TTC Application Process

ericgu22

I got confirmation from MTO on May 31st and yet still waiting for training date. The recruiter said I am in the que for training date. It’s been almost 1.5 months but haven’t received anything yet. Anyone waited this long ? 

2 hours ago, MK007 said:

I got confirmation from MTO on May 31st and yet still waiting for training date. The recruiter said I am in the que for training date. It’s been almost 1.5 months but haven’t received anything yet. Anyone waited this long ? 

I thought once you were in training queue they would put you in the next training class which runs every week?

15 minutes ago, raptorz416 said:

I thought once you were in training queue they would put you in the next training class which runs every week?

Apparently not, I don’t know, I have been in the que for almost 1.5 months now. Followed up twice and same response. Seems like they want people to start by end of the year more likely than compared to now. 

7 hours ago, MK007 said:

Apparently not, I don’t know, I have been in the que for almost 1.5 months now. Followed up twice and same response. Seems like they want people to start by end of the year more likely than compared to now. 

They can only train x amount of people per week.  You're on TTC's time so you just gotta stay patient lol. Hang in there

So they put me in street car division and I start training soon. 

can someone that works for the ttc tell me how hard it is to Take classes while you’re working? I basically have like 4 classes left to graduate and I’m wondering if it’s possible to take one or two per semester?  Will our off days be the same every week? I know the ttc work schedule Is going to be hectic but will my off days change on a week to week basis?

On 7/11/2022 at 10:01 PM, Gluttonous mofo said:

They can only train x amount of people per week.  You're on TTC's time so you just gotta stay patient lol. Hang in there

Did you get a training date yet ? I beleive you did medical In January and waiting for training date right ? 

2 hours ago, MK007 said:

Did you get a training date yet ? I beleive you did medical In January and waiting for training date right ? 

I got my training date yesterday and I did my medical in marcH. They probably missed some documents if you still haven’t gotten it. I would’ve gotten mine earlier but they said they never received my documents way back in Jan. 

On 7/14/2022 at 11:33 PM, Gluttonous mofo said:

Medical in January training date in April

Hey brother, need your help, I guess you got subway right ? I have questions and need your help, can you shoot me a dm with your contact ? Please would really appreciate it. I’m in quite complication situation. Your support will be appreciated 

Hi guys, I am waiting for my TTC's medical appointment/police check from the last 2 months. My educational/job references were done within 1 week of job offer but after that complete silence. I emailed them thrice but no response either. Should I wait more? Thanks!

56 minutes ago, user1234567 said:

Unfortunately I failed one of my tests in training and was told I can re-apply in 1 year

Does anybody know if TTC will rehire people who didn't pass training? Is it even worth reapplying in a year?

They have in the past. Get in touch with the OTC head 

8 hours ago, user1234567 said:

Unfortunately I failed one of my tests in training and was told I can re-apply in 1 year

Does anybody know if TTC will rehire people who didn't pass training? Is it even worth reapplying in a year?

What part of the test did you fail? 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, raptorz416 said:

Anyone know why streetcar training is tough?? I read on one forum somewhere 1/16 guys passed the training? Wtf Aren’t streetcars mostly automatic? I thought it would be easier than a bus but apparently not

A streetcar operator is more likely to end up in an accident,  as a streetcar cannot go around hazards.  All you can do is notice it and stop in time. In addition, not only do you have to learn the operation of a streetcar,  but also gain a basic understanding of the infrastructure, such as track and overhead power. 

On 7/13/2022 at 12:42 PM, raptorz416 said:

So they put me in street car division and I start training soon. 

can someone that works for the ttc tell me how hard it is to Take classes while you’re working? I basically have like 4 classes left to graduate and I’m wondering if it’s possible to take one or two per semester?  Will our off days be the same every week? I know the ttc work schedule Is going to be hectic but will my off days change on a week to week basis?

yes and no.  it depends on what you sign.  i say 99% of the employees get the same off days for the board period (generally 4 to 6 weeks).  your off day may change after the board period ends.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, raptorz416 said:

Anyone know why streetcar training is tough?? I read on one forum somewhere 1/16 guys passed the training? Wtf Aren’t streetcars mostly automatic? I thought it would be easier than a bus but apparently not

don't listen to what people tells you.  some people told me the passing rate for drivers is 50%.  My class of 12 has 100% passing rate and the other class has nobody passed.  Don't let the statistics to scare you.  each class is different.  

On 7/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

don't listen to what people tells you.  some people told me the passing rate for drivers is 50%.  My class of 12 has 100% passing rate and the other class has nobody passed.  Don't let the statistics to scare you.  each class is different.  

Would that not be 50%? ?

• Haha 1

Today I passed the day 16 road test. The hardest part of the test was the right turn from Dufferin S/B onto Castlefield W/B. Had to make quite a wide alternate turn maneuver,  and even then, I had to wait until the oncoming vehicles in the left turn lane were gone, so I could complete the turn safely without mounting the curb. Time to begin revenue service training starting tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, TransitMotorcoach said:

Today I passed the day 16 road test. The hardest part of the test was the right turn from Dufferin S/B onto Castlefield W/B. Had to make quite a wide alternate turn maneuver,  and even then, I had to wait until the oncoming vehicles in the left turn lane were gone, so I could complete the turn safely without mounting the curb. Time to begin revenue service training starting tomorrow. 

It's a pretty interesting turn to make. I had to wait quite a while to make that right turn onto Castlefield when I was doing my test. There are some routes with very similar turns, that's why they make it part of the test. 

Congratulations on passing. Now you're on the home stretch but keep your focus up. You still need to have satisfactory daily progress until you pass your final test. Get lots of rest for your divisional training days as you'll be doing more driving in 3 days then you have in your entire training so far. 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:21 PM, TtcEmpress said:

Anyone can tell me what to expect for the physical test...how much weight I need to carry for x amount of time,etc?

I think it's 30 to 40 pounds and if I remember correctly you just walk down the hallway and back. Someone who's done medical recently will know. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

It's a pretty interesting turn to make. I had to wait quite a while to make that right turn onto Castlefield when I was doing my test. There are some routes with very similar turns, that's why they make it part of the test. 

Congratulations on passing. Now you're on the home stretch but keep your focus up. You still need to have satisfactory daily progress until you pass your final test. Get lots of rest for your divisional training days as you'll be doing more driving in 3 days then you have in your entire training so far. 

I think it's 30 to 40 pounds and if I remember correctly you just walk down the hallway and back. Someone who's done medical recently will know. 

I heard it was 75 lbs and you have to go up and down 2 flights of stairs as well. *You are timed as well, with the person carrying a stop watch following you.