Grand River Transit

Transit 20

• 3 weeks later...

P2023-25 Hybrid and Electric Transit Buses

• Nova Bus has been awarded the contract for hybrid and electric transit buses for 2023 to 2025, with annual options to renew until 2028.
  • The contract allows for up to 104 hybrid and electric buses to be purchased. 
  • The initial order is for 8 40' hybrid buses in 2024 at a cost of $9.6M plus HST.

P2016-24 Transportation Feeder Service (busPLUS)

• The busPLUS service contract with Voyago is being extended an additional two years to March 31, 2026.
  • Even though the original Voyago contract expires March 31, 2024, additional time is needed to prepare a new RFP and allow vehicle procurement.
  • A new RFP will be issued for busPLUS service to take effect in 2026.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 10:45 AM, 2281 said:

What’s the problem you’re trying to fix here?

Finding out where a Bus is headed without waiting for the sign to cycle through to the destination. So instead of waiting for it to cycle (example with the 31)

31 Columbia
31 to Columbia/Sundew
"Have a Nice Day"/"Bus Full"/"Lest we Forget"

It could look like the old signs

31 Columbia to Columbia/Sundew

I also wonder if there's a way to show what the bus is going to turn into at the next station (idk... like with a slash i.e. Route 9/13). I don't know how useful it would be for everybody, but in my case with the 19, showing that it would turn into the 30 would probably save some confusion.

image.png.15741e0ab0f99db76f48f0711dcba2b8.png

like This (totally not done in Microsoft Paint)

• Like 1

Normally GRT signs change before reaching the platform, and this can confuse people into thinking it's something else. Also, with digital next departure signs and paper schedules, this feels like it would serve no real purpose. A good idea is to not have it scroll, although if the text is stacked it can be harder to see from a distance

6 hours ago, CanadianBrick1 said:

Normally GRT signs change before reaching the platform, and this can confuse people into thinking it's something else. Also, with digital next departure signs and paper schedules, this feels like it would serve no real purpose. A good idea is to not have it scroll, although if the text is stacked it can be harder to see from a distance

i personally do not have a problem with seeing stacked destination signs from a farther distance. People can simply see the route when the bus stops or when the bus is approaching.

Btw this is what I made in paint.net of what the GRT dest signs could look like

Just some photos

• 21201 running Route 30 "Ring Road" at QNC
  • 21736 running Route 13 "Laurelwood" at UW Station
  • 22024 running Route 19B "Hazel" at UW Station
  • 21216 running Route 201 "iXpress Fischer-Hallman" at UW Station

Does anybody know if there are any more asymmetric's around, the wiki says that a few still exist.

_MG_0059.JPG

_MG_0076.JPG

_MG_0083.JPG

_MG_0094.JPG

• Like 1