how many scheduled buses there are on routes 1-12...every route except 6 SSFC/Kawartha and 7 Lansdowne...those 2 routes have 2 buses because the route is so long. when one leaves downtown the other leaves fleming. the route is 2 long to cover with one bus so thats why 6 and 7 have 2 buses

Interesting, so that means that there are atleast 2 extras on the west bank. Thanks David.

Do you recall how many buses were on the east bank?

Bumping in for David (we were there at the same time)...

My photos show 06, 19, 47 and 54 on Trent West Bank; while 43 and 53 were on Trent East Bank. 06 left service around 9:15, while 47 laid over outside the terminal for a while (leading me to believe it's a cover for either East or West, whichever needs it most).

In addition, 51 was on the midday Flemming Express.

And just to throw it in: 19, 20, 21 and 22 all still have rollsigns.

more rumours doing the round about Bennett's plans for transit which would see the sunday services cut and cutbacks to evening services and he's also planning on selling his accessible cabs because he claims he's not making money on them.

Many people wanted Ayotte to go but some at least are wishing some-one other then Bennett replaced him and many of those who voted for Bennett probably didn't know about his plans for transit.

more rumours doing the round about Bennett's plans for transit which would see the sunday services cut and cutbacks to evening services and he's also planning on selling his accessible cabs because he claims he's not making money on them.

Many people wanted Ayotte to go but some at least are wishing some-one other then Bennett replaced him and many of those who voted for Bennett probably didn't know about his plans for transit.

I was talking to a Lansdowne driver last night on the way to work and she said its just a rumor right now as they will be hiring some more drivers soon so she said she doesnt see cut backs soon and if they did she sees residents fighting city hall on it

I was talking to a Lansdowne driver last night on the way to work and she said its just a rumor right now as they will be hiring some more drivers soon so she said she doesnt see cut backs soon and if they did she sees residents fighting city hall on it

Yes there was an Ad in PTW for part time drivers and point people in the direction ot Transit's website.

Though one point to consider - this is happening under plans, guidelines, requirments of the old council so there's nothing to stop the new council tossing them all out after being sworn in next month.

I rarely post in this thread...however seeing as the predicament that Peterborough Transit may be under, would they need those additional buses?

This may be a stretch, if one system needs buses, but doesn't get the funding, or little bit of funding fo rnew buses, but can buy used, could a system say, like Peterborough, sell off some of their buses to another system?

I rarely post in this thread...however seeing as the predicament that Peterborough Transit may be under, would they need those additional buses?

This may be a stretch, if one system needs buses, but doesn't get the funding, or little bit of funding fo rnew buses, but can buy used, could a system say, like Peterborough, sell off some of their buses to another system?

i would think so...u can call the city and ask

NO! TA's are not going to buy 20 year old classics. Those days are long gone.

we started a transit improvement group at fleming to try to convince the school to pay for more fleming expresses. we have confirmed the school has the funding to pay for 1-2 more fleming express buses to cover a all day schedule. we are putting a proposal together. if all goes well we might draft a report to city hall to help them fix peterborough transit

we started a transit improvement group at fleming to try to convince the school to pay for more fleming expresses. we have confirmed the school has the funding to pay for 1-2 more fleming express buses to cover a all day schedule. we are putting a proposal together. if all goes well we might draft a report to city hall to help them fix peterborough transit

There was an ad in Peterborough This Week back earlier in the the year calling for submissions for a new review but haven't seen anything since.

On the Transportation part of the city's website there was a link for the review and about open houses they were going to hold. But only a date for one in February was mentioned the other two were TBA.

Rumor has it that the mayor-elect meet last week with the bigwigs from Transit so maybe in the near future we'll what's happening.

There was an ad in Peterborough This Week back earlier in the the year calling for submissions for a new review but haven't seen anything since.

On the Transportation part of the city's website there was a link for the review and about open houses they were going to hold. But only a date for one in February was mentioned the other two were TBA.

Rumor has it that the mayor-elect meet last week with the bigwigs from Transit so maybe in the near future we'll what's happening.

it would be not only a benifit to me but to everyone at fleming if the school and city worked together on all day fleming express service or another route from fleming to downtown. maybe go straight up brealey to parkhill to george or something like that...but guess we will see what happens

Does peterborough have the infrastructure to invest in artic buses

it would be not only a benifit to me but to everyone at fleming if the school and city worked together on all day fleming express service or another route from fleming to downtown. maybe go straight up brealey to parkhill to george or something like that...but guess we will see what happens

Your joking right???

no

I doubt it could afford articulated buses but the real deal breaker isn't there really isn't the passenger loads to justify them.

As much as I wish the buses were more frequent and the routes run in both directions (the loops on some of them such really aren't effective timewise - the Highland is a good example) they don't have the passenger loadings to make it worth while.