TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Congrats!

Thanks!

Congrats Rekognize! Please let us know what you found hard during the training and what would you have done to make training easier?

I am still waiting for the training call since feb 11 documentation. I am Just a little worried about training because i have no experience driving a large vehicle, but i am sure if we work hard it will go well :).

I hope your training is going well Shaheenaz!

Like I mentioned a few pages back, the sooner you perfect your air brake and circle checks, the easier it will be. Good luck!

Yeah i was thinking about truck/bus driving school, but i can't financially afford that right now. Probably try the cube van. Thanks Leylandvictory2!

Just plug in gta V and go hijack a bus. If you drive that safely with cops chasing you, you're good. Just don't hit any curbs.

The hardest part of training was the simulator..

Just plug in gta V and go hijack a bus. If you drive that safely with cops chasing you, you're good. Just don't hit any curbs.

The hardest part of training was the simulator..

I though there was only a subway simulator..there's even a bus simulator?! O.o

Hi anybody here got a call after your documentation session program on Feb 24?

I got an idea to join Air Brake Course (2 days) - Sat & Sun from 8.00-17.00 cost $250 + tax (it is approved by MTO). after the course you will get certificate. At least this course will give me an idea, how to do with Air Brake System. You can search in google.ca.

I got an idea to join Air Brake Course (2 days) - Sat & Sun from 8.00-17.00 cost $250 + tax (it is approved by MTO). after the course you will get certificate. At least this course will give me an idea, how to do with Air Brake System. You can search in google.ca.

That's unnecessary. The TTC instructors want it done a certain way. Just pay attention in class and do your homework.

That's unnecessary. The TTC instructors want it done a certain way. Just pay attention in class and do your homework.

Ttc instructors are just teaching the same thing you'd learn at any school. Aside from the interlock test its all exactly the same. They even give you the same book that I was given when I did the course at Humber.

But I agree its a waste of time and money. Just read the air brake book if anything at all. They make you go over it so many times it'll make you sick. I was getting to the point I'd just let partner keep doing it.

waste of money, pay attention in class and youll be fine

Ok. I understand "waste of money" to have air brake course.

For those who have interviews today, I hope you can pass. From my experience, they didn't call me to say " Hei, you passed".

I was interviewed on Aug 29, 2014 (after rescheduled), but on Oct 8, I got an email that Drake was difficult to contact one of my past reference. From there I just knew that I passed the intv, then went to the next step "reference check" until I got a call to do Med Check (Nov 24) & conditional offer (4 Dec).

Thank you for giving me an input not to do the air brake course.

Yes, don't waste money on air brake course or renting anything.

The gentleman who used to be in charge of the simulator at Hillcrest has recently retired so I doubt they will be using it anymore.

The only reason our instructor sent us over to him was so that he could send half the class over at a time and he could do paper work with the other half.

Yes, don't waste money on air brake course or renting anything.

The gentleman who used to be in charge of the simulator at Hillcrest has recently retired so I doubt they will be using it anymore.

The only reason our instructor sent us over to him was so that he could send half the class over at a time and he could do paper work with the other half.

They had us go there twice throughout training. Second time for "advanced training" lol.

How abt u"TTCOpITM" ...heard anything for documentation...

Nope, still waiting. I hope to get a call by Friday because on February 6th, my recruiter told me in an email that I should be getting a call for documentation in the next month or so with a training start date likely in either March or April. On Friday, it will be exactly 4 weeks since I received that email, I understand that It could take longer, but I really would like to hear something sooner rather than later. What about you? Any updates?

Nope, still waiting. I hope to get a call by Friday because on February 6th, my recruiter told me in an email that I should be getting a call for documentation in the next month or so with a training start date likely in either March or April. On Friday, it will be exactly 4 weeks since I received that email, I understand that It could take longer, but I really would like to hear something sooner rather than later. What about you? Any updates?

Hi,I just got email " finalizing ur ref", as asked them not to contact my current employer earlier. Lets see how long it takes now...