Nova Bus LFS - 2011 order

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
8 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

Where they fuel up the DEF for that bus, because I hear Anderson Garage don have Diesel exhaust fluid pump.

If you have an electric outlet nearby, one of these can be set down by forklift anywhere.

my shop used this setup without problem for 3 years before permanent DEF infrastructure was installed.

pump comes in compressed air versions too.

A824AA9F-FF80-4879-89FC-A007B1BDD043.thumb.jpeg.82496bd0e07366e72a497651064aab44.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vicinity said:

Really what about 8016-8060

The 8016-8065 and 8066-8095 have DPF only, they have no urea.

Only nova's ,arboc,XD60/40 and All diesel engine after EPA2010 have DEF pump.

Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is an aqueous urea solution made with 32.5% urea and 67.5% deionized water.

30 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

If you have an electric outlet nearby, one of these can be set down by forklift anywhere.

my shop used this setup without problem for 3 years before permanent DEF infrastructure was installed.

pump comes in compressed air versions too.

A824AA9F-FF80-4879-89FC-A007B1BDD043.thumb.jpeg.82496bd0e07366e72a497651064aab44.jpeg

So this time will be my first time know AG run DEF.

Last year i went in side, The guys tell me they don't have DEF pump.

In china, we have the Big DEF machine, like the gas pump, Those big machine have heater in side for make sure DEF not freeze up.

I only have problem is NOVA rear is so hot, i can't seat down because i feeling i am seating in fire.

2 minutes ago, transit-history said:

If they don't use def fluid then what is going on when they go into a regen?

Sir, because that is a EPA2007 engine, And DEF is EPA2010.

Those bus Will be regen, and some those 8016-8095 have bad  SMELL they was regen, and some unit regen over 4 hours.

EPA2007 and Euro 4 is same standard,most euro 4 engine with the scr already,  but north america still like the MAN, don't want the DEF in that time.

In EPA 2010, CAT and international still try to Stay away the DEF, that why they failure in the emission,cat leave the truck engine market in 2009 and International's put the scr system in 2013.

1 hour ago, transit-history said:

If they don't use def fluid then what is going on when they go into a regen?

-The exact same thing SCR equipped engines do when they go into regeneration.

The urea dosing unit is disabled, and the EGR valve stays closed.

more specifically, the turbo spools up and the injector timing is modified to also pulse on the exhaust stroke, sending excess air and fuel to be burnt in the catalytic converter, thereby heating up the carbon spoot deposits immediately downstream in the particulate filter enough that they combust, leaving only trace ash deposits.

(This is why particulate filters have to be replaced periodically and cleaned using specialized equipment)

larger engines like the ISM and  ISX have dedicated a fuel injector in the exhaust stream.

• Like 3