TTC Application Process

ericgu22

How the heck you guys get calls back from TTC, but I get nothing? I have already heard from Go Transit, Brampton Transit, Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority and a few more. TTC would be great for me as I would have a short commute compared to the other agencies that respond to me! lol

How long ago did you apply? They're notoriously slow for calling back.

How the heck you guys get calls back from TTC, but I get nothing? I have already heard from Go Transit, Brampton Transit, Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority and a few more. TTC would be great for me as I would have a short commute compared to the other agencies that respond to me! lol

Since you were waiting for a call, you forgot to check your mail. That is how I received the notification to come to an information session.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to do an assignment where I have to interview operators...i have to do no matter what 2 night buses and a subway operator...shouldnt be that hard

Don't forget about the rush hour trip they want you to do on rt 35 Jane.

I have to do an assignment where I have to interview operators...i have to do no matter what 2 night buses and a subway operator...shouldnt be that hard

Those 2 night buses should be 320 and 300,... end to end,... on a Saturday night,...then tell me if it's not that hard. :rolleyes:

Don't forget about the rush hour trip they want you to do on rt 35 Jane.

this was probably the case in the past but now they want us to complete Yonge blue night bus, Queen St. Street car night, subway line and atleast 2 other routes but not during rush hours.

Guys what type of buses are running on Eglinton East route 34 ?

this was probably the case in the past but now they want us to complete Yonge blue night bus, Queen St. Street car night, subway line and atleast 2 other routes but not during rush hours.

Guys what type of buses are running on Eglinton East route 34 ?

Do an extra 2-3 route rides for some bonus points

TTC job shadowing assignment instructions state that "you should speak to the Guard on the train, not the Operator"

I was shadowing a Guard and the train came to an end of its route where the Guard switched to operating the same train. He invited me to join him while he is operating the train on the way back. You guys think its okay for me to mention this in the interview or just leave it alone. I did speak to the Guard to begin with though.

TTC job shadowing assignment instructions state that "you should speak to the Guard on the train, not the Operator"

I was shadowing a Guard and the train came to an end of its route where the Guard switched to operating the same train. He invited me to join him while he is operating the train on the way back. You guys think its okay for me to mention this in the interview or just leave it alone. I did speak to the Guard to begin with though.

The same thing happened to me as i did mine on the Sheppard subway. Seeing how short it is I was then invited up to the front by the guard. I didnt really have any more questions for him but for that trip it was merely chatting about the job. You could add any extra info that you're given but I would just show it as you interviewing the guard. I dont see the need to mention the transition from guard/operator...just my opinion

Leave it alone. It's irrelevant and unnecessary information.

I am doing my job assignment on Jan 6th...i can miss one day work that day...Is the assignment been hard so far....

Not at all mate but i still need to do the night routes -_-

Leave it alone. It's irrelevant and unnecessary information.

makes sense, thanks

The same thing happened to me as i did mine on the Sheppard subway. Seeing how short it is I was then invited up to the front by the guard. I didnt really have any more questions for him but for that trip it was merely chatting about the job. You could add any extra info that you're given but I would just show it as you interviewing the guard. I dont see the need to mention the transition from guard/operator...just my opinion

oh cool, thanks. Did you do the night routes yet?

What did you think, I was still waiting for a reply?

You clearly misread my comment.

No I don't think you are still waiting for a reply. The wording you used just seems like "Nobody goes to that bar anymore, it's always packed"

So in other words if you don't reapply then you defiantly wont get in. If you do reapply then you at least might get it.

Well it has been 8 weeks since m interview and still no word....starting to lose hope....the interview I thought went well....I would have thought if they were going to say no they would have sent the letter right away?? Anyone else have to wait this long for a response?

Well it has been 8 weeks since m interview and still no word....starting to lose hope....the interview I thought went well....I would have thought if they were going to say no they would have sent the letter right away?? Anyone else have to wait this long for a response?

sorry to bring bad news, but I heard back from them about 2-3 business days after my interview(offered conditional employment via phone call). However they did say during the interview that they would get in touch regardless of whether i got the job or not...this was about 2 years back.

"However they did say during the interview that they would get in touch regardless of whether i got the job or not"

Yes that is what they told me also but I cant imagine why they would wait this long to say no......I just hoping they are waiting to see how many operators they will need in the new year????maybe wishfull thinking on my part.