CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

It really doesn't take much to flatten wheels. Wheel slippage... disc brakes grabbing... emergency braking... not to sure how many times you can reprofile a wheel. The abuse the new trains are taking during commissioning wouldn't take much to flatten the wheels. 

More common then you think:)

Oh I know how they get flats, used to drive train in England, but I have ridden some awful cars over the years, flats, hunting trucks. However they tend to ride better than the engines.

Saw two of the new cars outside AG Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Nick B said:

Just spotted a flatbed with #2404 on it heading NB in a CPR train passing Canyon Meadows station! They must of forced that delivery...they must have at least 12 cars ready to go "stock piled" room must be tight out there

• Like 2

One thing that I've noticed that is very different from this car operating from the others is that (correct me if I'm wrong) the amber driving lights were on while it was operating (leading end) it really stood out  when I seen this car yesterday  Whenever I've seen these cars working on test track their amber driving lights were not on just the headlights.

Let's hope it's working the way it's designed to. 

#2404 is now sitting outside AG and it now has different decals than 401 and 402. The side fleet numbers are on the red instead of black, and it has the red and white City of Calgary logos (similar to the Calgary.ca website header) on the roofline. In short, it looks fantastic! 

On May 1, 2016 at 8:33 PM, LRT said:

Sounds like we are getting one every week?  Have you heard true to that??

I haven't heard anything for sure.  Based on the reported numbers of completed LRVs in Sacramento, I'm guessing it'll be more frequent for the next little while.