2012 40' Low Floor Bus Order

323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

At least you guys paint your vehicles, here in Calgary we decal and its sh** ! Or half the time we don't even decal cus the decals get wrecked when we put adds on our buses

Our Nova's are partially decalled. Thats why some of them look much older then they actually are, looks like paint peeling from a distance.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the photos carefully, they are still touch bars but they are not the physical ones, so there's going to be sensitivity problem.

So it seems to be the CLASS rear door doesn't work well.

So nice of them getting Alcoa wheels, a welcome change. Since they are stuck with ZF transmission, I can't see but what's that next to the shift push button on the drivers dashboard?

What do you mean by not having physical touch bars? And photos?

• 2 weeks later...

i can't tell through the heater what it sounds like, similar to the D40LFR's?

No, not really. It's quite a unique sounding bus; not really comparable to any other bus we currently have. The heaters are turned off near the latter half of the video, so try and skip forward a bit. Sorry about this inconvenience... the heaters were on for most of the trip.

Well, it didn't take long to find out what those touch bars were:

vTouch Bar Brochure, from Vapor

The funny and ironic thing is how Vapor places it below its CLASS sensor when the latter has done such a poor job on the busiest TransLink routes. Then again, maybe the vTouch will develop its own problems later in service...

Anyway, I also managed to ride the bus today. Some notes of interest that haven't been mentioned:

- No cameras yet.

- No front stop display yet, although there is provision for the init ITS

- Seat foam is thicker than usual, which is a welcome bonus

Also, I tried to make a video recording, but it seems like the microphone of my camera liked to pick up more of the low-frequency heater noise, which is a shame as I really thought the camera wouldn't suffer from the noise issues given how I could hear the engine properly while on the bus itself.

No, not really. It's quite a unique sounding bus; not really comparable to any other bus we currently have. The heaters are turned off near the latter half of the video, so try and skip forward a bit. Sorry about this inconvenience... the heaters were on for most of the trip.

The sound of the ZF Ecolife is just like any other buses such as the LFS and the VII. Most importantly, is the bus slow on taking off?