TTC Application Process

ericgu22

1 hour ago, OperatorP said:

Just got my call!!!

Starting May 3rd and unbelievably got exactly what I wanted; Streetcar at Russell!

How did you know in the first place that you wanted streetcar at Russell?what is Russell? It must be the route name,right?and it must be very close to your home? For me all I know are some buses that runs close to my home.for instance 116,38,95 & 85.

56 minutes ago, TTC-excited said:

How did you know in the first place that you wanted streetcar at Russell?what is Russell? It must be the route name,right?and it must be very close to your home? For me all I know are some buses that runs close to my home.for instance 116,38,95 & 85.

Russell is a Carhouse (Queen at Connaught) and has many different streetcar routes - I live downtown east so this is very convenient. 

I absolutely adore the new streetcars with their new cockpit like areas for operators - so looking forward to that too when they finally all roll out. 

On 12/04/2016 at 11:16 AM, TTC-excited said:

How did your test go? Did you pass it?can you also tell me what date was your documentation? And when did you get the call for training? I am trying to figure out the time frame from documentation to training call?

I passed, the day 25 test is easy as long as you don't break any hta rules you're okay, I found day 16 more difficult,  Yesterday was my first day in regular service which went well. I don't remember exact dates but it was about a 3-4 month wait. 

• Like 1

Congratulations to a fellow streetcar operator.  Always love hearing a new class coming in and means I move up in seniority.   

Still don't know as how low floor training works to the operators at Roncy.  As I'm assuming all the operators who are being trained for the low floor are out of Russell 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I have been familiarizing myself with the forum, and wanted to know if anyone can fill me in one the Information Session? I believe that We have to write a short test and essay? Timeline--- I sent in my resume about a month and a half ago. And received my invitation request 3 weeks later...thanks for any responses

Hey everyone!!  It's been awhile.  Wanted to give an update...I finally got my police clearance letter.  Only took 5 months, (7 if you count the date from the interview date)...what a disaster.  Anyone have any clue as to how long it takes from getting the police clearance and documentation?? I'm just really stoked that the clearance finally came in and I'm ready to get going!!

Cheers

On 24/04/2016 at 3:58 PM, Bus girl said:

Hi everyone, I have been familiarizing myself with the forum, and wanted to know if anyone can fill me in one the Information Session? I believe that We have to write a short test and essay? Timeline--- I sent in my resume about a month and a half ago. And received my invitation request 3 weeks later...thanks for any responses

Hey Bus girl. ..

The info session was pretty straightforward. Guest speakers and HR ppl talk about the job. They go over some power points.  They'll explain the job shadow assignment (pay attention to that) a lot of ppl in my session had a tough time understanding that. Biggest thing is to pay attention to everything that is said.

The test is 50 questions. ..you have 12 mins.  You're not expected to finish. You have 14 seconds per question. It's to show you can focus under pressure. The essay is done in 5 mins. They're looking for spelling and grammar (plus content obviously)...this forum is awesome, ppl are super helpful and very supportive. Welcome!

I guess there's no more new operators off the street into Subways. looks like a bunch of transfers on both YUS and BD. It was a good run. The last set of new guys came in January, nothing new since with the exception of transfers. 

It looks as though they're still hiring like crazy, lots of new hires in buses and streetcars, I saw a Training car going up Kingston Rd to Bingham loop. Also, a good amount of Operators becoming supervisors, and they're in the 72000 series!

11 hours ago, crankyfranky said:

Hey Bus girl. ..

The info session was pretty straightforward. Guest speakers and HR ppl talk about the job. They go over some power points.  They'll explain the job shadow assignment (pay attention to that) a lot of ppl in my session had a tough time understanding that. Biggest thing is to pay attention to everything that is said.

The test is 50 questions. ..you have 12 mins.  You're not expected to finish. You have 14 seconds per question. It's to show you can focus under pressure. The essay is done in 5 mins. They're looking for spelling and grammar (plus content obviously)...this forum is awesome, ppl are super helpful and very supportive. Welcome!

Hi crankyfranky, i applied online 3 weeks ago for transit operator and got information session invitation 2 days later. The invitation said i will have a test on the session day and gave 5 sample questions. It also mentioned that the questions include reflect basic math problems, word problems and logical problems. BUT I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING ABOUT ESSAY!!! So i am confused when i see you guys discuss about essay. Will i have an essay on information session or not? Just in case, what will the essay about?  Thanks for any responses.

18 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

I guess there's no more new operators off the street into Subways. looks like a bunch of transfers on both YUS and BD. It was a good run. The last set of new guys came in January, nothing new since with the exception of transfers. 

It looks as though they're still hiring like crazy, lots of new hires in buses and streetcars, I saw a Training car going up Kingston Rd to Bingham loop. Also, a good amount of Operators becoming supervisors, and they're in the 72000 series!

i got subway,starting may 9.

• Like 1

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM, crankyfranky said:

Hey everyone!!  It's been awhile.  Wanted to give an update...I finally got my police clearance letter.  Only took 5 months, (7 if you count the date from the interview date)...what a disaster.  Anyone have any clue as to how long it takes from getting the police clearance and documentation?? I'm just really stoked that the clearance finally came in and I'm ready to get going!!

Cheers

How come it took so long for a clearance? And congrats