TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Thanx Rekognize that was good info didn't know their busses went that far south. Andyman, I hear u, but I wouldn't have it any other way, lived their all my life, not as bad as some say

Just do us Queensway guys a favor when you do the 191 bus, pull your bus all the way into the bay so we can get out when doing the 44. Unlike almost everyone else at that division. ?

For 1980: You're right, your profile states gender. Most don't.

My hiring process lasted a year. I did get placed very close from home which is nice. Also it helps as I know the streets and the area quite well.

I'm very happy with my new career and the company and I have just completed my first year driving the bus. Can't wait to finish the second year so that I can then explore other modes or jobs within the company... Not to mention to get paid at full rate too!

Have a nice weekend!

Just do us Queensway guys a favor when you do the 191 bus, pull your bus all the way into the bay so we can get out when doing the 44. Unlike almost everyone else at that division. ?

Happens all the time....been doing 111 a lot lately and they always pull 3/4 into 112 bay to unload and I can't get out...and they usually have quite the load.

Happens all the time....been doing 111 a lot lately and they always pull 3/4 into 112 bay to unload and I can't get out...and they usually have quite the load.

Ya same, not sure what their problem is. Constantly blocking me out. Rarely have that problem with any other route at Kipling. Guy nose dived into the stop yesterday ass way out and way back. Got out and went to washroom. Had to reverse a wats back to get out.

Are they rough?

Are they rough?

Was talking with an Arrow road guy today who told me they still have a huge spare board but he has moved up 22 spots in seniority. Transfers out.... told me best routes are Calvington and Martingrove, in his opinion anyways...

For 1980: You're right, your profile states gender. Most don't.

My hiring process lasted a year. I did get placed very close from home which is nice. Also it helps as I know the streets and the area quite well.

I'm very happy with my new career and the company and I have just completed my first year driving the bus. Can't wait to finish the second year so that I can then explore other modes or jobs within the company... Not to mention to get paid at full rate too!

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks for the info. I hope I get placed somewhere close to home if I made it passed the interview.

19 routes at Arrow ..Is that accurate? Wilson has 41 =\

Wilson has a lot of routes but majority of crews on Dufferin and Bathurst. Lots of smaller 1,2 or 3 bus routes. Whenever I went to work at Arrow all I got was Jane and at Wilson only Dufferin as each has a ton of crews.

I think they do try to place you close to home. I am coming from Durham Region and got placed in the second closest division to me (Eglinton Division). I think Malvern was the closest but more senior operators work there. I just hope Eglinton Division is good and I don't get the Yonge 320 as my route lol.

I think they do try to place you close to home. I am coming from Durham Region and got placed in the second closest division to me (Eglinton Division). I think Malvern was the closest but more senior operators work there. I just hope Eglinton Division is good and I don't get the Yonge 320 as my route lol.

The explanation given to me was that your placed where needed. As an example in our group of 8. 3 from Brampton were placed at Eglinton and 3 from the east were placed at MTD and then myself who can walk to closest division and didn't get it. The op in front of me one badge who lives in Pickering got Queensway, so absolutely no logic in our group and the one in front of us. At least they have changed the rules where you can transfer within mode in a year or so.

Can you not switch with someone that started with you in the same training class. I've heard of people switching with someone, where it benefits both parties. Idon't believe this, but that's what I heard.

People asked that when I started they said nope. And same like andyman said people from Scarborough and Durham sent to Queensway while same week people from Georgetown sent to birchmount. Dont think they give a damn when your number comes up your sent to the opening they're filling next.. Naturally some people will be placed where they live but that is likely an accident.

I did read on here a while back someone claimed to be allowed to start a week later to get division closer to home. Think they had one kick ass recruiter on the day before their vacation or something lol.

be grateful you have a job with TTC. We have to pay our dues.

Very true, looking back even though I was very disappointed not to get the nearest division to me it worked out to my benefit to start at a bigger division. Even though I spent an extra 30/40 mins a day commuting as well as more $$ on gas I never had to do night bus and with the difficulty of the routes I gained valuable experience quicker than I would elsewhere. When the time was right I moved and its working out great. Under 2 kms from my house to division. I made many friends at my old division and still remain in contact with a few. Some have also moved onto different positions within the TTC, a few others didn't make it thru probation and a couple others quit as they couldn't handle the job. I will definitely enjoy my March break off and hope everyone else has a good one.

People asked that when I started they said nope. And same like andyman said people from Scarborough and Durham sent to Queensway while same week people from Georgetown sent to birchmount. Dont think they give a damn when your number comes up your sent to the opening they're filling next.. Naturally some people will be placed where they live but that is likely an accident.

I did read on here a while back someone claimed to be allowed to start a week later to get division closer to home. Think they had one kick ass recruiter on the day before their vacation or something lol.

THis happened to me when i started in 2010...was given the option to start 6 days( i believe a holiday fell in there which explains the 6 days and not 7) later and take bus at a closer location or start sooner and have streetcar at roncy...was not a hard decision....bus please!

Not as bad as the 192 offloading. At least the 191 passengers don't have luggage.

Arrow is very close to me, so I'm happy about that, not sure what all the routes are but looking forward to driving through neighborhoods I caused trouble as a kid. Lol

Don't listen to these guys Arrow isn't that bad. I heard horror stories before I transferred over from Queensway. Honestly I had more problems on Kipling then I have had on Jane. Queensway isn't the fairytale everyone makes it out to be. Arrows routes are very busy lines but they are long so you only do 3 or 4 trips a day and you're done. Expect to sign spareboard once you pass training. Pretty much the entire 6th selection is on either spareboard or vacation board.

Ya but the 192 doesn't usually block people in like the 191. I'm sure everyones been guilty of it at one time or another but for the 191 they either do it on purpose or someone told them during training to stay well back on the platform because its non stop with them..

Ya but the 192 doesn't usually block people in like the 191. I'm sure everyones been guilty of it at one time or another but for the 191 they either do it on purpose or someone told them during training to stay well back on the platform because its non stop with them..

There was a running joke when I was as Queensway about the guys on the 191 barreling into Kipling Stn doing 70, but after doing the 191, I see why they do. That run has no time! I did an offday exchange a while back and had to do the 191 for 4 hours. I think my blood pressure increased in that time.

There was a running joke when I was as Queensway about the guys on the 191 barreling into Kipling Stn doing 70, but after doing the 191, I see why they do. That run has no time! I did an offday exchange a while back and had to do the 191 for 4 hours. I think my blood pressure increased in that time.

ya its easy to see they're in a rush I could be the 192 at subway crescent and they're still trying to overtake me.. I'm express too buddy take it easy lol.

Although guess in comparison I probably have light years of time.