TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Good luck everybody. My day 16 test didn't turn out good for me. Can anybody give me to link for brampton and mississuaga transit so I can try there. It was my dream to work for TTC , all these years I worked hard to reach this point and didn't realize it wasn't meant for me :( Back to the start point again , job search .

l'm very sorry to hear that Shaheenaz, I wish you the best in the future.

nop not a single curve I hit but took so many nick nack points out for wide turns or scaning or waiting for safe entrance to single sharing lane ..like that . I didn't thought it was coming because I thought I was driving safe and didn't hit any curves. 12 days on the road learning from scratch I thought I was driving good. Anyway what can I do now just accept it ! right !

You could appeal the decision to OTC. There was a post here a few pages back where the trainee failed the road test and was able to appeal and restart training a few months later.

They're going to look in your DPR and check how you did prior and if you have any unsatisfactory days they're obviously going to say no.

Again, good luck.

Good luck everybody. My day 16 test didn't turn out good for me. Can anybody give me to link for brampton and mississuaga transit so I can try there. It was my dream to work for TTC , all these years I worked hard to reach this point and didn't realize it wasn't meant for me :( Back to the start point again , job search .

Sorry to hear, that's tough. I guess they are getting tighter.I suggest speaking with your instructor to get his input. I know people who hit curbs and still passed.

You could appeal the decision to OTC. There was a post here a few pages back where the trainee failed the road test and was able to appeal and restart training a few months later.

They're going to look in your DPR and check how you did prior and if you have any unsatisfactory days they're obviously going to say no.

Again, good luck.

Yes....yes i heard the same, apparently you can apply for a "compasion retry" or something like that....there are other discussion threads on here for TTC ops that are passed training. One is "TTC Mics topics", another is" TTC you got the job now lets talk", perhaps some experienced ops can give you guidance on this "compassionate greivance" thing and help you out. No harm in trying. Persevere Shaheenaz, the worst HR can say is NO.

Hope this helps and gives you some hope.

Cheers

Can anyone confirm when an operator reaches full wages and what is the breakdown?

I know we go from training rate (6 hours per day) to 8hrs per day after training up to 12months.

Is there an increase at 12months thru to 24 months?

Do you reach full salary at 24 months or does it incease every year till you reach 4 years?

Does anyone know what the current full hourly wage is? (understanding that the annual

increases as per collective agreement would apply for 2016 & 2017)

Thanks for helping, I thouhgt I had this salary breakdown somewhere but I cant find it.

nop not a single curve I hit but took so many nick nack points out for wide turns or scaning or waiting for safe entrance to single sharing lane ..like that . I didn't thought it was coming because I thought I was driving safe and didn't hit any curves. 12 days on the road learning from scratch I thought I was driving good. Anyway what can I do now just accept it ! right !

Ya appeal it, nothing to lose. Someone I know failed day 16 and redid it and is now working and passed probation. Especially if like you said you just lost random points for dumb things like going wide. Even a curb hit if I remember is only two points. Not to be confused with a mount at 14.

Btw you unfortunately just missed all other recruitments. GO, Mississauga, Hamilton, Brampton are all not hiring right now. But keep checking usually one or several open recruitment every now and then but usually for a short window. So you have to be on top of it.

GO and Brampton start part time though.

Yes....yes i heard the same, apparently you can apply for a "compasion retry" or something like that....there are other discussion threads on here for TTC ops that are passed training. One is "TTC Mics topics", another is" TTC you got the job now lets talk", perhaps some experienced ops can give you guidance on this "compassionate greivance" thing and help you out. No harm in trying. Persevere Shaheenaz, the worst HR can say is NO.

Cheers

Can anyone confirm when an operator reaches full wages and what is the breakdown?

I know we go from training rate (6 hours per day) to 8hrs per day after training up to 12months.

Do you reach full salary at 24 months or does it incease every year till you reach 4 years?

Does anyone know what the current full hourly wage is? (understanding that the annual

Thanks for helping, I thouhgt I had this salary breakdown somewhere but I cant find it.

After training you go to around 24.50. After one year you go to just over 27 and after 2 years right now its at approx 32. But add 2% to all those values this April another 2% next and I don't remember if the first or last year was 2.25%.

I dont know the exact cents of all rates sorry.

Sorry to hear this, you should try the appeal, it couldn't hurt after all you have come this far.

Again, good luck.

A friend of mine failed and was allowed to restart his training but like I said in previous posts that instructor is well known for her failure rate. I am also friends with an instructor and basically his advice is to talk with your own instructor and ask him to be honest with you how he thought you would do? Generally after a few days they know what the outcome will be....but sometimes nerves do get the best of people.

Soooo sad.. I wish u get something better than this in ur career. All the best...

Sorry to hear that my friend. I am sure something better is waiting for you. All the best!!

Again, good luck.

I didn't have any unsatisfactory day in my DPR. I think I will appeal.

Cheers

Thanks imhopin2

Ya appeal it, nothing to lose. Someone I know failed day 16 and redid it and is now working and passed probation. Especially if like you said you just lost random points for dumb things like going wide. Even a curb hit if I remember is only two points. Not to be confused with a mount at 14.

Btw you unfortunately just missed all other recruitments. GO, Mississauga, Hamilton, Brampton are all not hiring right now. But keep checking usually one or several open recruitment every now and then but usually for a short window. So you have to be on top of it.

After training you go to around 24.50. After one year you go to just over 27 and after 2 years right now its at approx 32. But add 2% to all those values this April another 2% next and I don't remember if the first or last year was 2.25%.

Thanks LMESSIAH

So, what do usually the trainer fill in our DPR? If the DPR is good, and you fail in Road Test then TTC will kick you? They don't see the DPR, only Road test is the benchmark whether go or not go to the next day?

Unfortunately yes. The road test is for the ministry not the ttc they have authority to conduct tests on mtos behalf. So they can't turn their head if you don't qualify, they'd lose their privilege pretty fast if they did. That's mto standards not ttcs. Ttcs standards are much lower you'll see how the day 25 test is marked much more leniently than day 16.

Unfortunately yes. The road test is for the ministry not the ttc they have authority to conduct tests on mtos behalf. So they can't turn their head if you don't qualify, they'd lose their privilege pretty fast if they did. That's mto standards not ttcs. Ttcs standards are much lower you'll see how the day 25 test is marked much more leniently than day 16.

You mean they actually mark day 25? Lol.

You mean they actually mark day 25? Lol.

Of course I believe its marks go something like this... Crash bus fail otherwise welcome to the ttc lol.

Guy on day 25 lectured me said I made oncoming traffic have to take evasive action 4 times but you passed. Inside I was like wtf are you talking about?? You were sleeping at the back of the bus and that didn't happen once. But guess he felt the need to tell me what to work on while he gave me my badge. I passed so chose not to get onto a debate about it just said thanks and left.

Sorry to hear Shaheenaz, I wish you all the best in your future, you are a determined person and will be successful!

Got my police clearance in the mail today, had a giant stamp on the top-right saying "CLEARED"

I gotta scan it the report to my recruiter, right?

Still waiting on for my medical though...

So....before we go on the test on Day 16. Do we have to run the bus on the public road?

Shaheenaz, where is your division?

Birchmount. Yes we take bus to road every day.

Sorry to hear Shaheenaz, I wish you all the best in your future, you are a determined person and will be successful!

Got my police clearance in the mail today, had a giant stamp on the top-right saying "CLEARED"

Thanks fidoo66

thank Lmessiah, appreciate it.

Yes Fidoo, if its stamped clear, email a copy to your recriuiter.

BTW, if you do not hear from TTC within 5 days of having your medical, assume "no news is good news".

You will only hear from TTC if your piss-test comes back positive or if medisystem gives you

a failing health grade. Your results are your business and TTC will only know if you are a "pass" or

"fail" and will not know reasons, that is for your knowing only and you can deal with them privately.

Some people on here got a confirmation email from their recruiter letting them know when medical

clearance came in but I did NOT. My recruiter did however acknowledge receipt of my police clearance,....

where others on here did NOT. Different recruiters appear to opperate differently. Take note of how

long you are told each step will take and if you have not heared from TTC for a week after the time line

they give you.....CALL your recruiter for reassurance you have not been forgotten about.

Good luck in your process, hope this helps you out as you wait out the steps.

cheers :-)