Grand River Transit

Transit 20

more likely the hybrids will be first ones to come in they were already on order when they awarded the contract for the all electrics patience is key they will come i have contacts at both Kitchener and waterloo garages.

also a reminder the 60 footers are post to be coming in this fall also

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

My guess is to get drivers trained on 22103 (?) because GRT has a decent order of more LFS HEVs coming this year. I believe 22105 and 22108 are still in Cambridge.

It is there to familiarize the mechanics and the drivers. 22103 is currently on the 59 as well. When I was in Kitchener, 22105 and 22108 were based there and 22106 was in Cambridge. Not sure if 22107 entered service yet.

the 30 footers Arent in Cambridge anymore due nobody wanted to drive them all 30 footers are in Kitchener i know many drivers in Cambridge who refuse to drive them.

my friend who fixes the buses for GRT is looking into why 22103 is in Cambridge.

i have many contacts at GRT.

22105 was last out June 5.

22106 was spotted on the 27.

22107 is on the 27.

22108 was also spotted on the 27.

7 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

not trying to be rude but idk why you needed to list all the VMCs and what route they are on/last seen.

It's good to know where they are and when they were last out. It's a way to kinda know what to expect if you venture down there. Knowing that they are no longer being used in Cambridge for the time being is a plus of knowledge. The last time GRT had anything smaller than a 40 foot on any route were the three Orion 1 35 foots. It's good to keep up with something of this uniqueness in their fleet.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone wondering why the GRT Site is down. There was a service outage today that is also affecting the GRT site. 

Route 79 starts on July 11th. It is a new On-Demand Route in the town of Breslau and surrounding area including the Region of Waterloo International Airport. It will have route connections to Route 34 and iXpress Route 204.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Transit 20 said:

grand opening of Northfield garage this Thursday more info in he link on the bottom.

Interesting that it states that there are electric buses and articulated buses on site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 1:23 PM, Transit 20 said:

the 30 footers Arent in Cambridge anymore due nobody wanted to drive them all 30 footers are in Kitchener i know many drivers in Cambridge who refuse to drive them.

my friend who fixes the buses for GRT is looking into why 22103 is in Cambridge.

i have many contacts at GRT.

22105 was last out June 5.

22106 was spotted on the 27.

22107 is on the 27.

22108 was also spotted on the 27.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:36 PM, hamilton.area.transit said:

not trying to be rude but idk why you needed to list all the VMCs and what route they are on/last seen.

I think the real question is why were operators refusing to drive them?

because cambridge operators dont like change this was the same way when they got the new flyers all they wanted was novas.

in other GRT news.

Stanley park Terminal closes Monday for 2 years there is major working going on with the mall all buses will be parking on Holborn.

2 hours ago, Transit 20 said:

because cambridge operators dont like change this was the same way when they got the new flyers all they wanted was novas.

in other GRT news.

Stanley park Terminal closes Monday for 2 years there is major working going on with the mall all buses will be parking on Holborn.

Canadian Tire is replacing the Walmart, thus, the 2 year renovation 

On 8/3/2022 at 2:19 PM, 2281 said:

I think the real question is why were operators refusing to drive them?

Most drivers use to try and play the doctor's note game. They used to pull that with the refusal of driving Orion's to refusing to drive the XD40s. I am sure that they are no longer accepting those kind of notes and you are given the vehicle or you go home.

• Haha 1

if its a valid doctors note exempting you from driving for certain reasons the employer has to honour it provided that they have the equipment to accommodate. if it was a system like the STM where they only have Nova and you get a doctors note exempting you, then the employer will have to find another method of work. They cant however ignore your exemptions and force you to drive a certain bus model.